RCU Forums - View Single Post - Scale aircraft carrier capable of landing scale rc planes on
Old 01-04-2007, 08:18 PM
tcopeland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Scale aircraft carrier capable of landing scale rc planes on

Everyone I appreciate all your hard thoughts and considerations, on my project, i believe a slight scale down would be better, really i wanted to see one of those f18 jets (turbine land on it that was why i needed all the space i could get, but i know where to get the hull made for something that size and would give plenty of room, im going to look into it, I use to work for a houseboat company that made there own hulls. Great Idea, I also know where I can get enough aluminium square tubing, to build the flight deck with, put a layer of 7/8 ply down glass it and roll some of the recycled pavement over it and let heat or bake in the sun, then roll and paint. You got the makings of a wonderful flight deck that is reletively light compaired to real thing. one very good point that was brought up was licenseing because of size, something i hadnt thought about because it would mostly be a prop, very very expensive prop. and on that note, where could i find a 1/12 style monster of a wheel /prop, that the nimitz has. as far as a motor, just need to rebuild a 4cyl mercruiser and that would be more then enought to cover the propulsion I would need, we are looking at 67 ft. I cant think of any other option there.

Thanks for the input keep it coming im going to check on the price of a hull..