View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 10:20 AM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (48)

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Turbine Enforcer

Myles,
Lookin good!
I was wondering how you planned on mounting your turbine. You will need some structure in the rear to support the turbine weight. I installed a couple of hardwood pieces in the back for the turbine mount to bolt through. Also I installed a couple of extra wing spars for additional strength. About 6" from the trailing edge the stringers also provide a rigid surface for the servo mounts. If you look carefully at the pictures in post #1 and post #14 you will see what I am talking about. In post #14 you can see that I penciled an "E" and an "R" where the elevator and rudder servos will go.

re: speed brake. Do you guys think the speed brake is "really" necessary? If i do install one, do I recess it into the bottom so as to keep the bottom smooth or leave just laying against the bottom?
I'm glad I installed a speed brake and use it all the time for landing unless there is a good headwind. It helps keep the landing speed down. This plane will weigh twice as muck as a stock Enforcer and 3 lbs. heavier than my DF Enforcer. My initial speed brake was 1 3/4 X 6" recessed into the bottom. Since that wasn't large enough I later added a 2 X 10" piece of aluminum that bolts to the original brake and lays flush against the bottom.

Joe