RCU Forums - View Single Post - RCPBA, Classes for RTR Racers!
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 12:57 PM
cmiller73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCPBA, Classes for RTR Racers!

I'm a new guy to the hobby.
I see plenty of members in IMPBA and NAMBA. On any given race weekend for either association there must be plenty of racers right? My question is this, are the members that are racing at the meet, willing to allow more classes to run (if the amount of RTR boats warrants this), thus cutting their running time down for "Pro Boat garbage" or any RTR for that matter? BTW, I have 3 pieces of garbage and plan on added a few more soon. From the replies above, I see one person that would be very upset and there are most likely more. These people will not go to any meets that offer RTR classes; IMPBA will lose out on the members.
I see the RCPBA as a starting Association for IMPBA and NAMBA. Members of the RCPBA will have the opportunity to race against members of very close skill and almost identical boat design. Even if the are “inexpensive ready to run Nitro boats”, as stated by NAMBA Rep.

I don't see why there is so much finger pointing at a certain someone and making claims that these rules classes were written by them. Fact be known, they were discussed by 4 members and written by ME as they were discussed, then posted on "can't say" for other RTR owners to discuss. I ffel that with what is written so far, we have covered basically every configuration of the RTRs that are mentioned. Leaving nothing to guess.
Yes there are some Electric and Airboat RTRs that were left out. We are in the process of finding Reps to add these classes and requirements. As far as some of the RTRs mentioned that are nitro, I'm sure with a little investigating into what hardware is in these, you will see that they will be able to fit into a class.

Why is it so bad to have another association? Specifically one designed specifically for RTRs.
We have no designated club pond, no club here for that matter. I am going to build a club from the ground up. This club will include boats of all shapes and sizes. I want to hold RCPBA races separately from IMPBA, that way there is no confusion as to what classes are available. When a RCPBA event is scheduled there will only be RTRs, when a IMPBA event is scheduled all the rest of the boats are allowed.

That’s enough from me. Go race.