RCU Forums - View Single Post - JETT engines?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 07:55 PM
alpinestar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JETT engines?

I was really wanting to talk myself into wanting a Jett-90 for a Great Planes F4 Phantom propjet; I liked the idea of a hand-made jewel of an engine. Then I contemplated the cost, the long lead time, and no other options than a red carb and muffler (sorry to be picky, but a natural aluminum muffler & carb would look much better against the blue angels scheme)....
I really tried to talk myself into it, but bought an OS 91FX for way less money & it's a great engine for my simple sport purposes.
To me, part of the allure of a Jett is the exclusiveness, sorta like having a mercedes when a chevy will get you to the same place in the same time. More power to ya Dub, but in my case the leadtime was enough to calm down my impulse to buy. The OS has been great & I've really never looked back & have a few more bucks in the pocket. Not bashing Dub in the least, I'm sure I'll have one at some point when it's right there in front of me & impulse can take hold. I wonder what I'll just HAVE to put it in.....

If you're a racer, then you probably need this caliber of an engine!!
for people like me, it's certainly cool & I'm sure it's a great engine, but really not necessary. Like grocery shopping in a Ferrari.