RCU Forums - View Single Post - Black Magic VF3 E build thread!
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 05:01 PM
MHester
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Black Magic VF3 E build thread!

The AXI 5330 F3A is pretty hard to beat, in fact this plane was designed around it. There may be some better/cheaper options on the horizon, but only time and testing will tell.

As for packs, the Vampower pro 5s4500s are the best I have seen yet as far as weight vs power vs reliability. If you need the utmost power (FAI) the 5000s are even better, but you had better pay attention to the weight on this plane. It was designed to accept the heavist set up available, and that includes the 5000mah 5s packs, but if you get lazy or complacent you COULD be close on weight.

For intermediate the 3700 5s packs would work just fine...then you have the best of both worlds, power out the wazoo AND low weight! my guess is with this set up...this plane would be around the 10-10.25 mark easily. I could break under 10, but I admit it would be a lot of work for those last 4 ounces.

I like the Vampowers so much I'm going to run them in my own electric VF3!

An no, I am NOT "going electric". There is no substitute for a YS DZ in my book....But I want one to play with for sure, and there's only one way to get it...just build it! because I do intend to fly it in competition some next year IF I can get used to it.

-Mike