RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 B-25 ARF: Building and Modifications
Old 10-28-2007, 09:38 PM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 B-25 ARF: Building and Modifications

reincarnate,
YES, I would like to be able to drop 4 bombs, as the Doolittle Raiders did. However, it looks like it will be difficult to drop 4, may have to settle for 2 (lack of room under the wing).

NCIS,
I work 7 days a week, and many of them 12+ hour days. It still take less time for me to modify an ARF than it does to build from a kit. I work all these hours in hopes that I can retire in 2 years, THEN I will start building more kits. ALSO: it is easier to spot scale indescepencies in an already completed model than in a box full of un-assembled parts.

mobyal,
having lost my H9 Hellcat due to some *SSHOLE turning on his Tx while I was flying, I will not trust this plane to72 MHz. I intend to use 2.4 GHz with this warbird, as well as all my others. As for the .46 choice: I agree, the video of the .36s climbout did not seem all that impressive to me. This from someone who typically (by most people's standards) likes to under-power his warbirds.

BTW: I have ordered retracts and RoboStruts from Tower and the total cost will be about $265 (without air kit). Details tomorrow.

Also: I have been in contact with Bill Fulmer (RC Report), and he will be providing the grafix (Doolittle Raiders markings) at a VERY reasonable cost. If you would like some custom graphics from Bill, here is his web-site:
http://www.customcutgrafix.com/