RCU Forums - View Single Post - Barbera & Nemesis 40 size
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 11:38 PM
old bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Barbera & Nemesis 40 size

I have just had the pleasure of flying the World Models Nemesis 52 on her first 4 flights. I put this plane together with a Magnum .52 4-stroke, the plane balanced right on the recommended CG without any additional lead weight. The maiden flight was done with a Master Airscrew 12-6 prop, the plane flew but was pretty sluggish. The first take-off and landing were without incident, we had more rudder control then we needed to keep her straight. I changed props to a APC 11-8 and retuned the mixture, the plane really came alive on the second flight. Speed went up and the controls felt a lot firmer, large loops were possible, rolls were pretty axial and inverted flight required little elevator input. I estimate the speed as equal to the WM T-34 which we race in our club. Not a real barn-burner but still fast enough for fun. We may try a different engine for more speed, but I do not want to add any weight because the plane really flies nice and true when built as recommended. A few of us in our club are looking at possibilities of a new racing class, these Formula 1 type planes have some of us interested. If not, it is still a very nice flying sport-scale airplane, IMHO. The weather is closing in now here in Reno, I'm glad we got the first test flights in but no telling when we'll be out to the field again. Merry Christmas to all.

Best regards from old bird.