RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hanger-9 Corsair ARF Mods for more Scale/ Accurate Appearance
Old 02-13-2008, 11:48 AM
Garthwood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hanger-9 Corsair ARF Mods for more Scale/ Accurate Appearance

ORIGINAL: CorsairJock

With the new rails still bolted to the retracts and AFTER trial fitting, I applied a small amount of epoxy into the retract bay corners, and set in the retracts.

When the epoxy was fully cured (next day), I un-bolted the retracts and removed them, then added CA to the rail joints, and later added epoxy/ micro-balloon filler to establish a good bond between the new rails and existing woodwork.

Anyone else who has installed an alternate set of retracts in their Hanger 9 Corsair is encouraged to add to this thread, with details and pictures of your own experience.

First picture shows a completed bay, second shows a retract installed, gear extended, third shows gear retracted.
CorsairJock....................Came across these pictures, really nice job on your mods. I'm installing The Sierra 95 degs. retracts before I go any further, I noticed in your pictures or it looks like........one of the retracts mountig rail (outboard) is lower than than the (inboard) rail. How much lower are they ?. I have done the same thing, dremeled out (not completely) the old retracts rails.
Thanks

Charles.