RCU Forums - View Single Post - Honeybee King v2 tuner shop
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 02:55 PM
gpach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I am running an AR6100E on it. I went and had a look at it before flying it again and noticed that the hoop type linkarms that go around the blade grips were actually rubbing on the blade grips. Not sure if its a concern. The blade grips are very free, not binding. This was one of the first things I checked. From new the blade grips were extremely loose and the heli had a very "spongy" feel to aileron or elevator inputs. Tightening up the grips helped this.

After recharging my battery I took the king into the back yard and managed to have it try to attack me/deck railing. I now will be waiting till my ALUBLING kit comes and replace everything with AL. The tough as nails feathering shaft isnt "tough as my deck railing"!.

Took it back to the hanger and looked through my spares and the part I broke is not one I bought.

While looking through the spares I noticed that in the Esky spare blade grip package there is a couple of brass sleeves/spacers. Checked the manual and they dont show on the exploded diagram. Pulled my blade grips off and there were non installed on the heli orginally. They appear to fit perfectly on the feathering shaft and could be used to space the blade grips out about 1-2mm on each side. Has anyone noticed them or know what they are meant for. When I installed the extreme blades and tightened the feathering shaft, the roots of the blades would jam on the tips of the feathering shafts.

Great weather for spring flying