RCU Forums - View Single Post - H9/Carden Yak 54
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 09:50 PM
MikeAndersonCA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: H9/Carden Yak 54

ORIGINAL: DLEVETT I see you,ve already done your homework on getting your 58GX going
I also calculated that the Evolution 38mm standoffs will position the prop at the same location as the DA50 recommended in the manual. I did this by examining manufacturer's drawings, so I've taken a bit of a chance that I'm wrong, but I'm probably safe.

FYI: Other stuff I have on hand now ready for installation:

Prop/ Spinner: Evolution 24x10 prop to start with. (Wondering how big a prop I could fit and still have ground clearance) No spinner to start with.

Servos: Hitec 5955TG for all flight surfaces & 5625 for throttle & 5425 for choke. Bought a Hitec servo programmer too.

Rx: Hitec Fusion 9 on a Smart Fly Power System Sport Plus w/ optical ignition cut-off, powered by 2 Flight Power 2S 2100mAh LiPo, switched by SmartFly pin & flag switch.

Wing Bags: Still shopping. Probably smartest to wait for the plane to arrive.

Planned mods: I plan to make a fibreglass Yak-like front louvre plate with a shaped air passage around the engine cylinder to maximise cooling. It's a bit disappointing the H9 doesn't seem to have this. But then it's just barely "scale-like" isn't it? (Louvre-less cowl?)