RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redesign and reconstruction of the Oldest Taurus on Earth
Old 09-14-2008, 10:52 AM
Taurus Flyer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Redesign and reconstruction of the Oldest Taurus on Earth

Gents

Construction drawings with feasibility study of the CG.

The construction drawings are nearly complete, so it is possible to make a first calculation and see if the normal position of a CG is possible without any balast.
From every piece of material I did calculate the weight and measured the distance to the CG.

To keep the calculations simple we can assume the cg is not influenced by the wings.
De weight of the main gear on the wings behind the CG, makes the wings neutral, I did check this with my own wings of the (TF) Taurus

Calculation of the sum of weight *distance (torque?) of every part of the tail section has to be the same value as the sum of torques of the nose components.
The sheet calculates the ballast that had to add in the nose (positive), or in the tail (negative) to get a CG on the right position.

First impression is, it is possible with light building techniques of the tail to get the CG on the right position. The yellow values I already manipulated to get this right CG. This will be a continuing process during the building of the prototype.
All the parts that are not in the calculation listed are located around the CG so neutral.
Calculation is with empty tank.

After the fuselage is completed, the new set of wings also will be calculated to reduce also the weight of the wings. I thinks it’s possible to reduce the weight of the spars and ribs, so the new wing get “spare ribs on the spars”!

Cees
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31264.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	1033098   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yu63510.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	1033099   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot47336.jpg
Views:	318