RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hellfire engine in Savage
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 07:11 PM
Airmicro
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hellfire engine in Savage

Well I do know its NOT the same engine as the Savage SS 4.6. Yeah close, but they have a few differences, and engine specs being one of those! Yeah I got the engine from a Hellfire that had a bad pipe from the factory, so when the guy fired it up, it wouldn't power up, or move the truck to start the break-in.

Well the guy bought my brand new XTM 24.7 for the Hellfire, but I told him to check a few things first, but no, he had to do the engine swap. Well needless to say, the 24.7 did the exact same thing! We put my ofna pipe on it and it did great! Badd pipe fromfactory is all it was. Well that left me with the new, started once, Hellfire 4.6 engine.

I then ended up with the whole Hellfire about a month later, so I installed the new, original 4.6 engine and broke it in. Ran great! Well the original owner, now wanted the Hellfire back so he could install this new, LRP truggy engine he just got, so I sold the Hellfire back to him, and he sold me the original, only 10 tanks thru it, Hellfire engine for, get this, $50.00!!

I thought, I don't have anything to put this engine in right now, but I ain't gonna pass it up with only 10 tanks thru it for $50.00. Well this week I ordered a New Savage X because my whse had them on sale! I'm thinking, hey I got this basically new 4.6ho, might as well throw it in the Savvy! I haven't ever used any engine other than a 4.1 or 4.6 in a Savvy, so I thought it might be a good idea!