RCU Forums - View Single Post - The PTS mustang is NOT a good trainer
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 09:16 AM
smooreace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The PTS mustang is NOT a good trainer

Its amazing how so many "Old Timers" are so stuck in their ways that they think that posts like this are in some way going to show their actually intelligent people. When in reality its just the opposite. Ive seen nothing but success from the P51 Pts. I learned on it, and yes, that "Sexy Look" is what sold me on it. I didn't have a simulator, and didn't have an instructor. I didn't even have a field to fly off of. So I took off from my gravel driveway. Being new, and instructorless I crashed a few time on takeoff.. ailerons inverted... stupid mistake, but she survived every flight less the prop. Im sure plenty of you die hard tri-gear junkies have seen a prop or two eat the dirt, so thus far were pretty even. I didn't start with the RTF version because I was looking to the future of the hobby and where I wanted to be, so I with a spektrum radio and OS power plant. All from the new guy that didnt have an instructor. Within 10 successful flights I was flying without training gear and very successful I think. The Mustang lands like a dream, be it a little faster than a high wing, but with speed come a bit more stability. Ive now been flying since it was released, and fly it hard enough to have a wing fold doing a half-cuban.

Everyone has a preference, and were all entitled to that. But making ignorant statements like PTS line not being good trainers is nothing but that. And it show us all who shouldn't be an instructor, who we shouldn't look for a t the field for advice.