RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lado retracts, do the really exist?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 08:17 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Lado retracts, do the really exist?

ORIGINAL: Michael211

Good info ya'll! Many thanks!!! [8D]

I'm looking at the Lado's for a H9 Mustang BARF, 60 sized (with an RCV 90SP engine).

- Michael
just finished fitting my LADO's to my Hangar-9 Mustang, I did go with the larger struts so I could use the 3 1/2"Robart tires there better looking than the stock ones so I went for those.
after removing the old mech. gear and the plastic wheel wells I was surprised how much area there was in the wing, after I dropped the LADO's in literally they fit perfectly in the space in the wing, I fit and cut the struts to size, since I was using the larger struts, I had to cut the springs down to move the spring stop down enough to allow the connector to fit in the shorter tube.

I just used JB Weld to secure the adaptor in the tube and after a overnight dry reassembled the struts they don't move the full distance but the spring tension is enough so it doesnt matter, if I need more bounce I will cut the piston down for more travel, and trim another coil or 2 off the springs, but for now there fine the way they are.

I havent made the new tubs, and channels, for the wheels yet but here they are installed in the wing,they fit pretty good, and the looks are a huge improvement over the wires, the only problem is that the wheels sit just a little high in the stock configuration.

I am not planning to alter the gear mounts right now but I may in the future to get the wheels to sit lower in the wells its going to require the gear to be lowered by at least 1/8" which there is room for in the wing mount area but will require me to remove the existing rails and do some cutting, if I need to do this I will use some hardwood to replace them they dont stick out that much so I will just fly it for now.

I have a Top Flight B/C Malcom hood conversion kit to build, so these gear might make it into that project depending on how long the H-9 lastsits a great flyer and has been a trouble free plane, if the weather holds I will take it out next weekend
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82493.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	1132533   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31400.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	1132534   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24547.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	41.3 KB