RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electric Retracts - Modifying existing Air/Servo-operated Retracts
Old 11-26-2009, 11:59 PM
TOMAPOWA
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electric Retracts - Modifying existing Air/Servo-operated Retracts

Hey thanks Randy....
Great idea with the actuators for gear doors and such... I had in fact thought of that and if possible, these functions (staggering of doors and gear retracts) could be built into the control board w/ user-adjustable settings. I'm pretty well versed on the electronics side of things... it's really the mechanical side I dabble in. I hope to worlk some of the electronics this coming week when parts come in... as for the actuator assembly, I'm still pondering a few ideas. I can't beleive there are no CNC ppl out there who are willing to help!

Don't force me to purchase a milling machine now... !

ORIGINAL: warks62

ORIGINAL: TOMAPOWA

Sure Larry... I'll certainly keep that in mind for the DIY'ers.
After I get some electronics working... I'll try to post some vids and some specs, etc...
Like you said, the electronics are quite an important part of these... it could make or break the idea actually...
I am sure that there are many that can do this for you Tomopowa and I really like the idea of current sensing. Here is a company that looks like to me that might be able to design what is needed. Tomapowa great work and great ideas. Here is one more idea for you that Doug never did. If you have electric retracts then electric cylinders need to be made for gear doors and such so that the entire system could be electric instead of a mix between the two. Also this is just a guess but I don't think that Doug has the financial backing that is needed for his company and that is why he is having such a hard time. That is a bit off topic but what I was getting at is help from a well known company is not a bad idea. Anyway here is the link.

Looks like while I was typing you figured it out and had a post great work....

http://www.thomson-automation.com/