RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Whiplash pics!
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2003, 01:39 AM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuffed and buffed!

Well got all the goodies in it. Heavy T-Storms this evening so no test flight or outdoor pics.

I mentioned the aileron mods..what I forgot to mention was they are also 1 1/4" shorter each, moving the outboard tips in a little more to try to get out of the tip turbulence.

This one is toting a 1600Mah NiMh instead of the 1000Mah, trying for a little battery life and for balance. The ailerons as it came were a little easier to move, they are very free now so the 1000Mah might have been OK, but as I feared this one was not as tailheavy as the first one so I needed to larger battery to balance.

Talk about tight..with a 1600Mah battery, full-size 8Ch RX, Thro & Mixture servos, and 2oz tank in the radio compartment, there isn't any free space. None.

I'll start out with the 9X8 since I know how it flys, then go to the 9X9 after I get it trimmed. I'm taking a differently timed engine with me to the field and might give it a try to see how it handles the 9X9 as well. 4 nuts and an allen screw and the engine pops out, leaving the pipe and carb on the plane. I can change engines as fast as most guys can change props.