RCU Forums - View Single Post - What did you start with ?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 01:48 PM
evlwevl
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What did you start with ?

My very first plane was a Hobbico Cub about 10 years ago. This looks like the foam one I see now running 2.4, but mine was just an AM version. I had no other experience ever with rc planes. I followed all the instructions and found a nice big open field. Threw it hard into the wind with full power and it flew about 15 feet and started to bank hard. I couldn't save it, no real damage. I chucked it out a second tim and it went out about 20 feet and banked the other way and drove itself into the ground, My last shot was fatal. I threw it into the wind one last time and it flew straight for about 30 feet but never really got up on its own, it basically fell like it was tail heavy and broke into 3 pieces. I was devastated. It was so underpowered and not having the skills to save it, I sent it back to Hobbico. They were nice enough to send me a vectored plane that enjoyed for the next 3 months till I folded the wing. This is what started my addiction. Now my flying has almost come full circle. Ive flown everything from pattern planes, to large gliders, crunchy electrics, composite slopers, foamys and 3d profiles. My newest favorite plane is a small Wattage Cessna 195. I love the look of scale flying, but wish I had the skills to save that first cessna that would be hanging in my garage along with all my other planes.