Community
Search
Notices
Academy Racing (MRC) Support Forum Discuss all of the Academy Racing (MRC) product line in this forum.

Super Brain 960 Red Light

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 05:44 PM
RZAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Brain 960 Red Light

I just bought a 960 last week and is working great so far. I was wondering what is the red LED light next to the start button on my 960 for? Sometimes it comes on at the start of charging, sometimes it flickers and sometimes it does come on at all. I dont remember seeing anything about it in the instruction manual.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:19 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Super Brain 960 Right Light

From pg 2 in the manual:

4.The first 30~60 seconds is the battery diagnostic period. LCD will display “test” and
the red light will flash during this period. The unit will not accept new commands during
this diagnostic period.
5.LCD will display “Charge” and the red light will remain on during fast charge. The
battery status and voltage are displayed.
6.The charge rate, time and voltage can be viewed by pressing the “Display” button.
NOTE: If the delta peak voltage threshold has not been set manually, ignore the display
for the delta peak voltage threshold. The value displayed is irrelevant.
7.Charging can be stopped at any time during the charge cycle by pressing the “Start”
button.
8.When the fast charge cycle is complete, the unit will beep three times and automatically
begin a 50-minute 0.1 Amp trickle charge cycle. During the trickle charge cycle “Charge”
and the red light will blink (with very short on time and long off time). After the trickle
cycle, the charger will automatically go into sleep mode.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:38 AM
RZAR

Default RE: Super Brain 960 Right Light

That would mean something is wrong with my charger. Back to the store it goes.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:17 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Super Brain 960 Red Light

I'd sure like to know what controls the light. I don't pay any attention to the light unfortunately.