Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Flycamone 2 issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 10:08 PM
HEMI340

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flycamone 2 issue

Just purchased a flycamone 2 about 2 weeks ago.First I read the instructions,then charged it for 3 hours.Then I set it aside for a week.
Then I turned it on and nothing happens,like the battery is dead.I plugged it into the PC and I could not get the CH to appear.Only the letters PC appear in the window.
Anybody have any clues as to the problem ? I left it plugged in the PC for 2 hours anyway and still nothing.
Thanks for reading.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:50 AM
lejongleur
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Flycamone 2 issue

The letters 'PC' means it's connected to the PC. If you leave it like that for a few hours it will charge up. There is also a new firmware update - you should make sure you get that and install it, if it didn't come with the latest version.

I have experimented with mine a bit (not on a plane yet), and I must say, the audio is horrible, as if there is always some kind of background noise. Other than that, the video quality is not bad.

Hope this helps...Chris
Old 01-18-2009, 08:18 AM
jaav

the mic is very sensitive to wind I have put a foam wind sock over the mic, it does help.

Im on my 2nd cam..The 1st one the battery failed after 6weeks,then I ran it externaly off the plug on the base. I used a servo lead for the plug. Note the the wires are the correct color! The plug is real tight.

Any way ive flying with that set up untill I connected the cam to its base the wrong way with the power on...It wont lock in put the contacts make, Fried the cam.

As my battery was failing I was powering through the base then switch it to CH then let it charge.
It wont charge through the base....

I used my new one today on a maiden flight.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=_dGD8ui75R8
Old 02-04-2009, 10:00 PM
mga

Does anyone know how to open the camera up to change the batteries. Mny batteries are dead.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:58 AM
jaav

If I remember correctly start with the top RH cover use a small (Jewller) flat blade driver in the middle, the cover just clips up, then the rest will open up.
Go slowly and before lifting the cover up take note on the batter lead placment...I had a lot of trouble with this....The battery lead are the only red and black wires.

I have taken photos of the clips will give a link.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/gallery/ga...emberID=435507

save it to windows pics open it the scroll to enlarge it to the size of the cam and you now have the exact postition of the clips....

The clips lock on to the top cover so press the clips in the middle section of cam.

Clips are marked white..

I wish I knew this before i broke the clips....
Old 02-05-2009, 08:54 PM
mga

Thanks, it came off perfect. Now the battery what is holding it down. some sort of glue or is there a clip?
Thanks Where did you get the replacement battery.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:21 AM
jaav

It was ab it of thin double sided tape.
The battery I bought from a hobbie shop in Australia. havent used it yet as I had to buy a new camera..

have you a lipo charger, try using it to charge battery is 220ma 3.4volt.

now with my new camera, it wouldnt charge, what I ended up doing is turn it on and and bring up the battery state eg 33,66 or 99 through the menu then plug it into the PC and then yurn the cam off, then the CH will flash untill it full.. after a while it will go back to WC web cam..
Old 02-26-2009, 08:19 PM
IAMKAOS

just bought of these flycams one 2. how do you bring up the 99,66,33 battery rate% on the menu? is this supposed to display while charging?. the camera seems to be warm while plugged into my usb port on my pc but there is no percent display. do not know if its charging?....when i unplugged it after 3 hours the CH(charge) display appears. i'm getting a bbaaaad feeling about this thing.....after some reviews i've read
Old 02-27-2009, 04:15 AM
jaav

The # will only display if unpluged from PC and then go through the menu.

Ive had it display 99 then only record for a few mins....so do a test run, set the camera up to record and leave it, I usualy stop after 45min then recharge.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:52 PM
IAMKAOS

yes, thanks. i found the #99 in the menu. does that mean its fully charged?. i'm going to try what you suggested. i've made a few short vidoes. now i'll let run record for a about 40 minutes and see what happens and see if will needs recharged
Old 02-27-2009, 06:37 PM
jaav

Well its ment to but not all the time try recording then recharge,
Old 03-01-2009, 09:07 AM
jaav

Battery failed again new. now fitted external supply with regulator now i have the whole flights...
Old 03-04-2009, 09:17 AM
jaav

This is the cam on the Spad Stik powered by a base supply filming in the rain....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-DaTDuyDQk
Old 04-10-2009, 02:53 AM
itisaniceday
Banned

just bought of these flycams one 2. how do you bring up the 99,66,33 battery rate% on the menu? is this supposed to display while charging?.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:48 PM
greggK

Just got mine and all it shows is PC when plugged into a Mac or PC. I have tried to install the SD card and it will not stay in the slot, it doesn't "lock" in like on most point and shoot cameras. It is sticking out about 1/4" Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:47 PM
jaav

With the SD card you have to push it so the card is actualy in the case about 2mm, if it wont lock is it in the right way, try inverting it, contacts inside camera.

To get the % reading its the last or 2nd last item on the menu CH will flash at the start of charging....They do get warm un plug it when it gets warm...Do a record untill it goes flat. let it cool then recharge, do it a few times and the battery should come up..

I just use it on the plane powered with the TX battery..
Old 04-12-2009, 05:09 PM
greggK

OK now that I have the battery charged...nothing come up on my PC or Mac Im starting to see what so many have said about this cam. How do i get the cameras menu up so "IF" i actually record something, i can view it?

Thanks
Old 04-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Redwings

I used my Flycam today and it quit working in the air after about a minute and a half. I find it hard to use and unreliable. I did see a camea at the toledo show that was sold by ModelAero. This camea seemed to be simple to use. Two button operation. The unit came with a memory card and cable.

http://modelaero.com/Merchant5/merch...egory_Code=ACC

It may be my next one if I continue to have problems.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:23 PM
jaav

Are you guys reading the manual as I find no problems using the cam bar the battery.

the link camera is also now called flycam 2 in Aust. the problem is the mount, there is none..

To get the PC to find it, in menu keep pressing untill you get PC them plug in to usb....Afer the PC found it, it will usualy go to PC when ever you plug it in...

As of the quiting while recording, the card is the wrong type, battery problem. try a bench record 1st it its only doing it while flying check that the card is not loose in the cradle..Ive put tape around mine as sone hard crashes pops it out..
Old 04-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Redwings

My card that I am using is a Polaroid SD 2 gb card and it works fine in other devices. I do download the way you discribe and have had no problem with that portion of the camera it is just not that user friendly and it quits in the air. And yes mine came with a mount and I did not use it.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:23 PM
jaav

does it record ok on the bench without shutting down?
Old 04-13-2009, 09:43 PM
TruBlu02

I have mine for awhile now and no problems with it. It is not the best Camera in the world but it seems to work okay for me. I fon't use it for anything other than to shoot a few videos now and then from my trainer. It shoots the best video when it is bright and sunny.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:03 PM
greggK

In fairness I charged mine again-velcroed to my foamy-pluged in my Mac and it worked! Pretty cool.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:24 AM
greggK

OK... I got one video out of it! Pretty cool. So now I go try it again. I did the initial video in VR mode now this 2nd one I do in VE mode thinking it will overwrite the 1st video since i don't need it anymore...

I down load the video on the Mac and its got only the original one on there or I can't find the new.

Is the VE the correct mode or did I do something wrong? I did see the dashed lines moving about before take-off. Should I just PR (delete) and use the VR mode?

Thanks.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:05 AM
jaav

VE is endless recording. It should have been on the disk, are you sure it was recording? did it indicate that it was recording?

Ive never used that function but can drag mine out and give it a try...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.