Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aeroworks Vendor Forum
Reload this Page >

Aerowroks 20cc trainer

Community
Search
Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

Aerowroks 20cc trainer

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 06:44 AM
RC4X4
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Planejaw
DLE-20 under the bonnet, Align 610 servos on all flight surfaces, JR DS-821 servo on throttle. Smart-Fly Power System Sport-Plus w/fail-safe pin switch, two 3200 mah 2-cell LiFe batteries to the receiver and one 3200 mah LiFe on ignition. The new ignition modules on the DLE-20 engines do not require a voltage regulator. Batteries located next to the throttle servo, Smart-fly raised off the cabin floor between the batteries and rudder servo. Roto-Flow 14 oz. tank. 9-channel Spektrum receiver. Flapperons set up. Cargo pod and larger tires (Hangar 9, 4.25") installed. Tru-Turn 3" spinner. 17X6 Xoar prop. Zero fuel weight 14 pounds, 10 oz. Balance = perfect, required no adjustment.

Looks good! I'm really surprised on the weight? If it were me I would go smaller on the batteries.
I use a 2 cell 1900mah on my 50-100cc planes on the ignitions. I also use two of those on my 50cc plane.
You could use two 1300's or 1600mah packs to lighten up the weight.
Just my opinion.

Cory
Old 01-31-2014, 04:14 AM
Planejaw
My Feedback: (53)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cory,

The smaller LiFe batteries I have, 2100 mah, would not balance the airplane if used where the batteries are. The three 3200 mah packs are a little overkill, but at least no "useless" extra weight is needed. With digital, corless servos, having larger capacity batteries gives plenty of assurance there is enough power to fly a number of flights. I'm not an aerobatic flyer. I have the DLE-20 in a 16 pound H-9 Cub, and that provides plenty of power.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:00 AM
RC4X4
My Feedback: (6)

Originally Posted by Planejaw
Cory,

The smaller LiFe batteries I have, 2100 mah, would not balance the airplane if used where the batteries are. The three 3200 mah packs are a little overkill, but at least no "useless" extra weight is needed. With digital, corless servos, having larger capacity batteries gives plenty of assurance there is enough power to fly a number of flights. I'm not an aerobatic flyer. I have the DLE-20 in a 16 pound H-9 Cub, and that provides plenty of power.

I want to hear how it flies when you maiden it. I know Aeroworks has the DLE20 in their's, candy drop, and I'm sure they
are using the Fromeco packs for power. Their plane felt light when I picked it up. I'm sure they are using two
2 cell 2600mah Fromeco packs. Let us all know how the maiden goes.

Cory
Old 02-13-2014, 02:59 AM
dohccobra

i definitely see one of these in my future. been out of the hobby for 16+ years. sounds like a great 1st and 2nd plane. hurry up income tax return!!
Old 02-19-2014, 06:40 PM
dohccobra

just ordered one..now on back order till april
Old 02-19-2014, 06:52 PM
shorte

just sold mine NIB for 275 decided not to build it.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:45 PM
dohccobra

man, wish i hadnt missed that. back order got pushed back even farther. amr-rc has them in stock in canada but shipping to US in insane. might look at other alternatives. Pilot-RC has a gas trainer that looks pretty good as well...
Old 03-05-2014, 09:30 PM
gearup

How about more 20cc ARF' s? You can call them .90's or even 120's but lets have a few more 9-10 lb gas friendly airframes, please. New DLE 20 waiting. Would hate to have to remove a 4c 120 to use the DLE.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:46 AM
Planejaw

I maidened my GT-20 last week. DLE-20 provides plenty of power and very miserly on the fuel consumption. Was able to drop tennis balls and parachuter from the bomb-drop bay. Programmed in flapperons, which does a very nice job of reducing the takeoff roll and bringing her in on a shorter runway. Sure wish Aeroworks would have built this airplane with flaps. A conventional-gear version would make this airplane almost perfect.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:12 PM
Aero-Works

Hello Planejaw,

Congratulations on your maiden flight. I am looking into the possibility of adding flaps and conventional gear for future productions.

Thank you
Rocco
Aeroworks
303-371-4222
Old 06-04-2014, 12:38 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Everyone that see's ours comments about flaps. I really think its worth pursuing Rocco.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:48 PM
Aero-Works

I agree and will look into it.

Thanks for the comments

Rocco
Old 06-09-2014, 02:42 AM
Planejaw

Rocco, if the "flap" wing version is produced, please be sure to make it a "retro-fit" for those of us who have the original version. Hopefully, we will be able to buy a set of the "new" wings with flaps and they will fit right on our existing GT's.

Thanks.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:17 AM
Aero-Works

Great idea I will look into it!

Thanks
Rocco
Old 07-08-2014, 06:33 AM
BarracudaHockey

Here's something different....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmHsPD_gmD0
Old 07-08-2014, 12:31 PM
shorte

They need to make a flap version and raise the turtle deck up on the back above the stabilizer so you don't need corner peaces and it would be stronger and slicker looking clean line all the way back to the rudder that is why i sold mine it could be easy fix at production line but they will not listen. Oh and get rid of the clear windows just make them black covering so no more pulling away from the covering when heated.if they made these changes I would buy another one.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:30 PM
Aero-Works

I am always glad to hear from pilots building and flying our planes. I am looking into the possibility of making a version with flaps and a possible tail dragger version. We manufacture several hundred planes at one time so what seems to be simple changes sometimes can take some time.

I believe the side windows add to the overall look of the plane and it is actually more expensive to manufacturer it that way. But everyone does have their likes and dislikes but to remove the windows and cover it with black covering is not quite the look I was going for when designing the plane. Also, the front windshield is clear and to have the side windows covered in black and the front windshield clear I don’t believe would have a very good look.

To modify the rear of the fuse to fit the vertical fin is a great idea. We do include with the plane pre-shaped and pre-covered Tri-Stock to fit between the fuse and tail parts to give the plane a finished look.

Thanks for the input and if you have more ideas on how to improve the GT Trainer please let me know. I am always open to ideas and suggestions.

Thank you,
Rocco
Aeroworks
Old 10-09-2014, 10:18 PM
Larry AK cUB

Default re stock?

Originally Posted by Aero-Works
I am always glad to hear from pilots building and flying our planes. I am looking into the possibility of making a version with flaps and a possible tail dragger version. We manufacture several hundred planes at one time so what seems to be simple changes sometimes can take some time.

I believe the side windows add to the overall look of the plane and it is actually more expensive to manufacturer it that way. But everyone does have their likes and dislikes but to remove the windows and cover it with black covering is not quite the look I was going for when designing the plane. Also, the front windshield is clear and to have the side windows covered in black and the front windshield clear I don’t believe would have a very good look.

To modify the rear of the fuse to fit the vertical fin is a great idea. We do include with the plane pre-shaped and pre-covered Tri-Stock to fit between the fuse and tail parts to give the plane a finished look.

Thanks for the input and if you have more ideas on how to improve the GT Trainer please let me know. I am always open to ideas and suggestions.

Thank you,
Rocco
Aeroworks
Rocco when do you think the GT will be back in stock?.cant fine one for sale..Flaps would be nice since we lost our big runway up here our 2 other sites are much smaller and ruffer..thanks..Larry ..Eagle River AK.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:01 AM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

Originally Posted by Larry AK cUB
Rocco when do you think the GT will be back in stock?.cant fine one for sale..Flaps would be nice since we lost our big runway up here our 2 other sites are much smaller and ruffer..thanks..Larry ..Eagle River AK.

The latest I heard is November for the next container.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:18 AM
Aero-Works

Hello Larry,

ETA for the next container of GT Trainers is Nov-Dec.

They are very popular so if you haven’t yet contact Jeff [email protected] in our sales department to pre-order one. It doesn’t require a deposit just gets you on the list.

Thanks
Rocco
AeroWorks
Old 10-10-2014, 12:22 PM
Larry AK cUB

Originally Posted by Aero-Works
Hello Larry,

ETA for the next container of GT Trainers is Nov-Dec.

They are very popular so if you haven’t yet contact Jeff [email protected] in our sales department to pre-order one. It doesn’t require a deposit just gets you on the list.

Thanks
Rocco
AeroWorks
Thanks Rocco I just sent Jeff a email.....Say Roberts PR big tires for the 50% cubs are looking real nice..I go up there and visit with Him now and then..I fly the 8.75 inch on 2 of my cubs and like them a lot helps in our ruff runways up here.and are super good in the snow and ruffed up snow ...thanks again
Old 10-13-2014, 08:18 AM
Aero-Works

Hello Larry,

Great news…..

Yes, the PR big tires are great I would love to visit him some day!

Thanks Again
Rocco
AeroWorks
Old 03-21-2015, 06:44 PM
Larry AK cUB

Planejaw I just flew mine for the first time yesterday with a dle 20 crosswinds were high but took off and flew fine.I noticed the rollout was longer than what im used to.So I programed in flapperons my question is did you mix in any down elevater as well.....thanks...Larry
Old 03-22-2015, 04:41 AM
BarracudaHockey

With outboard ailerons I wouldn't be too quick to use flapperons on this plane.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:14 PM
mrdhud
My Feedback: (48)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rocco,
I just ordered your trainer today and found this thread shortly after. I was disappointed when I read the DLE 35RA wont work on this plane seeing how I have one just sitting on the shelf. Has any thing changed or does that still stand. Also can it be convert it to a tail dagger?
Thanks
Dan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.