Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aeroworks Vendor Forum
Reload this Page >

Container arrival

Community
Search
Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

Container arrival

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 10:17 PM
Mark Dennis
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Container arrival

Just to let everyone know we have a container set to arrive on Monday or Tuesday next week, Inside will be the new 75cc Yak, 50cc Yak now in blue and red, Carbon tubes for 50,75cc Yaks and 100cc 260's along with wing and stab bags for each size. Also all planes now come with SAE hardware, throw meters, and smoke tanks along with all plumbing needed to complete. Give us a call if you are interested in ordering any of these items.
Old 06-18-2006, 03:05 PM
meyer52
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Container arrival

mark are you going to offer the 100 cc 260 in the 50 cc red scheme I heard at xfc you might on the next batch just wondering and do you have any pics of the new scheme for the 50 cc yak
Old 06-18-2006, 03:44 PM
Mark Dennis

Yes the next batch of 100cc 260's will be in the red scheme and should be here around August. As for the new Yak scheme it will be the same as the 75cc Yak.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:29 PM
Rugar

ORIGINAL: Mark Dennis

Yes the next batch of 100cc 260's will be in the red scheme and should be here around August.
Will the yellow scheme still be available after you get in the red scheme, or will the yellow scheme be discontinued? I'm wanting to order a 260, but would like to see how the red ones look first. Any pictures of it?
Old 06-18-2006, 08:36 PM
shakes268

I have a friend who has ordered the 75cc Yak. You mention the CF tubes and wing/stab bags. Will these be included or are they optional/add-on type things?
Old 06-18-2006, 10:20 PM
sb13
My Feedback: (52)

Mark, You never once answered my questions when I made a post afew days ago. I canceled my 75cc Yak due to the poor customer service on RCU. I really liked talking to you and you seemed like a fair guy but I can't help but think you would'nt be there if needed if I had a problem with my Yak. I wonder what you would do if lets say....my hinges broke since they are cheap copies of the good ones and it caused my plane to crash? I bet you would'nt do more than to sell me one at cost if that would you?
Old 06-18-2006, 10:35 PM
Mark Dennis

The red 260's will look like the one pictured below. As for the Yellow ones the plan is to do both at the moment. As for the Bags/tubes these will be add-ons but will be very high Quality and will be priced for the budget minded modeler looking to save weight or to keep there wings/stabs in good condition.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96333.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	479633  
Old 06-18-2006, 10:57 PM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

Cool. Can't wait to see the 40% birds when they arrive later this year (fingers crossed).

Now how about those throw meters..........What's the cost for one of those for a person who bought one of the early 35% 260's?

Very satisfied with the QB ARF! Finally got a first place in IMAC.....
Old 06-18-2006, 11:02 PM
Mark Dennis

ORIGINAL: sweetpea01

Cool. Can't wait to see the 40% birds when they arrive later this year (fingers crossed).

Now how about those throw meters..........What's the cost for one of those for a person who bought one of the early 35% 260's?

Almost forgot about the throw meters I can't remeber the price off the top of my head but I will check.

Congrats on that win you get any pics of you with the plane? send it to me or Aero-Works with your setup and a pic of you the plane and the plaque we hopefully will have a customer page going soon and that would be perfect for it.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:02 AM
Rugar

Thanks Mark. They both look sweet, but I think I like the yellow better.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:03 AM
bodywerks

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

deleted.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:17 AM
Mark Dennis

Guys please keep this on topic.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:06 AM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

Sorry no pics at the contest.......it was super windy. We also got medals instead of plaques. I'll email some pics of the me and the plane (at my house though) with my current 10X setup.

Old 06-19-2006, 11:49 PM
micp
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: sb13

Mark, You never once answered my questions when I made a post afew days ago. I canceled my 75cc Yak due to the poor customer service on RCU. I really liked talking to you and you seemed like a fair guy but I can't help but think you would'nt be there if needed if I had a problem with my Yak. I wonder what you would do if lets say....my hinges broke since they are cheap copies of the good ones and it caused my plane to crash? I bet you would'nt do more than to sell me one at cost if that would you?

SB13, I think the premise of your question if unfair. If you have asked this hypothetical several times and haven't recieved a response it is likely because Mark sees no benifit in answering a question of this type particuarly when you have clearly made up your mind. I have read every post involving concerns with AeroWorks planes and have recently ordered an Extra 260. It is clear in my mind that in the cases that folks have had problems that they have not contributed too Aeroworks has taken care of them. I know that they have called their customers when problems were apparent. Only Aeroworks and their customers have the exact circumstances and their resolutions. In my 25 years of experience I have found most cases of failure were contributed by the builder/pilot. Cases in which the manufactuer was totally at fault is less than 1% in my experience. One of the flaws of the hobby haven gone to essentially all Arfs is that most folks don't have the building skills to assess the entire aircraft and areas that need to be addressed pre-flight like covering issues and hinges.

Tom
Old 06-20-2006, 06:14 AM
Randy Brown

We should all get one free

Specially me.. I still waiting for ALOT of money to come back with ups..

ORIGINAL: Mark Dennis

ORIGINAL: sweetpea01

Almost forgot about the throw meters I can't remeber the price off the top of my head but I will check.

Congrats on that win you get any pics of you with the plane? send it to me or Aero-Works with your setup and a pic of you the plane and the plaque we hopefully will have a customer page going soon and that would be perfect for it.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:54 AM
Rockyaged

I totally agree with MICP. I have a one plane dealing with Areoworks, and it was top notch all the way.
If you post a question here and get no response, then call them. Wait for a response here a few days,
as they don't need to be hounded by alot of phone calls. It would have been a far better thing to do than
to write a negative post here. The 260 QB has been flying enough that if there were problems with the
hinges or any other parts of the airframe, we'd have heard about it by now.

Gerald
Old 07-05-2006, 10:48 AM
castorbricoleur

Hi Mark,

Stupid question: What's the differance between yak 54 and yak 55. I've heard a lot of people talk about the 55 but all I see from you guys is 54's. Also any devellopement on the 90-1.20 yak?

Thanks for you help

Jean-Francois Levesque
Vice-President/Site Director
BrossAiR

please visit: www.brossair.com
Old 07-05-2006, 03:42 PM
bodywerks

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

55 is a single-seat Yak and, IMO is UGLY! It also has a slightly shorter nose, so keeping it scale would create CG issues. The only company that I know of that makes giant scale Yak 55's is composite-arf - gives you an idea of how fugly it is:
http://www.composite-arf.com/arf/ima...51-Yak2_61.JPG
Old 07-05-2006, 04:01 PM
castorbricoleur

Thanks ever so much for this info. I guess i will be a 54.

Thanks
Old 07-05-2006, 09:40 PM
Mark Dennis

We have not yet had the chance to start on the 90-120 Yak as of yet we hope to get going on it soon however.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:25 AM
castorbricoleur

Thanks Mark. I'll be waiting