Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

SD-10G Issue With TX Battery Voltage

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 06:31 PM
F.Imbriaco
My Feedback: (56)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SD-10G Issue With TX Battery Voltage

The LCD Display overview on my radio shows a fluctuating voltage read. Never happened in the past as far as I recall. Specifically, after a proper fresh charge, the LCD display reads 8.1v and a second later, reads 7.2 v and then it bounces up to 8.1v or 7.6v or 7.4v. After two -three flights, it dips lower which is to be expected, but fluctuates as before to levels I'm uncomfortable with.

Then I stop flying.

At first, I thought it was the original battery, so I changed it to a low time 6 cell 2000mAh Eneloop .

Same voltage irregularities.

The radio went back to Airtronics late last year for the recall/upgrade of the circuit board.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:58 PM
roylab
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SD-10G Issue With TX Battery Voltage

I had the same problem after RF upgrade. Removed pack & tested with a load on it & battery made a big drop. It had a bad cell. Replaced with a 2000mah Eneloop NMH & it's ROCK STEADY.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:15 AM
nute12
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SD-10G Issue With TX Battery Voltage

I have noticed this with mine also. anyone figure out the cause? I cycled the batt a few times and it seemed to be a little better. Think i am just going to go 2 cell lipo.