Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

Airtronics Trainner cord?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 02:35 PM
jayd3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics Trainner cord?

I was trying to hook a Airtronics Vangaurd 4 FM TX up to my phoenix sim but the DIN trainer cord I have fits Futaba 6FGK but Not the ATX looks the same but just woun't work ! anyone know the difference ?
I already know Futaba has a center 6th pin the ATX does not and I drilled the void ATX receptical for that but still no cheese.

Thanks
Jayd
Old 09-08-2015, 03:22 PM
ToddNicholson

Hi Jayd,

Unfortunately, their areinternal differences with how the signals are processed, so it's not just thepin's configuration that needs to be changed. For this reason, most simulatorcompanies usually make different leads and device drivers to use; however,since that transmitter is out ofproduction, they may not have designed thesimulator to be compatible with it.

Best regards,
Todd
Airtronics Team Member
Old 09-09-2015, 05:39 PM
jayd3

Thanks
Todd
Old 09-10-2015, 12:25 PM
AwwNaww

It is my understanding (possibly false) that the vanguard buddy boxes to the RD8000 and RDS8000. Horizon sells ($9.49) an adapter that takes the male stereo plug output of the Phoenix sim cord and outputs the din that the rd8k series uses. The adapter looks just like a cord 4" long with the female stereo jack on one end and the pseudo din male jack on the other. It doesn't look like any additional chip is involved. I think that this adapter is what you are looking for.

EDIT Rereading your post, I see that you have the Futaba sim cord. I bought the Phoenix sim with a DX5 transmitter and then bought the conversion cord to use my RD8000 transmitter. The sim cord that I have has a 1/8" diameter stereo plug on the end. Sorry for the confusion

Last edited by AwwNaww; 09-10-2015 at 01:21 PM.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:51 AM
jayd3

I have ordered a generic 5 pin DIN plug to see if I can figure out configuration and make one up .
seems to me what the Sim is looking for is is just the movement signals from the stick poteometers ( variable resistors) opening the radio I hope to be able to trace what connections I need
with the SIM connection being just 3 wires it can't be to difficult ??????

Jayd