Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 05:33 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

ORIGINAL: Arbo

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

Arbo, there was a time I had great hope for you to see beyond stuff that others couldn't...err... wouldn't... What happened?? Did you get brainwashed by Howdy Doody and his puppet or what?
Yeah, sure, that's it. As we see here, it was all my fault. Ignore the other people that had complaints about other moderators, or even moderators that were there before I was one, who all did the same thing, enforced the same rules. When people have nothing better to do than complain about a whole host of mods/admins, perhaps it's their inability to actually follow the rules, stay positive and behave in a civil manner. Nah, it's always those damn moderators!

Arbo,

I know you are brighter than the average guy, so I know you understand "the rules" are up to an individuals interpretation. Your interpretation seemed to be adverse to anyone that was not in compete agreement with your perception of the previously stated "AMA agenda"... So, from that vantage point the forum was destined to fail...one way or another...even if it continued on it would be of no great use and still a failure. Self serving agendas just work that way...it's a law of nature.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:39 AM
Arbo

What makes a troll by your definition? Anyone not in lockstep with your views? Not in lockstep of your perception of AMA's views?
Your second 'questions' make the above trolling by definition. They are looking to start an argument, or get things spiraling into a negative spin.

Just by the shear nature of these AMA forums it is a given that discussion will be contentious and or political... Just qualifying another's post as a troll is very narrow minded and diminishes the much wider scope political discussions will naturally take.
As I already pointed out, opposition to an AMA policy or some such, was allowed, and does exist in threads on that forum. It is the manner that it is done that matters, the attitude taken. A great example is Horrace, he stands against a lot of stuff, or questions a lot of stuff the AMA does, he often comes across as harsh, but sometimes he phrases things in a manner that do not go down the road of negativity and argument, and those were fine, but sometimes just due to phrasing, it came across quite differently, and that is not what the AMA wanted on their forum.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:45 AM
littlecrankshaf

A great example is Horrace, he stands against a lot of stuff, or questions a lot of stuff the AMA does, he often comes across as harsh, but sometimes he phrases things in a manner that do not go down the road of negativity and argument, and those were fine, but sometimes just due to phrasing, it came across quite differently, and that is not what the AMA wanted on their forum.
Sure... that's why he was banned... Get real!

I had great hope that you wouldn't get sucked into that mindset of rationalizing any point to fit the "agenda"... I was very disappointed and that grows with every post you make here now.

I was hoping someone could make some change and I was hoping that might be you...
Old 08-23-2012, 05:49 AM
Arbo

Arbo,

I know you are brighter than the average guy, so I know you understand ''the rules'' are up to an individuals interpretation. Your interpretation seemed to be adverse to anyone that was not in compete agreement with your perception of the previously stated ''AMA agenda''... So, from that vantage point the forum was destined to fail...one way or another...even if it continued on it would be of no great use and still a failure. Self serving agendas just work that way...it's a law of nature.
Again, your assumption that it any of it had to do with my perception WRT the AMA 'agenda' is taking the discussion down the road of trolling. They had rules, the rules were clear, when many people kept ignoring them, Dave went on and clarified further, as well as added to them. To me, it was pretty black and white, rules on forums most often are. It had nothing to do with any 'agenda', as personally many of the messages that were removed due to violations and negativity, I actually agreed with. I believe the AMA has really moved away from it's members, that it is not responsive to them, and there does seem to be a good old boy network at the top where the same people are always involved and appear to be working in THEIR best interest. Corruption has soaked in? Quite possibly. But as I have said before, it didn't matter if I agreed, the job of the moderator was to enforce the rules, regardless of who violated them or what the general topic was, leaving out if I agreed or not.

Did I always like it? Nope. Who would like taking constant crap? But if it was left to nobody, everything would have spiraled into a big gripe fest a heck of a lot faster, and I actually thought that there was a chance the forum could eventually become useful and more active. But in the end, those in charge didn't put forth the effort, there was nobody from the EC or any of the VPs that checked in and put out information regularly... perhaps it is a matter of old people not firmly seated in the internet age, or perhaps they just didn't care and the effort was like 'work' to them. We will never know, as we will never get a truthful statement from them.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:51 AM
littlecrankshaf

\

Your second 'questions' make the above trolling by definition. They are looking to start an argument, or get things spiraling into a negative spin.

IMO your "answer" qualifies equally if not even greater than my question... You could have said " I was applying the definition of troll as best as I interpreted the AMA's desire of such"...or something like that. That is the truth...isn't it?
Old 08-23-2012, 05:52 AM
Arbo

Sure... that's why he was banned... Get real!
Good grief man, read the posts as a whole, not just the parts you want to read. He was banned because of the times he crossed the line and came across in a negative and argumentative fashion. Being good some of the time does not mean he was all of the time.

And on you troll with the 'agenda' nonsense. The only person/people that could bring change there were the EC and other AMA officials, but as I have mentioned many times, they didn't bother.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:55 AM
Arbo

IMO your ''answer'' qualifies equally if not even greater than my question... You could have said '' I was applying the definition of troll as best as I interpreted the AMA's desire of such''...or something like that. That is the truth...isn't it?
Thanks for illuminating yourself so brightly. All of this has been explained to you again and again, and you continue on with the whole 'agenda' nonsense. No different than a birther or truther, ignore all that does not fit into your already preconcieved notions. That's called cognative dissonance, and you are not the only one that seems to have it.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:01 AM
littlecrankshaf

Thanks for illuminating yourself so brightly. All of this has been explained to you again and again, and you continue on with the whole 'agenda' nonsense. No different than a birther or truther, ignore all that does not fit into your already preconcieved notions. That's called cognative dissonance, and you are not the only one that seems to have it.
Go back and look...you were the one fingering AMA for the "agenda"... Dang...you admitted it and now you are trying to hang it on me...That is one of the problems of trolling...it is very convoluted... doesn't stick this time!
Old 08-23-2012, 06:04 AM
Arbo

There is no talking sense to you. You really need to find a good conspriacy theory board and hang out there. You appear to have all that is needed to be a productive member of such a place.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:07 AM
phlpsfrnk

\

IMO your ''answer'' qualifies equally if not even greater than my question... You could have said '' I was applying the definition of troll as best as I interpreted the AMA's desire of such''...or something like that. That is the truth...isn't it?
crank,
Along with not understanding some of the words he uses at times I think he has a reading comprehension problem as well, or maybe it's something else, this quote comes to mind; "It is not possible to write in such a way that cannot be misinterpreted by a reader determined to do so." Sorry I can't name the author but a very appropriate quote for these forums.

Regards
Frank

PS You may as well argue with the proverbial stump for all the good it will do.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:12 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

Arbo,

When only one person has a negative opinion of you, you can ignore it. When the majority of people with whom you come in contact has a negative opinion of you, you must might wish to pay attention.

The problem is that once you became the moderator of the AMA forum, you began to operate it to suit your own agenda. The AMA is far from perfect, but you would not allow anyone to cast any opinion that did not mirror yours. You caused that forum to fail simply because of your totalitarian methods. Had the AMA allowed the forum to grow and become a sounding board for the way that the membership wants the organization to proceed, then we might have actually been able to steer the AMA in the direction which we would like it to grow. As it is, there is still only the Good ol' Boy mentality running the show, and even worse, only the Leader Membership has a real voice in the operation thereof.

I don't have the club problem that most have to be able to fly. I can go out of my shop and set the model down and take off. I have been a member for many years, and I'll be damned if I'll allow people such as yourself to run me off.

In responding to my previous post, you tried to turn my comments as if I had been talking about someone else. Let me make one thing clear. You were the person to whom I was commenting. You are the sole reason for the demise of the AMA forum. Who's toadie will you become now?

Bill, Bottom Feeder #1
AMA 4720

Thank You Bill !

You have said it perfectly .

Now , before I leave this thread for good , I'd just like to say this ;

A few days ago , I read that the AMA forum was to close . No surprise , really , since hardly anyone ever posted there due to Arbo's bullying . I went there to see if it was still open , and yes , yes it was . So here I'm reading a Frank Muroc thread , and it appeared that either Frank was talking to himself , or that the thread was edited . I asked about the fractured thread , asked why it looked so odd , and promptly had my post deleted rather than answered . Ok , so , I ask again , this time maybe a bit peeved that what will probablly be the forum's last thread should show the kind of censorship that Arbo killed the forum with in the first place .

Now , Since I know all too well of Arbo's RC Truth meltdown , and his attempts to sign on there repeatedly after being banned (even went so LOW as to sign on using another RCer's already established internet ID) , I was a threat to Arbo's cred , which he doesn't seem to get that he threw in the dumpster when he supposedly "sold his soul to the AMA bigs" , and was promptly banned at the dying site . Of course , the "excuse" was that I had been banned before , and so even the slightest contention was reason to ban me now . Well ! Come to find out , I had NEVER been banned there before , and of course , this ban now is without merit . Did Paul , upon finding out that , reverse his mistaken action ? Of course not ! What good control freak would ever admit they made a mistake ?

I've now heard enough of Paul's blather about blaming the AMA's bigs for his censorship of opinions at the forum . He says that in a way of "it wasn't ME , they FORCED me to edit out everything that wasn't kissy kissy I love the AMA" . Sorry , I call BS here cause on the one hand he says they gave no support whatsoever , and yet on the other claims they SO micromanaged it that the decisions wern't his ?

The AMA didn't kill the forum . Arbo did . End of story []
Old 08-23-2012, 06:16 AM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: init4fun

Sorry , I call BS here cause on the one hand he says they gave no support whatsoever , and yet on the other claims they SO micromanaged it that the decisions wern't his ?
Exactly!!!!!! On target 100%
Old 08-23-2012, 06:19 AM
Arbo

ORIGINAL: phlpsfrnk

Along with not understanding some of the words he uses at times I think he has a reading comprehension problem as well,
Ah yes, the normal phlpsfrnk projection. Can't say I'll ever miss that.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:22 AM
littlecrankshaf

There is no talking sense to you. You really need to find a good conspriacy theory board and hang out there. You appear to have all that is needed to be a productive member of such a place.
See??? here's the problem...I don't believe in a conspiracy.... I believe good people just get brainwashed... I see it over and over again... then they take whatever party line... as an individual... no real conspiracy just an idioticy theory...
Old 08-23-2012, 06:27 AM
Arbo

ORIGINAL: init4fun

Now , before I leave this thread for good , I'd just like to say this ;
And I thought you were already gone because you don't like the fact that people can respond to you.

I asked about the fractured thread , asked why it looked so odd , and promptly had my post deleted rather than answered .
And if you read and understood the rules of the forum, you would know that asking about moderator actions in the public form was against the rules. Dave said straight out that was a matter for other channels that he didn't want the forum filled up with that sort of complaining.

Now , Since I know all too well of Arbo's RC Truth meltdown , and his attempts to sign on there repeatedly after being banned (even went so LOW as to sign on using another RCer's already established internet ID) ,
This is what happens when you find yourself a good anonymous coward to take on as a leader for yourself, you fall for all his lies. Oh, I know he's over there on his ivory tower still making stuff up. Hiding his identity, oh, and it is for a reason. But the blind like yourself keep believing every word. It's quite humorous.

But you've never been much of one for reality. It doesn't fit you well. So waddle on back over to your leaders complaint fest forum, where you can spend your non productive days reading other forums and going back there to talk about what goes on in other places that you are no longer allowed to be a member. Since neither you or admin or any of the other trolls have the intestinal fortitude to come out into the open. Typical of real internet cowards.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:30 AM
Arbo

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaft

See??? here's the problem...I don't believe in a conspiracy.... I believe good people just get brainwashed... I see it over and over again... then they take whatever party line... as an individual... no real conspiracy just an idioticy theory...
I do believe you have let some of the further in the gutter trolls brainwash you. After seeing the end result, I am disappointed I ever wasted any of my time trying to support and cover for you on the AMA's forum. I should have just done as they asked and given you the permaban back then as they so desperately wanted. As I see nothing get's through to you.

The only thing that has surprised me so far, is the lack of Ken coming around to delete everything. I would have expected it all removed and a ban by now. He must be busy with real life, and no time to protect his little group of trouble makers.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:39 AM
littlecrankshaf

Here's the post where you cite "AMA's agenda"
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11203152

Now, deny that.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:41 AM
Arbo

Here's the post where you cite ''AMA's agenda''

Now, deny that.
Boy, I gotta congratulate you on your ability to ignore context. As well as everything else you don't agree with.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:43 AM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaft

I do believe you have let some of the further in the gutter trolls brainwash you. After seeing the end result, I am disappointed I ever wasted any of my time trying to support and cover for you on the AMA's forum. I should have just done as they asked and given you the permaban back then as they so desperately wanted. As I see nothing get's through to you.

The only thing that has surprised me so far, is the lack of Ken coming around to delete everything. I would have expected it all removed and a ban by now. He must be busy with real life, and no time to protect his little group of trouble makers.
Oh...now that Im not in lockstep with you, a permaban is the right answer...

Arbo, please wake up! Snap out of it!

We should be able to give our views no matter how diametrically opposed... Why would you want it any other way????
Old 08-23-2012, 06:45 AM
littlecrankshaf

Here's the post where you cite ''AMA's agenda''

Now, deny that.
Boy, I gotta congratulate you on your ability to ignore context. As well as everything else you don't agree with.
Problem is I caught the text...and no escaping it...you fingered AMA's agenda to portray themselves a certain way...
Old 08-23-2012, 06:49 AM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

When only one person has a negative opinion of you, you can ignore it. When the majority of people with whom you come in contact has a negative opinion of you, you must might wish to pay attention.
When it is just a few anonymous people on the internet, that have a history of getting banned and getting warnings, across many different RC forums, where they spend more time attacking people that participating in the hobby, if you even consider it's not that hand full of internet trolls and it is you, then you have a serious problem.

The problem is that once you became the moderator of the AMA forum, you began to operate it to suit your own agenda. The AMA is far from perfect, but you would not allow anyone to cast any opinion that did not mirror yours. You caused that forum to fail simply because of your totalitarian methods.
Again, amazingly false crap. The same repetitive crap we hear from a few of the others that were always in trouble or causing trouble. Perhaps you should read the comments by people other than that handful. The AMA had a set of rules, and the did not want the bickering and arguing, they did not want the negativity so many brought to the forum... it was the AMA's agenda. A nice and civil forum that protrayed the AMA and it's members in a good way. It wasn't even about shutting down opinions they didn't agree with, as there are plenty of threads on there where people have complained about the AMA and it's policies.... the difference is they acted like adults and remained civil and positive in their postings.

So perhaps you and init can get together and figure out there is a much bigger picture than your personal misleadings about one person. Either that, or I guess you are stuck living in a certain fantasy land about the whole thing.
Oh, for the record, before it gets edited, like another previous post of yours in this thread, many hours after the initial post with no explanation...here
Old 08-23-2012, 06:56 AM
Arbo

Oh...now that Im not in lockstep with you, a permaban is the right answer...

No you moron. Read. Understand. I spent time going to bat for you when even Dave wanted you gone, as one of the troublemakers, one of the reasons he saw for the forum failing. I managed to fight it and kept you on there. Now I realize that all that effort was a waste of time, not because you are a moron, but because you can't learn, you can't improve, you can't rise above and comprehend.

My comment on their agenda had to do with how they wanted no bickering, no negativity, on the forum. It wasn't that they didn't want opposing views, they just wanted them in a civil manner. Again, get some context and comprehension. I said as much in that post. My god you need to up your reading level.

Yes, quote everything I say, so after Ken scrubs everything I say clean, that will be left. A good little minion you are.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:01 AM
littlecrankshaf

and that is not what the AMA wanted on their forum.
By the way please forgive my snippet... But who is this "AMA" you refer to??? Manipulating... or portraying as you put it....
Old 08-23-2012, 07:04 AM
Arbo

By the way please forgive my snippet... But who is this ''AMA'' you refer to??? Manipulating... or portraying as you put it....
That you don't know who was in charge of policy and who monitored the site, says about all that need to be said. Get informed next time.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:06 AM
littlecrankshaf

Edited, as it was a reply to a now removed post making it irrelevant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.