Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 09:16 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

ORIGINAL: Arbo

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

Heck, wouldn't life would be so much better if you could just delete his posts??? LOL
Nope. But the reality of not removing posts because they were disagreed with has been pointed out and proved over and over.

Seems you added quite a bit to your original post while I was replying to another...and since you once again seem to cast me with some group...

Here is something that may be hard for you to understand, as I find it almost universally misunderstood. There is a critical distinction about my position on AMA; I am not against AMA per se. I just happen to have a real problem with the interpretation many have of it and the way that misinterpretation is perpetuated by some. maybe most people within...I understand that if something isn't done soon it will ultimately become an organization that will fulfill their perceptions of it.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:21 AM
phlpsfrnk

ORIGINAL: TheEdge

Both sides are spending an incredible amount of time finger pointing. No matter who's right and who's wrong, it's still plain to see how guilty you all are of not being responsible enough to be able to be the better person and to just pull away and move on.
How much wasted time and energy must have been lost that cannot be reclaimed.
Is it really that much a of a priority in your lives?
TheEdge,
You are correct; I have reread my posts here and believe I have been reasonable, factual and civil in my responses and requests. The best I’ve gotten in return has been sarcasm and ridicule which is SOP when he has ever dealt with me.

Here's an example of a thread that he participated in, moderated and made off topic posts and again locked without reason given;

http://www.modelaircraft.org/forums/tm.aspx?m=14066

Please note that he has never shown any factual evidence or provided examples of wrong doing on my part and I seriously doubt that he can. Until he does I’m done.

Regards
Frank
Old 08-28-2012, 09:35 AM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

It's obvious that no one is going to be satisfied with anyones answers and yet you still keep dragging it on and on.
None of you will get what you want and your certainly not going to get the time back that youv'e lost to this cause.

Don't you see this?

So why keep going?
Old 08-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Arbo

ORIGINAL: phlpsfrnk

You are correct; I have reread my posts here and believe I have been reasonable, factual and civil in my responses and requests. The best I’ve gotten in return has been sarcasm and ridicule which is SOP when he has ever dealt with me.

Here's an example of a thread that he participated in, moderated and made off topic posts and again locked without reason given;

http://www.modelaircraft.org/forums/tm.aspx?m=14066

Please note that he has never shown any factual evidence or provided examples of wrong doing on my part and I seriously doubt that he can. Until he does I’m done.

Regards
Frank
Yes, you used the desire, stated by Jim Rice, to close down the forum due to the lack of civil behavior (as he had administrator/moderator access as well). There is a huge irony in all of that, considering who he considered to be those that were causing all the 'trouble'.

Stuff where you broke the rules and required moderation:
1) Attacks on Kidepoxy
2)"I also agree with Brad that moderators should not moderate threads they participate in. I hope the moderation I’ve already seen here was done by a third (uninvolved) moderator." Removed because the AMAPresident said point blank, discussion of the moderation was not a topic for the public forum, to use PM's and other methods. This was a recurring theme by you, broking at least dozens of times. Including one where you referred to the other moderator as a 'brown nose'.
3) you often responded to others and went on rants about their 'lack of comprehension', again, against the rules.
4) You quite often reposted messages that were removed due to rules violations.
5) you went on a rampage about how the leader members were 'hiding' stuff, insisting that sub form needed to be open to the public, just about always crossing the lines of the rules in terms of negativity put forth, and yet again, when messages were removed, you continuiously reposted them anway, with a total disreguard for the rules.

I could go on, but I think this makes the point towards you statement that you 'never did wrong'....

TheEdge, how is a quick post here and there wasting of any more time than the posts you have made so far?

Old 08-28-2012, 10:44 AM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Your right, I have wasted too much time already.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:26 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Horrace, I just looked at that thread, it does not show a single message that has been moved to the recycle bin. Which means if any message was removed, it was done by an admin and they deleted it completely, as I move messages to the recycle bin.
Arbo, I am not here to argue or blame you. My post above pretty well stated that I think the named administrator did just exactly as you state. He removed my post and revised his own that I had remarked about.

In a society that has trended towards all out bickering and arguing, pitting side against side, I kinda applaud the AMA for at least attempting to hold a higher standard and not let their forum become just another one full of uncivil behavior.
That, Arbo, is your choice, so be it. As for me, I do not care to bow down to those that want everything to be dancing around the posies. That "....let's just kiss..." attitude has brought this whole country to its knees. I was, is and will be one that can speak his piece.

They relied on normal AMA members to put forth their time and effort to enforce the rules and keep things civil on the forum. Some of those in charge watched over the forum and 'moderated' things when they got out of hand, but most of that fell to the 'civilian' voluenteers, as they checked in more frequently. Every single one of those that offered their time and effort were attacked for enforcing the AMA's rules. ...
Many individuals have seen their rulers in that same type of environment. They follow/ed the "RULES" and do/did as they are/were directed. Were YOU, Arbo, picked because someone believed that you were such, that you would do what the Big Guys upstairs directed, regardless of the hurt placed on the lower individuals and groups? [:@]

I'm sure any AMA official that was involved in/with the forum would dismiss their lack of effort, but if they were honest (rather than PC) would say the main reason for shutting it down was it required too much effort due to a few select users.

You are entitled to believe whatever you wish. I try to give credit where credit is due, but I don't think many that know me will say that I am afraid to violate the rules, without any question, when I think they are wrong.
As of now, I am through with this thread. [:'(]
Old 08-28-2012, 11:36 AM
ctrout

Hey Edge! I have a few of the Es. 10 I think at last count.
A video you may like. http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2774090130052
Old 08-28-2012, 12:40 PM
Arbo

ORIGINAL: Hossfly
As for me, I do not care to bow down to those that want everything to be dancing around the posies. That "....let's just kiss..." attitude has brought this whole country to its knees. I was, is and will be one that can speak his piece.
As I said, some think they 'own' part of the forum so they should be allowed to say whatever they want, and some think the the above statement, either way, in the end, it is a disreguard for following the rules. And it is never *their* fault, and they never did anything *wrong*. Yep.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:14 PM
FILE IFR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TheEdge

If this is anything like the way in which the AMA forum carried on,,then it's all very apparant.

Same thoughts here.

Fact: Folks who thrive on confrontation shouldn't moderate.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:16 PM
jerrysu29

That's to bad what are those 10 poor soles going to do know. AMA may want to increase Security at Muncie. Goodbye
Old 08-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Arbo

ORIGINAL: jerrysu29

That's to bad what are those 10 poor soles going to do know. AMA may want to increase Security at Muncie. Goodbye
Considering the level of threats and demands they received over a simple forum, that might be a good idea on their part.

Old 08-28-2012, 04:18 PM
Darkbird
My Feedback: (7)

WOW, 10 days and 10 pages, and the horse is still dead. Whack-whack-whack. Just let it go guys.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:27 PM
rcflyertim

"Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post."

Pretty simple policy stated by RCU. Some of you have no self control. I just read all 10 pages on this forum and I sit here asking myself.....really!!!???
Old 08-29-2012, 07:24 AM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

That, Arbo, is your choice, so be it. As for me, I do not care to bow down to those that want everything to be dancing around the posies. That ''....let's just kiss...'' attitude has brought this whole country to its knees. I was, is and will be one that can speak his piece.

Ahh... Come on Hossy, give me a little sugar..sweetie.

Seriously, Hoss is right on target with that one.

I much rather have a conversation where people can and do speak their mind rather than being held to a politically correct standard... But with that being said forums must have some very clear rules and those rules should be clear enough to not allow subjective or arbotrary decisions about what is acceptable. The rules at the AMA site could have been rendered into just one; If we (anyone of us) don't like what you post we will remove it and if you do that enough we will ban you... That just about covers it.

The problem over there was that "kissing"...err... up... determined who did the cutting.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:30 AM
Arbo

The rules at the AMA site could have been rendered into just one; If we (anyone of us) don't like what you post we will remove it and if you do that enough we will ban you... That just about covers it.
Again, the above statement is about the furthest from the truth one can get. Repeating it doesn't make it true.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:46 AM
littlecrankshaf

The rules at the AMA site could have been rendered into just one; If we (anyone of us) don't like what you post we will remove it and if you do that enough we will ban you... That just about covers it.
Again, the above statement is about the furthest from the truth one can get. Repeating it doesn't make it true.

I suspect that if you had not been a moderator there you would be saying something very similar to what everyone else has been saying...
Old 08-29-2012, 07:53 AM
Bill G

There's another forum that does that also. Always denied, but there are more than enough people who have attested to it with more than enough examples. What I've observed is that by the time people start speaking out about it, the issue is well known to impartial users of the forum that spend much time there. Even if you get a crowd of people posting about the issues, they would still deny it though. In their case however, they wisely do their best to neither confirm or deny the claims, simply not responding to them.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:01 AM
Arbo

I suspect that if you had not been a moderator there you would be saying something very similar to what everyone else has been saying...
And your suspicions would be incorrect.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:05 AM
littlecrankshaf

And your suspicions would be incorrect.

I might believe that... but when I look at how you responded to another AMA forum site when actions were taken against you...I am going to stay with my first blush...
Old 08-29-2012, 08:07 AM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: Bill G

There's another forum that does that also. Always denied, but there are more than enough people who have attested to it with more than enough examples. What I've observed is that by the time people start speaking out about it, the issue is well known to impartial users of the forum that spend much time there. Even if you get a crowd of people posting about the issues, they would still deny it though. In their case however, they wisely do their best to neither confirm or deny the claims, simply not responding to them.
I think I know which one your talking about...and I agree.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:07 AM
Arbo

I might believe that... but when I look at how you responded to another AMA forum site when actions were taken against you...I am going to stay with my first blush...
Oh be honest, you aren't going to let even a tiny bit of reality enter your brain and thus taint your preconceived notions.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:10 AM
littlecrankshaf

Oh be honest, you aren't going to let even a tiny bit of reality enter your brain and thus taint your preconceived notions.

Hey, ain't it about time for somebody to make another post about beating a dead horse???
Old 08-29-2012, 08:16 AM
Arbo

Hey, ain't it about time for somebody to make another post about beating a dead horse???
Ah, copying words. But they apply to you. As it has been shown again and again, and the forum is still open where you can see posts that disagree with AMA policy still there. So it was never about what was liked or not liked, it was about the rules. Pure and simple. If you (or anyone else) was unable or unwilling to follow them, that is the fault of that individual alone.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:21 AM
littlecrankshaf

Ok Arbo,

What you don't understand is that I understand you got caught up in the crossfire. That crossfire is inevitable in situations where divisiveness is a constant. That divisiveness was a simple proposition of AMA's (who ever that is) intent to utilize a discussion forum for the main purpose to project a positive image of itself... It was destined to fail from the beginning...doesn't take genius to see that!!! Can you say "conflict of interest"???

You were just a pawn in the endeavor.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:30 AM
Arbo

Ok Arbo,

What you don't understand is that I understand you got caught up in the crossfire. That crossfire is inevitable in situations where divisiveness is a constant. That divisiveness was a simple proposition of AMA's (who ever that is) intent to utilize a discussion forum for the main purpose to project a positive image of itself... It was destined to fail from the beginning...doesn't take genius to see that!!! Can you say "conflict of interest"???

You were just a pawn in the endeavor.
It appears that you still do not see the big picture.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.