Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

FAA fine against drone photographer dismissed.

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

FAA fine against drone photographer dismissed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 05:34 AM
JohnShe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Yeah, that will be coming. Expect to be arrested when flying you model airplane on your on property.
Perhaps you misread the post. According to the author of the post, the Spanish authorities are going to allow recreational model aviation on private flying fields. And our own law clearly permits model aviation operation on private flying fields and other safe locations when following the CBO safety guidelines.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:34 AM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by bogbeagle
nothing absurd about it.

All collectivists operate from the premise that the interests of the group outweigh those of the individual ... And that ownership is subject to the approval of the group.

Well, that's you.
rotflmao
Old 04-10-2014, 05:49 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As for UAS regulation, successful regulation will severely limit the number of violations and make enforcement possible.
Maybe, but maybe you won't be able fo fly model airplanes without an FAA inspector at your field. Or they will track down your radio signal if you fly from private property. No, not communist at all!
Old 04-10-2014, 05:51 AM
Sport_Pilot

According to the author of the post, the Spanish authorities are going to allow recreational model aviation on private flying fields.
But not from your very large backyard. Only pre approved fields.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:53 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by JohnShe
rotflmao
You mean rotflmCao!
Old 04-10-2014, 06:25 AM
bogbeagle

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

rotflmao

You are telling me that the use of my property (quadcopter) should be subject to your approval.

You reject the idea that your stance is Collectivist ... an attack upon property rights.

OK, then, on what basis do you claim the authority to have me bend to your will?

Here is the First Plank of the Communist' Manifesto.

1. Abolition of private property and the application of all rents of land to public purposes.
Americans do these with actions such as the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution (1868), and various zoning, school & property taxes. Also the Bureau of Land Management (Zoning laws are the first step to government property ownership)
Old 04-10-2014, 06:39 AM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It still doesn't matter, even if it kills. It would be better handled by the local government and should be handled by the Constitution. The degree of severity doesn't matter as far as who has jurisdiction. The states handle murder cases in the states so they can (as in are capable of) handling dangerous UAV operators. Physics has nothing to do with this.

The FAA would have to do the same so that doesn't matter either, except most local government's are more efficient. Many actually balance the budget!
Sorry, but I am beginning to think that you are so full of it and your tea party garbage that your eyes have turned brown from lack of a clearing thought. You seem to be the only person around here shouting "Constitution" whenever safety is mentioned. That suggests to me that there is something wrong with you and saying death by one of these 'toys' does not matter if it was from under 400 feet pretty much seals it for me. Jeeezzzz what a . . .

At lease you do admit that your intent is simply to raise taxes.

Exactly WHAT do you think the FAA does? They already HAVE the history, the training, and the people, the experience, and are making moves in this venue to 'manage' the public risk AND we have ALREADY paid for them in our annual income tax bill. You are insisting we add to our already high taxes to provide for yet another law enforcement agency (people AND training) on the state level rather than use an existing national one already in the business. Someone is empire building. Please explain how much you expect that to cost and how you propose to collect those funds from your fellow rebels who are trying to kill innocent bystanders and fly without any association to any organization.

In case you are not intelligent enough to understand the scope, this is not the venue to attack the FAA and USA. For those games you need to go play with your hip pocket congress critter.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:03 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by Jim Branaum
Sorry, but I am beginning to think that you are so full of it and your tea party garbage that your eyes have turned brown from lack of a clearing thought. You seem to be the only person around here shouting "Constitution" whenever safety is mentioned. That suggests to me that there is something wrong with you and saying death by one of these 'toys' does not matter if it was from under 400 feet pretty much seals it for me. Jeeezzzz what a . . .

At lease you do admit that your intent is simply to raise taxes.

Exactly WHAT do you think the FAA does? They already HAVE the history, the training, and the people, the experience, and are making moves in this venue to 'manage' the public risk AND we have ALREADY paid for them in our annual income tax bill. You are insisting we add to our already high taxes to provide for yet another law enforcement agency (people AND training) on the state level rather than use an existing national one already in the business. Someone is empire building. Please explain how much you expect that to cost and how you propose to collect those funds from your fellow rebels who are trying to kill innocent bystanders and fly without any association to any organization.

In case you are not intelligent enough to understand the scope, this is not the venue to attack the FAA and USA. For those games you need to go play with your hip pocket congress critter.
You are the one bloated with you know what! I have never said that I do not care about safety. I have maintained that the states and local government would make this more safe not less. The FAA doesn't give a flip about sUAV and I guess it might seem safer as they would ban most operations. But in actual fact people will ignore them and they will only catch the ones posted on face book.

The FAA has history alright. They have basiclly banned GA except for the privilaged few. GA is now only slightly safer than a motorcycle. And they have absolutely no history with UAV's, you must be thinking of the milatary.

We have not paid for sUAV enforcement. Right now they are doing nothing, they will be asking for thousands of inspectors later.

I don't think you understand the scope, there are already sUAV in the hundreds of thousands,

This is going to raise taxes either way, but the Federal government will go into debt to pay for it and then funnel excess to other causes.

BTW not a Tea Party person, more of a Libitarian but more Conservative for foreign affairs. Tea Party people want you to go to follow more moral codes than I care for.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:13 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Originally Posted by JW0311
bogeagle, I think I see your point; however, wouldn't a simple set of guidelines help in directing some of these people towards safer operation? Perhaps make them aware of the dangers? I of course understand that people will be people and some of them will ignore any thoughts of how they are endangering others. Does this have to be to either extreme? Outlaw them all together vs zero regulation. Doesn't there have to be some regulation?

James
This post is getting a little closer.

Educating people on what is acceptable is key.

No matter the amount laws or regulations, we will always have areas that we can't make specific law. I guess there will always be some idiot that thinks we should pass a law that prohibits running through a school stabbing people...and we failed by not have laws against killing people in movie theaters...

It seems there are those that forget we have a system in place already to deal with people that act outside of what is acceptable...Bad actor's fates are decided day in and day out by assembled panels of twelve peers... it works for us pretty well...

I do not care to live in a dum bass country that just knee jerks on every issue or has endless regulations...because that's what we are talking about here...endless...ever endless regulation if we can't get a grip.

We should never subscribe to the notion of some need for a Commy Based Organization to dictate our hobby pursuits...but to have an organization that promotes our hobby interests and educate us in fulfilling our pursuits would be of great value.

AMA has done a good job of giving us hobbyist some "guidelines", although I'd rather use the term "direction", that if followed, will keep us easily inside of practices that are acceptable... Does that mean that only those operations that are within AMA's "direction" are acceptable? No! And it was never meant to be!!! Unfortunately there are those that no matter the explanation simply can not see that.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:39 AM
JohnShe

You mean rotflmCao!
Well, that's a new one on me. Even GOOGLE doesn't have it.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:39 AM
Sport_Pilot

1. Abolition of private property and the application of all rents of land to public purposes.
Americans do these with actions such as the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution (1868), and various zoning, school & property taxes. Also the Bureau of Land Management (Zoning laws are the first step to government property ownership)
Actually I just reviewed the 14th Amendment and I don't see where it gives the government the right to take land. I believe that right is the immenant domain clause.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:41 AM
Sport_Pilot

Well it fits you to a T.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:41 AM
littlecrankshaf

I knew what it meant...never had to Google...LOL
Old 04-10-2014, 07:42 AM
JohnShe

You are telling me that the use of my property (quadcopter) should be subject to your approval.

You reject the idea that your stance is Collectivist ... an attack upon property rights.

OK, then, on what basis do you claim the authority to have me bend to your will?

Here is the First Plank of the Communist' Manifesto.

So you object to reasonable regulations requiring that private property be used in a safe and responsible manner?

It sounds like you think it is perfectly OK for somneone to ignore traffic regulations and drive on the sidewalk in order to run you down. But I guess that traffic regulations and laws against murder are also communism in your eyes.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:43 AM
bogbeagle

So you object to reasonable regulations requiring that private property be used in a safe and responsible manner?

It sounds like you think it is perfectly OK for somneone to ignore traffic regulations and drive on the sidewalk in order to run you down. But I guess that traffic regulations and laws against murder are also communism in your eyes.

Because, in the absence of regulation, everyone would drive on the pavement, so as to kill people. Obviously.

But, if this did happen, then the offender's own life should be placed in jeopardy, according to the judgement of a jury.

Tell me, if there was no law against driving on the pavement and killing people ... would you go ahead and do just that?

Last edited by bogbeagle; 04-10-2014 at 07:50 AM.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:46 AM
Sport_Pilot

He never said he objected to reasonable regulations. He is saying it should not be by the Federal government, at least for sUAV.

BTW the Feds have nothing to do with traffic laws. Our states do very well with them and even work together to make them very near the same from state to state. IMO they could have done the same with aviation, but that is a done deal.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:46 AM
littlecrankshaf

....and that's how it happens...asking a reasonable sounding question, that no matter the answer, gives the inquirer the results he wants... Oh BTW, John have you quit beating your wife yet???
Old 04-10-2014, 08:00 AM
bradpaul

OMG....... I agree with bogbeagle !!!!!!!!!

and Johnshe
Your accusation of communism is absurdly specious and deserves no further discussion.
When did you become a moderator and decide what the group want's to discuss?

As for UAS regulation, successful regulation will severely limit the number of violations and make enforcement possible. Otherwise, it will be a jungle out there.

It's all about control, Isn't it John?......... do you happen to be a Club Safety Officer? If you are it must be a joy to fly at your club.

Think I'll go out and buy a Parrot AR and fly it in the street with my iPad. Should attract a crowd.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:15 AM
bogbeagle

Here is my mate, Quentin, endangering everyone with his AR Parrot.

Don't watch this, if you are of a nervous disposition.

It's only the first two minutes.

He should be locked up for this. Oh, the horror!

http://youtu.be/Zj3BUQajDbw

Last edited by bogbeagle; 04-10-2014 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:16 AM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by bradpaul
OMG....... I agree with bogbeagle !!!!!!!!!

and Johnshe

When did you become a moderator and decide what the group want's to discuss?

It's all about control, Isn't it John?......... do you happen to be a Club Safety Officer? If you are it must be a joy to fly at your club.

Think I'll go out and buy a Parrot AR and fly it in the street with my iPad. Should attract a crowd.
Amazing! Not a one of you gets it. I express MY opinion and just about everyone misinterprets it. Beagle the anarchist thinks I am a communist because I think that regulations a have a propose in society. Paul thinks I am acting as a moderator because I refuse to work with Beagle's speciousness logic. LCS doesn't understand my own logical fallacy of the slippery slope as an ironic jab at beagle's speciousness. SP made up a new acronym that I never heard of in a vain attempt to pester me.

Paul, just go ahead and injure someone with your toy. I hope you get what's coming to you.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:22 AM
JohnShe

Here is my mate, Quentin, endangering everyone with his AR Parrot.

Don't watch this, if you are of a nervous disposition.

It's only the first two minutes.

He should be locked up for this.

http://youtu.be/Zj3BUQajDbw
What a moron. If he had successfully whack himself in the head it would have been a true benefit to the gene pool.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:13 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

What a moron. If he had successfully whack himself in the head it would have been a true benefit to the gene pool.
not quite true.
he is rather obviously old enough to have already made several contributions to the genetic pool.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:20 AM
Sport_Pilot

SP made up a new acronym that I never heard of in a vain attempt to pester me.
Dang!
Old 04-10-2014, 09:20 AM
littlecrankshaf

LCS doesn't understand my own logical fallacy....
Oh. I figured that out a looonng time ago. LOL
Old 04-10-2014, 09:40 AM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by mongo
not quite true.
he is rather obviously old enough to have already made several contributions to the genetic pool.
Dang! There's more of them? Almost like the hordes of the living dead.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.