Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Ama attempts to ''rig'' upcoming executive vice president election

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Ama attempts to ''rig'' upcoming executive vice president election

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 06:12 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

This is one of the reasons I have given up flying. The OP is so much horse crap it's unreal. Way too much time is spent on nothing problems while the real problems, especially UAVs and rogue flyers, are swept under the rug.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:20 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rgburrill
This is one of the reasons I have given up flying. The OP is so much horse crap it's unreal. Way too much time is spent on nothing problems while the real problems, especially UAVs and rogue flyers, are swept under the rug.
Actually I'd like to hear more from him...seems sucking up isn't his style. I know, sucking up is much easier for those that want protection but I respect those that aren't afraid to speak out.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:11 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mr. Burrill, you are a very accomplished modeler, airplanes, boats, cars, etc. It is a surprise that one with your abilities and experiences would allow another individual's efforts to make things right to keep you from flying RC. In reality there are factors in effort of certain individuals that would not be overly helpful if the AMA was not working on those problems that you think are "....swept under the the rug."

There are a number of individuals that are working to your desire. There are other individuals, me for one, that wishes for AMA to be in the work-place for ALL MODEL AVIATION of all aeromodeling disciplines, from indoor & outdoor rubber, ETC. ETC. yet saving places for all things, CL ,FF, and RC. That is why AMA needs active modelers from the outside of AMA to join the Ex. Council every so often, and for others to bring to the light any item that individual may think to be not within the correct atmosphere.
If you give up because all things are not to your personal desires, then what will the future bring to you? IMO, that would be simply more of the same!
Old 09-11-2014, 10:07 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

This has gotta be the saddest statement I've read in quite a while . Really , what other folks do has so ruined flying for you that you just gave it up ? To me , if the AMA were to cease to exist tomorrow , or if a bunch of "rogue flyers" got caught doing something really nasty with their UAV toys , MY love of RC airplanes would still be intact !
Old 09-11-2014, 12:57 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
Actually I'd like to hear more from him...seems sucking up isn't his style. I know, sucking up is much easier for those that want protection but I respect those that aren't afraid to speak out.
That's an interesting thought, and would hope that the same respect is afforded to those that have differing opinions and are willing to share them. Seems to be easy to say when everyone is in agreement, but dissenting voices are sometimes drowned out in various ways. Words like "sucking up" and "protection" are loaded phrases and would seem to be attributed to those who might disagree?

Originally Posted by Hossfly
Mr. Burrill, you are a very accomplished modeler, airplanes, boats, cars, etc. It is a surprise that one with your abilities and experiences would allow another individual's efforts to make things right to keep you from flying RC. In reality there are factors in effort of certain individuals that would not be overly helpful if the AMA was not working on those problems that you think are "....swept under the the rug."

There are a number of individuals that are working to your desire. There are other individuals, me for one, that wishes for AMA to be in the work-place for ALL MODEL AVIATION of all aeromodeling disciplines, from indoor & outdoor rubber, ETC. ETC. yet saving places for all things, CL ,FF, and RC. That is why AMA needs active modelers from the outside of AMA to join the Ex. Council every so often, and for others to bring to the light any item that individual may think to be not within the correct atmosphere.
If you give up because all things are not to your personal desires, then what will the future bring to you? IMO, that would be simply more of the same!
I agree in principle, but would add that it's not just folks from outside the AMA that might be needed at the Ex Council level, ones already in the AMA that have different ideas or perspectives are needed as well. It's easy for some to sit back and complain about whatever is done, meanwhile they don't get involved in any meaningful way. For anyone involved in a club, this is something that is an age old complaint. The same few do most of the heavy lifting, sometimes getting criticized all along the way. They get annoyed, and sometimes burned out, why bother. It's time consuming and frustrating at times, but people are not usually held back from getting more involved at the local and regional level (at least not from what I've seen and experienced). ymmv.

I don't think throwing in the towel is the way to go though, for sure.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:59 PM
porcia83
Banned

Way to many good things going on in CT and NY area to pack it in......
Old 09-11-2014, 03:01 PM
Phxsparky
My Feedback: (12)

If someone used an email list that is NOT available to the other party in the election, then that IS an unfair advantage. If some currently in a role for the AMA uses that list to promote his friend, that is wrong and should not be allowed. He should be removed from his role by the president.

Just my 2 cents..
Old 09-11-2014, 03:41 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by toolmaker7341
You guys haven't been paying much attention to our US government. We have a president that thinks he's a king/dictator and can break the law anytine he want and a bunch of old partisin farts that do nothing but try to save their's and their party's ass in the next election. Pay attention to that instead of the petty crap your bit chin about. O I guess a politian has to start somewhere to work his way up to the big boy bunch
You forgot to mention your guy LOST the last election and for the up comming one ,making old people mad along with women , blacks and hispanics your going to loose the next one too ! lmao Just saying ! joe
Old 09-11-2014, 07:22 PM
toolmaker7341

We shall see,we shall see you really think your guy is doing a good job? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2014, 08:25 PM
littlecrankshaf

Originally Posted by porcia83
That's an interesting thought, and would hope that the same respect is afforded to those that have differing opinions and are willing to share them. Seems to be easy to say when everyone is in agreement, but dissenting voices are sometimes drowned out in various ways. Words like "sucking up" and "protection" are loaded phrases and would seem to be attributed to those who might disagree?
Respect doesn't mean we have to agree...FWIW one of the ones I've argued with...err... discussed points of view the most with is ole Hoss...and by now you can probably tell he isn't sucking up to anyone...we just see things differently, that's all...So, he has my respect even though we disagree on much as relates to AMA...but we probably agree about a lot of other stuff outside this silliness...So, your theory about me sucks! LOL
Old 09-12-2014, 09:28 AM
F-16 viperman

government, of any kind, including AMA can lead You where You might not want to go, if left unchecked. All political people, especially career ones spend Their entire time mongering fear to convince You how much You need them. Once in, the only way to get Them out is term limits. Some will do anything to stay there. I've always said "Those that CAN, DO. Those that CAN'T, LEAD!" I'd like to see any one of those EC guys try a 199 MPH inverted pass 10' off the deck straight down the runway LMAO!
Old 09-12-2014, 10:20 AM
toolmaker7341

Originally Posted by F-16 viperman
government, of any kind, including AMA can lead You where You might not want to go, if left unchecked. All political people, especially career ones spend Their entire time mongering fear to convince You how much You need them. Once in, the only way to get Them out is term limits. Some will do anything to stay there. I've always said "Those that CAN, DO. Those that CAN'T, LEAD!" I'd like to see any one of those EC guys try a 199 MPH inverted pass 10' off the deck straight down the runway LMAO!
I'll vote for that!!!!
Old 09-12-2014, 12:45 PM
crash99
My Feedback: (3)

After reading the title of this post I thought it would be important to read. I was so wrong. What a complete waste of time. The title should be changed to be fair.

Crash99
Old 09-12-2014, 01:57 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by toolmaker7341
We shall see,we shall see you really think your guy is doing a good job? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With the mess he was left with from the president just before him he is doing the best he can . joe
Old 09-12-2014, 02:09 PM
Hossfly

Originally Posted by crash99
After reading the title of this post I thought it would be important to read. I was so wrong. What a complete waste of time. The title should be changed to be fair.

Crash99
What is "fair" for YOU Crash 99? If it were changed then I would want another change. There is that old saying, "All is fair in love and war." So if it is changed to be "fair" for you, then it would not be "fair" for me in this little war between us. Sorry, Ol' Pal! Better luck next time.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:12 PM
F-16 viperman

On a lighter note, The Prez. just bought a 4.6 million estate in rancho mirage Ca. to retire to. It's very close to the San Andreas fault. I think They're in the process of having the name changed to "Bush's Fault". LOL!

Last edited by F-16 viperman; 09-12-2014 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:33 AM
CashD

Strange, I'm a leader member and never got any email from Rusty.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:18 AM
phlpsfrnk

Originally Posted by CashD
Strange, I'm a leader member and never got any email from Rusty.
I believe that is the point the OP was trying to make. It was sent to a select few and he used a list only available to the incumbent but not the opponent and his position could be perceived as attempting to influence the election using official AMA business channels.

Frank
Old 09-19-2014, 07:21 AM
littlecrankshaf

"Strange, I'm a leader member and never got any email from Rusty."

I took it as he just doesn't like you...
Old 09-19-2014, 08:21 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by phlpsfrnk
I believe that is the point the OP was trying to make. It was sent to a select few and he used a list only available to the incumbent but not the opponent and his position could be perceived as attempting to influence the election using official AMA business channels.

Frank
Either that or he doesn't have his current email address? Or the email erroneously ended up in a spam folder?

I received it. I took it as a plug for his friend, maybe not the most appropriate platform, nor anything to get in a snit about.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:21 AM
phlpsfrnk

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
Either that or he doesn't have his current email address? Or the email erroneously ended up in a spam folder?

I received it. I took it as a plug for his friend, maybe not the most appropriate platform, nor anything to get in a snit about.
Oh I'm not in a snit about it but the OP certainly appears to be.

Frank
Old 09-19-2014, 09:40 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by phlpsfrnk
Oh I'm not in a snit about it but the OP certainly appears to be.

Frank
That's for sure. The actions of one person were inexplicably attributed to the whole AMA organization, as if there was some conscious decision to "rig" an election this way. And for what...power, fame, money? C'mon. I suspect if the election doesn't go the way OP and others want, this will be the reason why.

A "select" few received the e-mail, and 1500 people viewed this thread, perhaps that has evened things off?
Old 09-19-2014, 10:48 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Thats what I meant Frank
Old 09-19-2014, 04:45 PM
ggimlick

I'm a leader member too and never got this email. I think this is much ado about nothing, just like every other time Mr Cain runs for office. It's a perpetual train wreck every time :-/ Both candidates have their supporters and detractors....at the end of the day, life goes on.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:46 AM
Hossfly

Originally Posted by ggimlick
I'm a leader member too and never got this email. I think this is much ado about nothing, just like every other time Mr Cain runs for office. It's a perpetual train wreck every time :-/ Both candidates have their supporters and detractors....at the end of the day, life goes on.
Mr. ggimlick, I too never got this mail and I have been a Leader Member since March,1964. While I do not know exactly what you mean by my running for office being ".... a perpetual train wreck ..." I take it you know that the incumbents of the AMA hierarchy are totally afraid of one Horrace Cain being elected into the Executive Council. They know that I get things done and I don't sit around with one finger in the mouth and one finger in the back-side, changing every few minutes. In addition, I do not keep secrets from the AMA membership like the Park Flyers program for example.
Just take a peek at the page 141 Oct. MA with the candidate's campaign statements. While AMA, at top of page, states, in effect, they do no wrongs. Take a look at their misspelling of " Cain." They added an e on the name after 8 correct spellings. That was NOT a mistake, IMO it was well planned. They know that 80% +/- of those reading my article will think, "This guy cannot even spell his own name." Therefore no vote for Cain.
Yes, Greg, Life goes on (but ours does not) However life is not always the way we wish it to be? Is it not possible to make a difference in the structure of LIFE? Maybe we need some real engineers driving that train. If we had engineers that are there driving the train for the good of what the train can do, rather that those that are there to make a bed for themselves, just maybe the train will get to its destination rather than running off the tracks every few months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.