Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Dues increase coming? 1 million spent on government relations.....

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Dues increase coming? 1 million spent on government relations.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 04:54 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Once again I say it's black and you say it's white. I'm starting to get a grip on why you where asked to leave the other forums.

Mike.
If all else fails and you have nothing else to say, why not make it personal right? A transparent and weak response given an inability to accept other viewpoints, but not unexpected. It's singular though, not plural, you even got that wrong.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:01 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
If all else fails and you have nothing else to say, why not make it personal right? A transparent and weak response given an inability to accept other viewpoints, but not unexpected. It's singular though, not plural, you even got that wrong.

Your writing your own history. I have nothing to do with it.
Mike
Old 09-01-2015, 05:56 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

We had a theft with over 4 grand in equipment stolen and we were not covered by the AMA.

Mike
What's your point? Who is we? Are you under the impression the insurance policy offered by the AMA covers everything w/o limits?
Old 09-01-2015, 06:02 AM
porcia83
Banned

Your writing your own history. I have nothing to do with it.
Mike
Please...did I mention another website? You make a point to personally attack me and try to bring another website into this discussion, and then claim innocence. Funny. . If that's where you want to go, have at it, won't be the first or the last time. Not sure what it has to do with the AMA or dues being increased. You've been on here longer than I have, so I'm sure you know about the ignore function. If you can't deal with my comments or others in this public thread, just hit the ignore function, or better yet, just don't respond. Easy right?
Old 09-01-2015, 06:06 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Once again I say it's black and you say it's white. I'm starting to get a grip on why you where asked to leave the other forums.

Mike.
That's funny, especially considering your lack of meaningful contributions to this thread.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:06 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by Ace Dude
What's your point? Who is we? Are you under the impression the insurance policy offered by the AMA covers everything w/o limits?
We is our club.
FYI they do offer theft up to $1000.00 but it does not pertain to club losses.
From the AMA website.

$1,000 Fire, Theft, and Vandalism Coverage for members

Never said they covered everything without limits. The only AMA insurance I even value is for the site owner and I have no clue how good that is.
No point here just relating a story.

Mike
Old 09-01-2015, 06:08 AM
rcmiket

That's funny, especially considering your lack of meaningful contributions to this thread.
What you and I perceive as meaningful content is apparently different,

Mike

Last edited by rcmiket; 09-01-2015 at 06:17 AM.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:08 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

'What many (myself included) need like air to breathe is the first dollar landowner insurance for the field. That is the most important things (to me) the AMA offers."

This is probably the one and only reason I'll continue as a member.

Mike .
@porcia83 - With responses like this, I'm not sure why he's even posting here to begin with.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:10 AM
rcmiket

If you can't deal with my comments or others in this public thread, just hit the ignore function,

and you have the same option.

Mike
Old 09-01-2015, 06:14 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

What you and I perceive as content is apparently different,

Mike
That's specifically why I stated "meaningful" content in my original post.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:17 AM
rcmiket

That's specifically why I stated "meaningful" content in my original post.
I edited my post to reflect that.
Thanks for pointing that out.

Mike;
Old 09-01-2015, 06:18 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

We is our club.
FYI they do offer theft up to $1000.00 but it does not pertain to club losses.
From the AMA website.

$1,000 Fire, Theft, and Vandalism Coverage for members

Never said they covered everything without limits. The only AMA insurance I even value is for the site owner and I have no clue how good that is.
No point here just relating a story.

Mike
I see, so the club wasn't reimbursed because it's not covered by the insurance policy. Makes sense. So why wasn't a separate policy purchased for coverage?
Old 09-01-2015, 06:26 AM
rcmiket

I see, so the club wasn't reimbursed because it's not covered by the insurance policy. Makes sense. So why wasn't a separate policy purchased for coverage?

When the theft occurred we just checked with the AMA to see if the $1000 in theft insurance would cover a club loss. It does not, although I can't see why it would not since we pay $160.00 in club charter fees (paper work for two fields we insure and that number goes up in 2016). Since that theft we have taken the necessary steps in ensure we have done everything humanly possible to keep it from happening again. Live and learn.

Just curious do you feel that the AMA theft insurance should cover club losses? While our club is strong enough to rebound from a loss some smaller ones would not.

Mike

Last edited by rcmiket; 09-01-2015 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Content
Old 09-01-2015, 06:36 AM
Duncman

Wow, no mudslinging going here, no siree Buffalo Bob!!!!
It is all about money, we want protection, insurance companies want to sell us that protection and then when we need it, they want to mitigate their payouts to protect their bottom line. True, most states have stringent regulations on the industry, but those regulations are slanted more to protect the commerce of the industry than the consumer, simple fact of life. Insurance adjuster's are highly trained, highly trained to say "no" and hope you go away, that is it, nothing more. Sure the contractor is going to guide you in the direction of arbitration with the adjuster, maybe to the extent of even having a court make a determination on the contents of the policy and regulations, and "yes" his motives are purely for the almighty dollar, of course we are quick to forget that he needs to feed his family also and good will does little to pay the bills. The gentleman earlier that arbitrated the insurance companies decision and squeezed a significant amount of dollars more out of them was given good, sound advice from his contractor and made that insurance company honor the terms of its contract and likely the regulations that guide that industry in that State, he stood up for his rights, and that is what we all should do. It obviously was not that contractors first goat rope, luckily he shared that experience. That opinion is not very humble and "no" I'm not a contractor!
Old 09-01-2015, 07:22 AM
porcia83
Banned

and you have the same option.

Mike
Right, and I exercise that when I see a post I don't want or feel the need to comment on. The difference is I don't attack you personally. Your frustration got the best of you and you lashed out and brought up a topic that has nothing to do with the thread, for no other reason than to troll me. I've agreed with you on some posts, disagreed with your comments on others, but have I gone off on you personally? I know you know the difference....anyway...carry on.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:36 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by Duncman
Wow, no mudslinging going here, no siree Buffalo Bob!!!!
It is all about money, we want protection, insurance companies want to sell us that protection and then when we need it, they want to mitigate their payouts to protect their bottom line. True, most states have stringent regulations on the industry, but those regulations are slanted more to protect the commerce of the industry than the consumer, simple fact of life. Insurance adjuster's are highly trained, highly trained to say "no" and hope you go away, that is it, nothing more. Sure the contractor is going to guide you in the direction of arbitration with the adjuster, maybe to the extent of even having a court make a determination on the contents of the policy and regulations, and "yes" his motives are purely for the almighty dollar, of course we are quick to forget that he needs to feed his family also and good will does little to pay the bills. The gentleman earlier that arbitrated the insurance companies decision and squeezed a significant amount of dollars more out of them was given good, sound advice from his contractor and made that insurance company honor the terms of its contract and likely the regulations that guide that industry in that State, he stood up for his rights, and that is what we all should do. It obviously was not that contractors first goat rope, luckily he shared that experience. That opinion is not very humble and "no" I'm not a contractor!
Ya, that will happen sometimes, some times people forget it's a public thread and differences of opinions will be had. As I noted above, all occupations will have some bad apples and generate bad experiences. Insurance is tough to navigate and it's easy to cast any of the players as bad guys, from carriers' to adjusters to contractors, to body shops etc. Sometimes a lack of understanding of the process is the issue, other times (many actually), it's just a breakdown in communications. It's regrettable that you have the opinion that all adjusters are trained to say no and hop you go away, the inverse is actually the case, but I completely get where the idea comes from. For the record, I'm disagreeing with the opinion...not attacking you. There is no insurance company out there that can survive in this hypercompetitive economy who's goal is to screw people, it just isn't so. Between attorney's and departments of insurance, and other insurance companies hungry for business, the bad apples fall by the wayside quick. Most are publicly traded companies and drops in profits and new business get noticed immediately. Nothing wrong with having a strong advocate by your side to help with any type of claims, the agent is a first good place to start. I even noted that on bigger claims, it might be a good idea to hire a pro to help guide someone through a claim.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-...l#post12086701
Old 09-01-2015, 07:56 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Whooo Whoooo All right guys it's going to be flint lock pistols @ 10 paces tomorrow morning at dawn.
That should settle it for good. Hopes ya all's cans be count'n Ta 10.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:05 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Whooo Whoooo All right guys it's going to be flint lock pistols @ 10 paces tomorrow morning at dawn.
https://youtu.be/hjE2sxCQ_rU

That' the limit of my weapons usage...just a tart tongue at times. Never see me pickin a pistol fight with a Texan.

+ I give up, tried to add the short clip, sometimes it works...not so much other times.

Last edited by porcia83; 09-01-2015 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:38 AM
rcmiket

https://youtu.be/hjE2sxCQ_rU

Never see me pickin a pistol fight with a Texan. .

Brisket Cook-off @20 paces. Loser buys the drinks.

Mike
Old 09-01-2015, 12:47 PM
Duncman

Ya, that will happen sometimes, some times people forget it's a public thread and differences of opinions will be had. As I noted above, all occupations will have some bad apples and generate bad experiences. Insurance is tough to navigate and it's easy to cast any of the players as bad guys, from carriers' to adjusters to contractors, to body shops etc. Sometimes a lack of understanding of the process is the issue, other times (many actually), it's just a breakdown in communications. It's regrettable that you have the opinion that all adjusters are trained to say no and hop you go away, the inverse is actually the case, but I completely get where the idea comes from. For the record, I'm disagreeing with the opinion...not attacking you. There is no insurance company out there that can survive in this hypercompetitive economy who's goal is to screw people, it just isn't so. Between attorney's and departments of insurance, and other insurance companies hungry for business, the bad apples fall by the wayside quick. Most are publicly traded companies and drops in profits and new business get noticed immediately. Nothing wrong with having a strong advocate by your side to help with any type of claims, the agent is a first good place to start. I even noted that on bigger claims, it might be a good idea to hire a pro to help guide someone through a claim.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-...l#post12086701
I have learned to keep my world as simple as possible, seem to get more done that way, anytime I have gotten too complicated and winded on things resulted in people missing my point completely. With that thought in mind, however regrettable you may feel my opinion is, it is a pretty accurate assessment of the insurance industry. There is a reason you see so many ads on the tube nowadays selling insurance, there is a lot of money to be made and they all want a slice of the pie, and they only way for that industry to realize profits is to keep the income up and the outgo down, doesn't get any more complicated than that. My original point was simple and that was the first part, the second part was, don't take "no" for an answer, fight for your position whether it be AMA insurance or your auto policy. It is not accusing them of screwing people but it is accusing them of hoping you will accept their judgement and move on blindly, that is, sadly, sometimes how business is done. They don't always win that arbitration, but they always win if you don't arbitrate.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:23 PM
porcia83
Banned

Brisket Cook-off @20 paces. Loser buys the drinks.

Mike
It's gonna be expensive for you, I think you're already going to be on the hook for some Texas pale ale....
Old 09-01-2015, 07:02 PM
jw4h

will I'm not completely alone I have my wife two boys and there 6 kids I have my hands full teaching the boys how to fly. kids now days sure know how to handle a computer radio.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:36 PM
Duncman

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Hell most folks here can't make it past 1 without marking an X.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:20 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by jw4h
will I'm not completely alone I have my wife two boys and there 6 kids I have my hands full teaching the boys how to fly. kids now days sure know how to handle a computer radio.
Sounds awesome, congrats to you for getting the young ones into the hobby.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:15 AM
rcmiket

I posted this in another thread here but figured it pertained to this one also in case some here do not check in on some if the other threads.

Districts 2,4,6.8 and 10 council seats are up for re-election next year. Those seeking re-election or those challenging for the seat will be sending out their campaign statements soon. Might get interesting.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.