Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 01:08 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcmiket
It won't stop flyaways? Just another lie by FAA I thought they said it would..

Mike
Nope...they never said that...not even close
Old 12-27-2015, 01:33 PM
jatoRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jzrf6c

If you check the rules the FAA came up with you'll see that as of December 21, 2015 you can not even sell your UAS to someone else without filling the appropriate FAA forms.

That applies to a individually registered UA or an sUA they have "N" numbers not an sUAS.
Old 12-27-2015, 02:07 PM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by porcia83
Nope...they never said that...not even close
Isn't this whole thing about airspace safety ?

Mike
Old 12-27-2015, 02:25 PM
AllModesR/C

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
If the FAA is taking safety as seriously as they say what are they doing about this?

http://news.yahoo.com/dangerous-heli...151956046.html
We need to register all birds weighing more than .55 lbs!
Old 12-27-2015, 03:19 PM
porcia83
Banned

Mike
There is a gray area between what this "thing" purports to be, and what it actually is. As is usual with issues of this kind, it tends to be a black and white understanding for some, and a more fluid definition for others.

At no time however, has there been anything even close to what you alluded to earlier and you know that, it was either hyperbole or a disingenuous attempt to make something up out of thin air. C'mon now....at the end of the day we both know this is primarily about accountability and enforcement, not prevention. Right?
Old 12-27-2015, 03:23 PM
rcmiket

T..at the end of the day we both know this is primarily about accountability and enforcement, not prevention. Right?
Would not accountability and enforcement breed prevention? Honestly I feel the whole thing is a waste of time ,money and energy typical of our government as of late.

Mike
Old 12-27-2015, 03:31 PM
pkoury
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jatoRC
That applies to a individually registered UA or an sUA they have "N" numbers not an sUAS.
I do not understand your post, could you please define UA, sUA and sUAS. I read the FAA guidelines as a sUAS is .55 to 55 pounds and is able to be registered using the web based application. A UAS is over 55 pounds and must be registered individually using mailed in notarized paper copies of FAA forms.
Nowhere in any of the FAA guidelines did I see UA or sUA. The FAA does use the term drone to reference sUAS and UAS thanks to the media hyping all such systems as drones.
Old 12-27-2015, 03:42 PM
porcia83
Banned

Would not accountability and enforcement breed prevention? Honestly I feel the whole thing is a waste of time ,money and energy typical of our government as of late.

Mike
Sure, one would hope that would happen, but that's completely different that what you said earlier. Just like signing up and taking a drivers licecense test might stop someone from drunk driving, perhaps someone who registers takes time to read all the info and will then decide, man, I will not fly over 400 feet by the airport. But if they do, and are caught, now they can hopefully be held responsible.

I agree on the other part, there are definitely some things our govt does that might not make sense to everyone, don't seem to be helpful, and are costly too. I think most of what it does is well intentioned and meaningful, there will always be some downside to it though. Tought time to be in politics, no matter what side of the table one sits at.
Old 12-27-2015, 03:48 PM
rcmiket

Sure, one would hope that would happen, but that's completely different that what you said earlier. Just like signing up and taking a drivers licecense test might stop someone from drunk driving, perhaps someone who registers takes time to read all the info and will then decide, man, I will not fly over 400 feet by the airport. But if they do, and are caught, now they can hopefully be held responsible.

I agree on the other part, there are definitely some things our govt does that might not make sense to everyone, don't seem to be helpful, and are costly too. I think most of what it does is well intentioned and meaningful, there will always be some downside to it though. Tought time to be in politics, no matter what side of the table one sits at.
I said this whole thing is supposed to be about safety what's wrong about that? The whole point of this BS was to make everyone safe from us evil modelers who already obey the law.

Mike

Last edited by rcmiket; 12-27-2015 at 03:50 PM.
Old 12-27-2015, 03:55 PM
porcia83
Banned

I said this whole thing is supposed to be about safety what;s wrong about that? The whole point of this BS was to make everyone safe from us evil modelers.

Mike
Let's not make this a thing, I'm still basking in Holidays glow... ....but here is what you said exactly..

That's a far cry from saying "I said this whole thing is supposed to be about safety, what's wrong with that". Nothing, except that's not what you said. There was no lie, and the FAA didn't say what you claimed you "thought" they said.

C'mon...lets move forward. What they said, didn't say, might have said, means very little at this point. It all sucks, but it's all something we have to deal with. Once registered, we'll all keep doing what we have always done, hopefully, and that's fly and have fun. Sure, horrible things may happen in the future, good things may too...it is what it is. (god I hate that term)
Old 12-27-2015, 04:00 PM
Rob2160

Got recent video?
Sure (not my videos but I'll get some when I visit later in the new year) - plus a friend who lives in Moscow and flies RC (Helicopters) and says Phantoms are regularly seen around the Kremlin. They won't stop you from flying but if you crash and cause damage or injury you have to face the consequences. (firing squad? )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLXpIs17Fjk

Not so recent - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHm6WNzx8Hc

This one looks like a commercial operator but I doubt commercial operators would get permission to fly like this anyway in the USA or Australia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB5nOFdsQ2Q

Last edited by Rob2160; 12-27-2015 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-27-2015, 04:10 PM
rcmiket

Let's not make this a thing, I'm still basking in Holidays glow... ....but here is what you said exactly..

That's a far cry from saying "I said this whole thing is supposed to be about safety, what's wrong with that". Nothing, except that's not what you said. There was no lie, and the FAA didn't say what you claimed you "thought" they said.

C'mon...lets move forward. What they said, didn't say, might have said, means very little at this point. It all sucks, but it's all something we have to deal with. Once registered, we'll all keep doing what we have always done, hopefully, and that's fly and have fun. Sure, horrible things may happen in the future, good things may too...it is what it is. (god I hate that term)
You've got to be kidding I was making fun of this while thing. Let me clear that up.That was meant as a joke. What you've been on these forums so long you now fail to see humor? Your starting to take yourself way to serious.

Mike
Old 12-27-2015, 04:11 PM
porcia83
Banned

The first video is fantastic. What views. The bear at 1:47...just chillin with his girl. Too funny.
Old 12-27-2015, 04:12 PM
porcia83
Banned

You've got to be kidding I was making fun of this while thing. Let me clear that up.That was meant as a joke. What you've been on these forums so long you now fail to see humor? Your starting to take yourself way to serious.

Mike
Fine, o/k, let me see if I've left my sense of humor around here somewhere......you don't tell jokes often, thats what threw me. Gotta tap the mike and say..this thing on? Anyone out there.....etc etc.

now I'm laughing. Good one!
Old 12-27-2015, 04:25 PM
rcmiket

Fine, o/k, let me see if I've left my sense of humor around here somewhere......you don't tell jokes often, thats what threw me. Gotta tap the mike and say..this thing on? Anyone out there.....etc etc.

now I'm laughing. Good one!
Thanks, from time to time it's good to poke fun at ourselves, helps to keep thing in perspective.
Mike
Old 12-27-2015, 04:34 PM
Rvander
My Feedback: (81)

FAA........FUBAR?

So easy to get confused! Lol
Old 12-27-2015, 05:31 PM
bokuda

If you can't see something funny about that, well....you're just missing out. There are multiple levels of hilarity there, but if ya can't see it, I can't 'splain it to ya.

it does nothing whatsoever to demonstrate the fruitlessness of registration, or are you under the impression that registration was supposed to stop flyaways?
This jerk was flying over houses in a neighborhood on the first flight with his new toy. Most likely it was a cheap Radio Shack piece of junk with limited range. I''d wager that the genius pilot neither read the instructions nor registered as he was supposed to do. In short, he was operating in an unsafe manner.

If you can't see that, I can't 'splain it to ya.

And, no, it won't stop fly aways. It also will not stop idiots from flying them away.

These kinds of incidents are what will result in all r/c flying being banned.

With that, I withdraw from these drone discussions. They have all become peeing matches with most people refusing to read and accept that these rules are in effect or just do not understand what they read.

Last edited by bokuda; 12-27-2015 at 05:38 PM.
Old 12-27-2015, 05:34 PM
bokuda

Registration is not mandatory, yet.
Perhaps in the parallel universe you apparently inhabit, but here on Earth it is.
Old 12-27-2015, 05:46 PM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by bokuda
Perhaps in the parallel universe you apparently inhabit, but here on Earth it is.
Only purchases on or after 12-21-2015 needed to be registered before flying. Anything owned before that date has till 2-19-2016b.

Mike
Old 12-27-2015, 06:46 PM
drive2survive
My Feedback: (27)

always gonna be some jerkoffs that make it hard on the rest who are responsible
Old 12-27-2015, 07:13 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Originally Posted by jzrf6c
If you check the rules the FAA came up with you'll see that as of December 21, 2015 you can not even sell your UAS to someone else without filling the appropriate FAA forms.

Be nice if People would Provide a URL to bake Up statements they Present here as Fact.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:28 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Only purchases on or after 12-21-2015 needed to be registered before flying. Anything owned before that date has till 2-19-2016b.

Mike
I registered here with the FAA http://www.faa.gov/uas/registration/

I don't believe there is a Place to register (R/C TOYs (Drones) Is there?

Please tell me where I go to REGISTER my new Quadcopter (DRONE) I just got for Xmas
Old 12-27-2015, 08:21 PM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mike
In the same way that registering all males over the age of 15 as potential sex offenders will stop pedophiles.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:02 PM
Sport_Pilot

yes the FAA certainly did didn't they, and the AMA sent back a lawsuit.
If they didn't file a lawsuit we would be blaming them for that. The FAA and all Federal Agencies get sued all the time, rarely do that take it personally. So better to sue than not.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:03 PM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by bokuda
It is not mandatory till the 19th of Feb, except for new models.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.