Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 12:37 PM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see no reason for the FAA to have been involved in the Pirker incident. None of there business. Not that he was not stupid and risking injury to others. Just that it should have been a local LE matter.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:34 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Mr. Pirker , with his "Black sheep squadron" videos all over boobtoob showing him flying around various U.S. locations , basically "thumbed his nose" at the FAA , and the FAA has a long history of making examples of fools like Mr. Pirker . The Video he was prosecuted wasn't his first , or even fifth , that showed him flying over people's heads here in the U.S. , a clear safety issue and my personal opinion is that the FAA let him off TOO easily because he was a foreigner from a U.S. friendly country who didn't happen to be an islamic terrorist !
Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
I see no reason for the FAA to have been involved in the Pirker incident. None of there business. Not that he was not stupid and risking injury to others. Just that it should have been a local LE matter.
And I see every reason , he deserved far more than he got .......
Old 02-08-2016, 03:48 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

[QUOTE=rcmiket;12174321]Just how does any of what you just posted relevant to how the AMA updates or fails to update it's members? I have no doubt in my mind that the FAA, LLE or my grandmother cares what I do.

Mike
[QUOTE]

have no doubt in my mind that the FAA, LLE or my grandmother cares what I do.

Then why would U need an UP-Date

updates or fails to update it's members?

OH Gee Now Let me see.. U say updating is that what's going on here is that like dating your girl friends big sister. That's sounds like Updating to me. Guess iwasn't exactilly following your line of logic. so sorry to Up set you. If I didn't UP-DATE ya.

BeWARE of the Dog
Barks over here goes BOOM over there.

"What difference – at this point, what difference does it make?"
Old 02-08-2016, 04:23 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And I see every reason , he deserved far more than he got .......
+1
Old 02-08-2016, 04:24 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

I see no reason for the FAA not to be involved.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:55 PM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
I see no reason for the FAA not to be involved.
Why should they? There were no aircraft in danger. No flight in navigable air. You want the Feds to take all our rights and our state right's away?
Old 02-09-2016, 05:03 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Why should they? There were no aircraft in danger. No flight in navigable air.

You want the Feds to take all our rights and our state right's away?

No. I want the idiots who endanger our hobby and innocent civilians on the ground to receive federal penalties.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:08 AM
rcmiket

Why should they? There were no aircraft in danger. No flight in navigable air. You want the Feds to take all our rights and our state right's away?
Wasn't the whole idea behind this registration thing to make things safer and hold those irresponsible pilots accountable and punished for their stupidity ?

Mike
Old 02-09-2016, 05:39 AM
Sport_Pilot

Federal Penalties! LOL State penalties would hurt more. Pirker was fined $10,000 and settled out of court for $1000. I don't think we are well served by the feds, the states have more experience with minor offenses.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:41 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Wasn't the whole idea behind this registration thing to make things safer and hold those irresponsible pilots accountable and punished for their stupidity ?

Mike
No, it is about a Federal Agency trying to grab all the power it can. Especially those reserved for state and local government. In fact they know it ill not make anybody safer.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:46 AM
rcmiket

No, it is about a Federal Agency trying to grab all the power it can. Especially those reserved for state and local government. In fact they know it ill not make anybody safer.
Last time I looked state and local government had no control over airspace. I might be wrong though.

Mike
Old 02-09-2016, 06:30 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Federal Penalties! LOL State penalties would hurt more. Pirker was fined $10,000 and settled out of court for $1000. I don't think we are well served by the feds, the states have more experience with minor offenses.
Which applicable state penalties would have hurt more? Why didn't the state file any charges?
Old 02-09-2016, 06:48 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Last time I looked state and local government had no control over airspace. I might be wrong though.

Mike
No you aren't wrong. Sport is blowing smoke out his adz again.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:36 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by rgburrill
I will say that in all of my years following aviation and reading about the idiots who get into trouble with it , it was the always FAA and not a State , that punished stupidity involving airborne objects . In fact , just last summer , I recall the FAA prosecuting some dolt who tied 5000 helium balloons to a lawn chair and was up floating around where he didn't belong .

Sport gets bored and drops an "out there" post every so often to get some action going in the threads . Maybe he's actually an RCU operative whose mission is to increase site traffic ? Naa , he just likes dropping the ol steaming dung heap onto the middle of the floor to watch the reactions !
Old 02-09-2016, 07:40 AM
Sport_Pilot

Mike
They did and still do have a say in airspace below navigable airspace. Just not anything that has to do with protecting navigable airspace or certified aircraft. Some have regulations over hang gliders, ultralights, etc.

Last edited by Sport_Pilot; 02-09-2016 at 07:46 AM.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:42 AM
Sport_Pilot

Which applicable state penalties would have hurt more? Why didn't the state file any charges?
State laws vary and in this case it would have had to be a civil case for damages, which there were none. Which is fine by me because it was no big deal.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:45 AM
Sport_Pilot

I will say that in all of my years following aviation and reading about the idiots who get into trouble with it , it was the always FAA and not a State , that punished stupidity involving airborne objects . In fact , just last summer , I recall the FAA prosecuting some dolt who tied 5000 helium balloons to a lawn chair and was up floating around where he didn't belong .

Sport gets bored and drops an "out there" post every so often to get some action going in the threads . Maybe he's actually an RCU operative whose mission is to increase site traffic ? Naa , he just likes dropping the ol steaming dung heap onto the middle of the floor to watch the reactions !
Wrong. Many states prevented flying of model aircraft in certain areas. Still do. Also some states have laws about reckless operation of anything that moves. Also trespassing laws include model aircraft and sUAV. The FAA never had a say about this till the Pirker case.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:47 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by rgburrill

Mike

Good for Sport .... Got your guys GOAT again ... sic'em there sport.
Beware of the hound ... goes Woof here
goes BOOM over there.

Last edited by HoundDog; 02-09-2016 at 07:49 AM.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:51 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Wrong. Many states prevented flying of model aircraft in certain areas. Still do. Also some states have laws about reckless operation of anything that moves. Also trespassing laws include model aircraft and sUAV. The FAA never had a say about this till the Pirker case.
Do you have specific references to the exact code in the law book you're referring to?
Old 02-09-2016, 08:19 AM
Sport_Pilot

Do you have specific references to the exact code in the law book you're referring to?
Well here is a Georgia law. How bout that recent LA law banning sUAV flight near buildings and limiting their altitude to 500 feet. If you are talking about older laws, well those probably no longer exist. But be assured the FAA did not care till about the mid 2000's.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:23 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Well here is a Georgia law. How bout that recent LA law banning sUAV flight near buildings and limiting their altitude to 500 feet. If you are talking about older laws, well those probably no longer exist. But be assured the FAA did not care till about the mid 2000's.
No specific reference, just what I thought.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:33 AM
HoundDog

Sporty stop twisting the Little piggys tail ... U'll make him oink ... Oh OH the dog in trouble now. Maybe I should go hide in somewhere. LOL.

Woff Woff
........Boom
Old 02-09-2016, 08:46 AM
Sport_Pilot

No just forgot the link.

www.modelaircraft.org/gov/statebills/GAHB560.pdf
Old 02-09-2016, 08:56 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

And how would that apply to Pirker?
Old 02-09-2016, 08:57 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Sporty stop twisting the Little piggys tail ... U'll make him oink ... Oh OH the dog in trouble now. Maybe I should go hide in somewhere. LOL.

Woff Woff
........Boom
Oink, oink. You cannot hide from the Bacon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.