Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

WAKE UP AMA. Another field closed!!

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

WAKE UP AMA. Another field closed!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 04:42 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Yes , Crispy , they do control all aviation , But !

They ain't the ONLY ones that have control over every thing that flys ! Yes , they control everything that flys , and now so too does homeland security .

Or are you disputing the fact that the homeland security folks have the right to issue TFRs ?
http://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/m...r/AC91-63C.pdf
Old 11-17-2015, 06:04 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon

And I could pull a similar quote from the department of homeland security where they have the authority to issue TFRs for presidential visits . You point is flat out wrong that ONLY the FAA can impose flight restrictions . No matter how many FAA papers you quote , you either fail to understand or are arguing for the pure fun of it , which is it ?

Answer this one question without any spin or other nonsense ;

"Can the department of homeland security issue a temporary flight restriction ?"

It's either a yes or no answer . No BS links . No doubletalk . Can they or can't they ?

(I know for 100% FACT that the DHS most certainly DOES issue TFRs , , , and with that I'm finished discussing this with someone SO bent on recreational arguing)
Old 11-17-2015, 06:09 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

And I could pull a similar quote from the department of homeland security where they have the authority to issue TFRs for presidential visits .

Got a link?

You point is flat out wrong that ONLY the FAA can impose flight restrictions . No matter how many FAA papers you quote , you either fail to understand or are arguing for the pure fun of it , which is it ?

"Can the department of homeland security issue a temporary flight restriction ?"

It's either a yes or no answer . No BS links . No doubletalk . Can they or can't they ?

(I know for 100% FACT that the DHS most certainly DOES issue TFRs , , , and with that I'm finished discussing this with someone SO bent on recreational arguing)
Old 11-17-2015, 07:48 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"The Federal Aviation Regulations, or FARs, are rules prescribed by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) governing all aviation activities in the United States."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federa...on_Regulations
Wikipedia....now that's a prime source!
Old 11-17-2015, 08:00 PM
franklin_m

.Got a link?...
"A TFR may be requested by various entities, including: military commands; federal security/intelligence agencies; regional directors of the Offices of Emergency Planning, Civil Defense State Directors; civil authorites directing or coordinating organized releif air operations (e.g., Office of Emergency Planning; law enforcement agencies; U.S. Forest Service; state aeronautical agencies); State Governors; FAA Flight Standards District Office, aviation event organizers, or sporting event officials."
Old 11-17-2015, 08:07 PM
franklin_m

And I could pull a similar quote from the department of homeland security where they have the authority to issue TFRs for presidential visits . You point is flat out wrong that ONLY the FAA can impose flight restrictions . No matter how many FAA papers you quote , you either fail to understand or are arguing for the pure fun of it , which is it ?

Crispy is trolling. DHS, military, law enforcement, etc. ask FAA to issue a NOTAM and they do. Crispy is dwelling on the very narrow point that the FAA actually issues the NOTAM. But that's really just the administrative implementation of the request made by the other organizations.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:16 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Wikipedia....now that's a prime source!
Which part of their statement is wrong?
Old 11-17-2015, 08:20 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

FAA to issue a NOTAM
That's all I've been saying all along, thanks for confirming.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:27 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

"A TFR may be requested by various entities, including: military commands; federal security/intelligence agencies; regional directors of the Offices of Emergency Planning, Civil Defense State Directors; civil authorites directing or coordinating organized releif air operations (e.g., Office of Emergency Planning; law enforcement agencies; U.S. Forest Service; state aeronautical agencies); State Governors; FAA Flight Standards District Office, aviation event organizers, or sporting event officials."
That's a quote, not a link to a verifiable reference, but thanks anyway. I never said other entities couldn't "request" a TFR, my point was TFRs are only issued by the FAA. Perhaps some folks simply don't understand the business processes between a requesting entity and the issuing entity. For simplicity it certainly make sense for all the TFRs to be issued by one entity. Imagine if pilots had to go to multiple different websites to check TFRs issues by each entity.
Old 11-18-2015, 03:27 AM
rcmiket

In the meantime that field is still closed............................................ ..

Mike
Old 11-18-2015, 04:12 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Crispy is trolling. DHS, military, law enforcement, etc. ask FAA to issue a NOTAM and they do. Crispy is dwelling on the very narrow point that the FAA actually issues the NOTAM. But that's really just the administrative implementation of the request made by the other organizations.
I figured as such with the trolling , since the FAA has no authority to refuse an order from DHS for a TFR . When the DHS orders a TFR , just because it's the FAA that announces the TFR to the flying publc , I'd still say it's the DHS that has closed the area since the FAA has no choice but to comply with the DHS' order .

And yes Mike , the area is still closed which sucks in my opinion to loose any field . I know for fact the city I grew up in has a citywide restriction of no RC model planes are to be flown at public parks . Which , BTW , is a city ordinance and has exactly nothing to do with the FAA .......
Old 11-18-2015, 04:17 AM
rcmiket

I figured as such with the trolling , since the FAA has no authority to refuse an order from DHS for a TFR . When the DHS orders a TFR , just because it's the FAA that announces the TFR to the flying publc , I'd still say it's the DHS that has closed the area since the FAA has no choice but to comply with the DHS' order .

And yes Mike , the area is still closed which sucks in my opinion to loose any field . I know for fact the city I grew up in has a citywide restriction of no RC model planes are to be flown at public parks . Which , BTW , is a city ordinance and has exactly nothing to do with the FAA .......
We are forbidden by city ordnance here from using parks for flying due to a issue they had years ago. It's never really bothered me though.

Mike

Last edited by rcmiket; 11-18-2015 at 04:21 AM.
Old 11-18-2015, 04:34 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Ah yes, the old someone else is a troll because I don't understand terminology and business processes. Nice.

Hopefully some may realize the frequent "field is still closed" reports aren't doing a damn thing to get the field reopened.

Just because a city enacts an ordinance doesn't mean it's legal and will hold up in court. Many a city have lost in court.

Old 11-18-2015, 04:47 AM
rcmiket

. Hopefully some may realize the frequent "field is still closed" reports aren't doing a damn thing to get the field reopened. .
And your point is? My post is on topic. Just trying to attract attention to the issue.

Mike
Old 11-18-2015, 04:48 AM
Sport_Pilot

A good summary of cases where federal FAA preemption of state law was either upheld and not upheld.

http://airportnoiselaw.org/preempt.html

Last edited by Sport_Pilot; 11-18-2015 at 04:51 AM.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:31 AM
franklin_m

That's a quote, not a link to a verifiable reference, but thanks anyway. I never said other entities couldn't "request" a TFR, my point was TFRs are only issued by the FAA. Perhaps some folks simply don't understand the business processes between a requesting entity and the issuing entity. For simplicity it certainly make sense for all the TFRs to be issued by one entity. Imagine if pilots had to go to multiple different websites to check TFRs issues by each entity.
But the writer's point was the operational requests come from a variety of sources - he was focusing on agencies that INITIATE the process. You were focusing on the end of the process. In that you were correct that FAA actually issues them, but they issue them IN RESPONSE TO requests by other agencies - the original author's point.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:42 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

But the writer's point was the operational requests come from a variety of sources - he was focusing on agencies that INITIATE the process. You were focusing on the end of the process. In that you were correct that FAA actually issues them, but they issue them IN RESPONSE TO requests by other agencies - the original author's point.
The writer stated non-FAA entities issued TFRs which is incorrect.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:56 AM
franklin_m

So what? The writer's clear intent was to focus on the initiators of the process.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:06 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

So what? The writer's clear intent was to focus on the initiators of the process.
He stated issuer, not initiator. Why's so hard about a little technical accuracy? Inaccuracy only causes confusion and misunderstanding. It's the same thing you berate the AMA on every chance you get.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:37 AM
franklin_m

He stated issuer, not initiator. Why's so hard about a little technical accuracy? Inaccuracy only causes confusion and misunderstanding. It's the same thing you berate the AMA on every chance you get.
There's a big difference in holding an individual accountable for the precision of their language and holding an multi-million dollar organization accountable for the precision in their language -- especially when that multi-million dollar organization has spent our dues money on a professional PR person/firm to help them.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:39 AM
Sport_Pilot

I thought that it was proven that Homeland issues them as well?
Old 11-18-2015, 07:41 AM
Sport_Pilot

I think the imitator is the issuer, the FAA is the administrator. LOL
Old 11-18-2015, 08:11 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

There's a big difference in holding an individual accountable for the precision of their language and holding an multi-million dollar organization accountable for the precision in their language -- especially when that multi-million dollar organization has spent our dues money on a professional PR person/firm to help them.
Principles are principles, irregardless of dollar value.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:19 AM
Sport_Pilot

So you say that principles change because of dollar value? I think you meant regardless of dollar value, not the opposite.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:44 AM
franklin_m

I argue there is a difference. For example, once an individual retains a lawyer, they can no longer assert ignorance of the law. So I argue that once an organization retains a PR firm/professional, they no longer have an excuse for imprecise language in statements by executives etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.