Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

How much should members know WRT AMA finances ?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

How much should members know WRT AMA finances ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 03:37 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
If I recall, what I said was that I'd remain a member through the end of the year and then re-evaluate based on some criteria which include, but are not limited to how much I fly at AMA fields. Now, as of now, I've flown zero times at an AMA field. However, as I said in a post in the economics forum, there is one airplane I may yet build that would make it worth it.

I believe there are a number of current AMA members who will reevaluate our membership when they expire ( mine ends the beginning of 2018). When I took the 2 year option I figured I'd have a handle on just where we were going in that time frame.

Mike
Old 06-01-2016, 04:10 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by rcmiket
flying here in a local park is against city ordinances I don't have option on where to fly. I don't think I own anything I'd feel comfortable flying at a park anyway. I have two really nice fields within 16 miles of my house and would much rather fly with the guys anyway.

Mike

I believe there are a number of current AMA members who will reevaluate our membership when they expire ( mine ends the beginning of 2018). When I took the 2 year option I figured I'd have a handle on just where we were going in that time frame.

Mike
Where will you be flying if you don't renew your AMA membership for 2018?
Old 06-01-2016, 06:47 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike
My prediction...you'll still be with the AMA as will almost all of the others. With 180k members, and only about 2k not renewing last year, it doesn't seem like an exodus. And of those 2k, we don't know who actually quit, and who passed on. I suspect the non renewal rate is about the same as it always has been.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:49 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
Where will you be flying if you don't renew your AMA membership for 2018?
I know where I'll be flying, and can safely predict where the rest of us will be as well. At the same places we've always flown, that where. It's human nature, we are creatures of habit. It's great to have choices as to where to fly though!
Old 06-01-2016, 07:49 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by porcia83
My prediction...you'll still be with the AMA as will almost all of the others. With 180k members, and only about 2k not renewing last year, it doesn't seem like an exodus. And of those 2k, we don't know who actually quit, and who passed on. I suspect the non renewal rate is about the same as it always has been.
+1. Natural attrition.

From Pew Research Center:

"On January 1, 2011, the oldest Baby Boomers will turn 65. Every day for the next 19 years, about 10,000 more will cross that threshold."
Old 06-01-2016, 07:51 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

I know where I'll be flying, and can safely predict where the rest of us will be as well. At the same places we've always flown, that where. It's human nature, we are creatures of habit. It's great to have choices as to where to fly though!
I know where I'll be flying too. Enjoying every minute of it just as I am today.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:19 AM
Sport_Pilot

That was from the April meeting so by now many of the 2K has likely renewed before the summer flying season by now.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:05 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
That was from the April meeting so by now many of the 2K has likely renewed before the summer flying season by now.
Perhaps, but I bet the number is still pretty similar. There will always be folks non-renewing, some years more than others. I actually think this number is extremely low given the FAA issue combined with the dues being increased. I bet the overall numbers of non-renewals mirror what clubs experience each year too...give or take a few points.

You flying yet or sticking with the UMX stuff?