Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Know what I’d like to see? A DEBATE!

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Know what I’d like to see? A DEBATE!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 11:05 AM
SDR-Hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Know what I’d like to see? A DEBATE!

How about it right here in RCU, a three-way debate between Dave B. Dave M. and Bill O?

Marc could be the mediator asking questions where the three get to respond. All in a locked forum to keep the debating just between the candidates.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:42 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Know what I’d like to see? A DEBATE!

ORIGINAL: SDR-Hammer

How about it right here in RCU, a three-way debate between Dave B. Dave M. and Bill O?

Marc could be the mediator asking questions where the three get to respond. All in a locked forum to keep the debating just between the candidates.
Great idea. Honestly what do you thing the chances are of this happening? Brown has nothing to gain, Oberdieck has already been invited and didn't respond. Dave Mathewson has demostrated he can handle it here and people have not hammered him to any degree.

Red S.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:03 PM
J_R

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield

Dave Mathewson has demostrated he can handle it here and people have not hammered him to any degree.

Red S.
Why do you suppose?

This reminds me of the turbine seminar at the AMA Convention in CA. There was plenty of complianing and questions here on RCU. In the seminar, there were 7 AMA VP's sitting in a row. Do you think any of the turbine guys in attendance asked the questions raised here?

Here sits Mathewson and all the sudden everyone seems to have lost their voice. The questions can be put in a non-agressive form, but, you would think a lot more questions would be asked.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:58 PM
excaliber

J-R. Thats interesting, I belong to several clubs. And when any AVP or (rarely VP) shows up it is the same thing. Nobody opens there D--n mouth. But wait till after the meeting and all of a sudden they (members) find their voice. Probably like voting, they will bellyacke but won't vote. AMA federal, state or local. Oh Well I don't have that problem.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:05 PM
50+AirYears

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Excaliber, I've said this same thing in many other posts The biggest complainers will never stand up to be counted when they have a chance to have somone who can do something listen. At club business meetings, they are the ones least likely to speak up or even to vote on changes to the things they complain about. They often then turn around and complain about things being railroaded through.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:21 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Having been a club officer for several years, I have made the exact same observation you have. I also note that many who complain the loudest are not amoung those I see at the flying field. My conclusion, while suspect by the usual crowd of naysayers, is that I know THEIR hobby is not flying.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:31 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: 50+AirYears

Excaliber, I've said this same thing in many other posts The biggest complainers will never stand up to be counted when they have a chance to have somone who can do something listen. At club business meetings, they are the ones least likely to speak up or even to vote on changes to the things they complain about. They often then turn around and complain about things being railroaded through.
Then apparently, from what we have witnessed with Dave Mathewson's presence on this forum, a Presidential candidate has nothing to worry about here. What then would explain the absence of the other two? [] Maybe excaliber give us the answer to this one. Of course Dave will answer a question for all to see. Perhaps the others don't have answers the are comfortable with sharing. Better to engage in private one way communication. That way no one can hold you accountable in the future.[:'(] It may be risky for our AMA candidates to take a stand, but it sure gets respect.

Red S.
D-V Leader Member
Old 09-22-2004, 08:48 AM
SDR-Hammer

I give Dave M. credit it took some real nerve to come in here and field questions from every potential AMA idiot that owns a computer. There are other reasons he get my vote but just for this move, it seals the deal.

Regardless of the reasons why the other two declined this invitation to have their own forum I believe it would be less threatening to field questions from one individual (Marc) then have a chance to counter one another.

I want to see where each one stands on certain issues. This could open the eyes of MANY individuals.

Red… I think the chances of D. Brown participating are nil to nothing. But I’d still like to see a debate between Dave M. and Bill.