Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

How to beat DB next time

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

How to beat DB next time

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 01:25 PM
Taildrager-inactive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to beat DB next time

Seems to me splitting the vote between Mathewson and Oberdieck was not productive in beating DB. Not a word was said in our club about voteing for Mathewson, and a letter from our district VI VP Charlie (do nothing) Bauer was sent to our club president and read to the membership supporting DB. Maybe defeating Charlie Bauer in his next election is the way to go, but certinally Mathewson did not get the word out to any one in district VI asking for their support as did DB that I heard about.. I in fact did change my mind and went ahead and cast my vote, although in retrospect it was not enough to change the talley. Looks to me if only one person challenges DB next time and 4,500 more people vote for the challenger DB can certinally be defeated.
Old 11-27-2004, 01:54 PM
abel_pranger

Default RE: How to beat DB next time

ORIGINAL: Taildrager

Seems to me splitting the vote between Mathewson and Oberdieck was not productive in beating DB. Not a word was said in our club about voteing for Mathewson, and a letter from our district VI VP Charlie (do nothing) Bauer was sent to our club president and read to the membership supporting DB. Maybe defeating Charlie Bauer in his next election is the way to go, but certinally Mathewson did not get the word out to any one in district VI asking for their support as did DB that I heard about.. I in fact did change my mind and went ahead and cast my vote, although in retrospect it was not enough to change the talley. Looks to me if only one person challenges DB next time and 4,500 more people vote for the challenger DB can certinally be defeated.
Must be the new math. By my old -fashioned counting, DM and BO split 42% of the vote. No matter how they split it, up to all challenge votes for one vs. none for the other, DB still got 58% and that is far more than the plurality needed. The only way DB will not win the next election is for him to 1) retire, 2) get elected CIAM prexy, or 3) go 'tango uniform.' I'm not confident that 3) would be enough for him to not get the majority vote.

Abel
Old 11-27-2004, 02:31 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

HI TAILDRAGGER, Speaking in specifics only and not in vague generalities, how does getting rid of CHARLIE BAUER and DB improve your quality of life in this hobby? I don't mean to sound combative, I really AM curious.
Old 11-27-2004, 03:12 PM
Taildrager-inactive
My Feedback: (11)

Certinally getting rid of Bauer in our district would hopefully replace a do nothing guy with one that had some intrest of getting around to a club meeting or event more than once in 70 years as is the pace of Bauer when I personally requested he attend a meeting or club event. My quality of life in the hobby is not deturmened by any one but myself, but as our club membership would like Bauer's presence at a meeting or event of our club, and as I was asked by the membership and duly authorized to contact Bauer did so personally with only a "I only go to a few clubs per year" statement made by Bauer as a answer. If you will read the many threads here on this forum you will find the reasons that we need a new AMA president.
Old 11-27-2004, 03:38 PM
scrcc_guy

As I see it you have two (2) options

1) Dave M (strongest contender to date) continues to campaign towards the next election and thus continuing to get his name out there. or

2) Work to replace rubber stamping, do-nothing ambivilent good ol' boy district vp's with those that are more representative of their districts' needs and desires.

Without the assured support base of the "chosen", any agenda forwarded by the President will not be an automatic shoo in. The only way that the districts will become stronger (and thus heard more often) is with the strongest representatives we can muster. I will only be then that we can dictate our fate rather than letting others decide it for us.

We've already replaced two rubber stamps, now we have to work "educating" the rest
Old 11-27-2004, 11:04 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Hi TAILDRAGGER, I can see your point, and can't blame you for holding a grudge if Mr BAUER dissed you guys without at least a good excuse. A guy doesn't get to the VP position by being a jerk and a social liability all the time though. As far as the complaints about DB go, I have lurked around here enough to have some background on why he is disliked here, but it just seems like a murky hodgepodge of hang nail type complaints about relatively insignificant minutia that has no effect or meaning at all to the majority. I don't think it is possible for any man to fill this position and always make everyone happy. I just haven't seen anything from DB that has shaken my faith, I think he honestly is trying to do what is best for the most. DM might very well be a better man for the job, I can't say, I don't know either him or DB, nor do I pretend to..