Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

4th SPAM Mail from AMA, crying about the 9 dollars or return dvd

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

4th SPAM Mail from AMA, crying about the 9 dollars or return dvd

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 04:28 AM
japan3d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 4th SPAM Mail from AMA, crying about the 9 dollars or return dvd

ORIGINAL: aviti

Better yet, call your insurance carrier and get a quote on a million or 2 million dollars of liabilty for flying your airplanes.

My insurance carrier charges me $30 a year for $1,000,000 dollars worth of liability insurance.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:47 PM
aviti
My Feedback: (54)

ORIGINAL: japan3d

Better yet, call your insurance carrier and get a quote on a million or 2 million dollars of liabilty for flying your airplanes.

My insurance carrier charges me $30 a year for $1,000,000 dollars worth of liability insurance.

Is that an umbrella policy for $30? If so, it requires underlying liability coverage on say your homeowners policy which is additional cost. So now if you total cost to insure elsewhere is less than AMA, then great, go for it. Of course that coverage won't get you in the air at a field or event that requires AMA...

The people at AMA thought that if they entered into this DVD thing which would cost us nothing, and reduce our expenses, that everyone would understand....but after hundreds of posts it appears the membership can't grasp the concept.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:16 PM
Stripes
My Feedback: (19)

....but after hundreds of posts it appears the membership can't grasp the concept.

I grasp the concept that they violated my privacy by releasing my name and address to a commercial concern which now duns me for something I didn't order and wanted nothing to do with.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:30 PM
japan3d

ORIGINAL: japan3d

Is that an umbrella policy for $30? If so, it requires underlying liability coverage on say your homeowners policy which is additional cost. So now if you total cost to insure elsewhere is less than AMA, then great, go for it. Of course that coverage won't get you in the air at a field or event that requires AMA...
It's not an umbrella policy. Starts paying at the first penny to $1,000,000. Insurance rates here in Japan are low because they aren't suing everybody. Another example of cheap insurance here: JCI (Japanese Compulsory Insurance) for my car is equal to $270 for 2 years.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:47 PM
aviti
My Feedback: (54)

ORIGINAL: Stripes

....but after hundreds of posts it appears the membership can't grasp the concept.

I grasp the concept that they violated my privacy by releasing my name and address to a commercial concern which now duns me for something I didn't order and wanted nothing to do with.

There is a difference here. This campaign was done with AMA, not just a selling of our info to a direct marketing company. If you are really losing sleep over this, I feel sorry for you (anyone). You must not ever sleep as there are much worse things to worry about. I viewed the CD, put it back in the box and walked back out to the mailbox. Wow, that was tough. If you were too stubborn to do that, then you got some follow-up letters. Throw them away. Big deal.

Sure the AMA has done things that members don't agree with. I just don't see how this hurt anyone. In fact, if the AMA receives any proceeds from this, it kept our dues down.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:19 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

//SNIP//
Sure the AMA has done things that members don't agree with. I just don't see how this hurt anyone. In fact, if the AMA receives any proceeds from this, it kept our dues down.

".... it kept our dues down." Are you sure you mean "kept" in the past sense? Perhaps you mean, "....may help keep our dues down."

To serve the membership and any possible dues increase, why not raise the magazine Model Aviation advertising rates to those in-line with the free market model media? Such a move would not only bring over a million dollars right back into the AMA's operations' funds, but could well serve to regain support from that free market media and help advertise AMA outside the choir box. Such outreach could also do much to regaining the past several years of membership loss and again get the membership numbers back to the positive side. Member increase, along with no monies being expended solely for bureaucratic good-ol'-boy fanfare requiring no responsible productivity is where AMA's real financial well-being exists.

AMA does not need to be involved in entangling alliances with outside commercial enterprises.