Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

GWB Signs Law to Allow QQ 2 Fly 4 Team USA

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

GWB Signs Law to Allow QQ 2 Fly 4 Team USA

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 12:38 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GWB Signs Law to Allow QQ 2 Fly 4 Team USA

Illegal aleins/residents are not afforded the same rights of Americans. Having them work on our roads and whatver penalties we give them is a privliage of our system, not theirs. People of Mexico are not American slaves once they cross our borders no matter how they get here. The only thing we can do is ship them back.

They are using Predators and other UAV's, but again, I don't think you understand how big the border is. If you feel so strong about this border plan take it to your Congressman. Most of the land is private property, so what do you do about that?

A fence with barbed wire, ingenious. Talk about turning the clock backwards. Why not just build another Great Wall of China. Putting up a wall only shows that America is weak. Also I have about 4 basic tools in my toolbox that could get through a wire fence in bout 5 minutes. The only reason you see chain link fences in prisons is because not too many inmates have the tool to cut through the fence. Mexicans have plenty of hardware stores.

Do you have any politcal points of view or is everything just brick and mortar to you? Your viewpoints sound like a lot of pipe dreams and sound like can only be fixed with our Government writing big fat checks. What I'm saying is there anything you think that can be done using policy instead of slavery?
Old 01-20-2006, 02:08 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

A fence with barbed wire, ingenious. Talk about turning the clock backwards. Why not just build another Great Wall of China. Putting up a wall only shows that America is weak. Also I have about 4 basic tools in my toolbox that could get through a wire fence in bout 5 minutes. The only reason you see chain link fences in prisons is because not too many inmates have the tool to cut through the fence. Mexicans have plenty of hardware stores.
Read my previous post as to the reason for such a fence.

. What I'm saying is there anything you think that can be done using policy instead of slavery?
Enforce the laws.
DUH

Woops
Old 01-20-2006, 02:24 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: STLPilot
What I'm saying is there anything you think that can be done using policy instead of slavery?
If we (as a country) actually wanted to, yes. It's no big secret where many of the illegals are working. For example, the odds are good that you can find at least one in nearly any Chinese restaurant. Make it harder for them to stay here to make money that they can then send home, and there would be much less incentive to attempt the border crossing. However, since they represent a REALLY CHEAP labor pool, they are largely ignored.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:28 PM
STLPilot

Enforce the laws.
What laws? They are MEXICANS not Americans. How do you enforce the laws of other countries? Do we fine Mexico? I don't think it will effect their credit too much in Mexico if we send them a bill and they don't pay it.

You might as well forget about the fence idea. I don't think we need to become another Berlin. Get it out of your head. Think of something better.

OK Chuck ... now your just being unrealistic. It's also against the Geneva Convention to enslave your prisoners from other countries whether it be during time of war or peace. That means they get to put into a holding facility, get 3 square meals a day and treated with respect for a couple weeks till they get a free bus ride or plane ride home.

So what's your guys next bright ideas?

I think Bush's idea of helping Mexico is perfect. It doesn't happen overnite, it takes time. He's got a long term plan with realistic results. Just think what Baghdad is going to be like in another 10-20 years. Probably the NYC or Tokyo of the Middle East much like most of Kuwait is now.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:36 PM
piper_chuck

Enforce the laws.
What laws?
I suspect he was refering to immigration laws. You know, the ones that say foreigners need a visa to enter the country and that they need to leave before it expires. It's possible he also meant the laws that require businesses to verify that a person is entitled to work here before hiring them.
OK Chuck ... now your just being unrealistic. It's also against the Geneva convention to enslave your prisoners from other countries whether it be during time of war or peace.
Who said anything about slavery? What I said was if people don't belong here, find them and send them home. They are remarkably easy to find. Make it the duty of all law enforcement agents, not just a select few, to take action when they find immigration violations. Penalize business who are caught employing them. Take away the potential for money and make it harder to stay, and there would be much less incentive for coming here.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:40 PM
STLPilot

I suspect he was refering to immigration laws. You know, the ones that say foreigners need a visa to enter the country and that they need to leave before it expires.
Wow, pretty tough penalty. Send them home ... jeez that's going to really stop them!

Penalize business who are caught employing them. Take away the potential for money and make it harder to stay, and there would be much less incentive for coming here.
So your solution is to penalize Americans for something a Mexican does wrong, another ingenious idea which will only make them move somewhere else. Are you talking about a Constitutional Amendment to fix this problem or does every state have to agree with what the gov't enforces?

A Mexican is remarkable easy to find. Tell me something, have you ever been out of North Carolina before? You also do realize that Puerto Rico is an American territory and there are millions of them living here in the USA. Do you think it's easy for the goverment to just start asking to see their ID's? I mean up here in NYC people are having a fit over cops checking bags for bombs. How do you think everyday people will feel about being asked to show ID. Do you not know in most states police cannot ask to see ID without probable cause? Probable cause is not someone that looks like he/she could be a Mexican.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:49 PM
50%plane

Enforce the laws.
What laws? They are MEXICANS not Americans. How do you enforce the laws of other countries? Do we fine Mexico? I don't think it will effect their credit too much in Mexico if we send them a bill and they don't pay it.
Yes, but when they enter America(U.S.A.), they MUST obey our laws. If they're was no penalty for a crime, then what would stop you from killing someone you don't like? What would stop you from stealing from others? Where would you find any moral compass? There are laws against entering America(U.S.A.) without permission for the American(U.S.A.) government.

Woops
Old 01-20-2006, 02:52 PM
STLPilot

Woops I'm pretty up to speed that once they commit a crime on our soil they become bound to our laws, but until then the only thing they've done is cross a border.

Your going to step 3 without resolving step 2.

Why don't we just go to war with Mexico, that will fix it! Remember the Alamo!

Heck since you want to build this superfortress on the border it's very befitting. Another cold war, only this time with the Mexicans!

Do you still realize that coal is the dirtiest and deadliest form of energy emissions and waste don't you? How does this save mother earth? You never got back to me on that one.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:57 PM
50%plane

Woops I'm pretty up to speed that once they commit a crime on our soil they become bound to our laws, but until then the only thing they've done is cross a border.

Your going to step 3 without resolving step 2.

Why don't we just go to war with Mexico, that will fix it! Remember the Alamo!

Heck since you want to build this superfortress on the border it's very befitting. Another cold war, only this time with the Mexicans!
ROTFLMHO
Crossing the border without permission IS breaking the law.

BTW, do you even know much about the cold war?? You might want to read up on some history.

Woops
Old 01-20-2006, 03:03 PM
piper_chuck

I suspect he was refering to immigration laws. You know, the ones that say foreigners need a visa to enter the country and that they need to leave before it expires.
Wow, pretty tough penalty. Send them home ... jeez that's going to really stop them!

Penalize business who are caught employing them. Take away the potential for money and make it harder to stay, and there would be much less incentive for coming here.
So your solution is to penalize Americans for something a Mexican does wrong, another ingenious idea which will only make them move somewhere else. Are you talking about a Constitutional Amendment to fix this problem or does every state have to agree with what the gov't enforces?
There is more than one wrong here, and I'm surprised that a businessman of your "vison" can't see this. The Mexican is wrong for being here illegally. The business person is wrong for hiring someone who is not entitled to work in this country. No Constitutional ammendment is required, these laws are already in place. Stop and THINK these things through before writing knee jerk responses
A Mexican is remarkable easy to find. Tell me something, have you ever been out of North Carolina before?
Awww shucks, now there's a tough question! I won't even dignify it with an answer.
Do you think it's easy for the goverment to just start asking to see their ID's? I mean up here in NYC people are having a fit over cops checking bags for bombs. How do you think everyday people will feel about being asked to show ID. Do you not know in most states police cannot ask to see ID without probable cause? Probable cause is not someone that looks like he/she could be a Mexican.
If we as a country wanted to fix this problem, it can be fixed. Instead, people just make up excuses why it can't be done.

Take the Chinese restaurant example again. State labor board checks how many people are covered by the restaurant's tax, social security, unemployment, etc payments. Armed with this information, a couple quick spot checks will determine whether there are more than the reported number of employees. If the place has more than they have reported, there's probable cause enough to start checking IDs.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:22 PM
STLPilot

ROTFLMHO
Thanks for the update. But what is your policy on penalizing them? I'm really interested.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:31 PM
50%plane

ROTFLMHO
Thanks for the update. But what is your policy on penalizing them? I'm really interested.
You wouldn't understand it. You obviously don't know the laws regarding it. But I'll let you take a guess if you want. I'll even tell you if you're right.

Woops
Old 01-20-2006, 03:32 PM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: piper_chuck

A Mexican is remarkable easy to find. Tell me something, have you ever been out of North Carolina before?
Awww shucks, now there's a tough question! I won't even dignify it with an answer.
Since you're such a man of the world, I'd love to hear about your travels. What countries have you been to? Please differentiate between the ones you traveled to as an individual versus being a government controlled number.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:32 PM
50%plane

BTW, STLPilot, take a couple hours to read up on all the possibilities as I probably won't be on for a few hours.

Woops
Old 01-20-2006, 03:39 PM
STLPilot

Well Chuck your ideas merit an "attaboy" because they sound somewhat realistic. The only problem is the ACLU isn't too hip with ideas like you've addressed and I can assure you that they are a tough crowd.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:43 PM
STLPilot

If the place has more than they have reported, there's probable cause enough to start checking IDs.
So you busted up a few Chinese restaurants and perhaps put them out of business. Great plan, now what? Pretty small scope.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:47 PM
piper_chuck

If the place has more than they have reported, there's probable cause enough to start checking IDs.
So you busted up a few Chinese restaurants and perhaps put them out of business. Great plan, now what? Pretty small scope.
Use some of that "vision" of yours. The same thing can be applied to many different businesses.

Edit: I really don't want to put Chinese restaurants out of business. I like Chinese food, even if the stuff served here isn't really "Chinese food".
Old 01-20-2006, 03:51 PM
piper_chuck

Well Chuck your ideas merit an "attaboy" because they sound somewhat realistic.
This humble "hillbilly" appreciates your "attaboy". I think I'll go open a bottle of "recipe" and have me a celebration!
Old 01-20-2006, 03:57 PM
STLPilot

It's funny how this turned towards illegals. When do we start talking about jews and blacks and what they do wrong to society? Who else do we need to put on the hate list?
Old 01-20-2006, 04:41 PM
TheParrot

I've been following STL's last thread and this one and all I have to say is wow...
Old 01-20-2006, 05:12 PM
STLPilot

Wow which way?
Old 01-20-2006, 05:36 PM
50%plane

It's funny how this turned towards illegals. When do we start talking about jews and blacks and what they do wrong to society? Who else do we need to put on the hate list?
I have a better idea. Let's talk about all those New Englanders that assume that they are right and you are wrong and, therefore, don't half pay attention to what you say or write. How can we help them? Any ideas?

Woops
Old 01-20-2006, 05:47 PM
STLPilot

Ha! Good point, I'm not a big fan of them either, they have weird accents. They all sound like JFK. But I wouldn't kick them out of the country because of it.

Note to Woops: New York is not part of New England. Just like Texas is it's own country (you wish).

Note to Woops: I'm not from New York, I just make globs and globs of money here, like the rest of them.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:08 PM
TheParrot

Wow which way?
Wow in response to your complete lack of understanding of our government, country and it's history. When I read your arguments I feel like I'm back in high school, debating the dumb fat kid who is convinced that what he read online is completely right even when people completely destroy his argument, then he keeps hiding behind what someone else said. Your arguments in both threads have been brought down, but you seem to cling to argumentum ad hominem, which would be attacking the person instead of their argument. People like you drive me crazy because it is not possible to have a good debate with them. Your generalizations and inability to even listen to the other sides argument, (while humorous) completely void any argument you are trying to make. This is why I gave up debating with people over the election and the war and the Patriot Act. It was clear that I was not going to change anyones mind because as soon as I argued against Bush, the war, or the Patriot Act, I was declared un-American or a hippie or a terrorist. Perhaps in the future your grasp of how our country is run and more importantly how it was MEANT to be run will improve and we can have a proper debate. I look forward to it.

PS Just because I can, I felt I would take the time to find you a map of New England. Please note that New York is on this map.
http://www.newpaltz.edu/about/newenglandmap.gif
Old 01-20-2006, 06:12 PM
STLPilot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.