Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Ama

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 10:01 PM
bigbigjoe
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ama

I think the AMA sucks. The insurance is only secondary insurance. The magazine is a joke. The dues keep getting higher. Who needs the AMA headquarters. They are spending too much money on themselves because they have a monopoly on this hobby. In my club nobody ever recalls AMA paying on any insurance claim of any kind. We usually have between 80 and 90 members and the club has been in existance since the mid 50's.
Old 01-11-2003, 10:17 PM
Silvanskii
My Feedback: (17)

Default Ama

Well most clubs rent their land and not very many land owners would want an RC site anywhere even near them that didn't have SOME kind of insurance.
Old 01-12-2003, 01:18 AM
dennis1943
My Feedback: (12)

Default nice

nice to see that some of the ama membership is waking up, dont forget that elections are coming up, we do need a change.

dennis1943
Old 01-12-2003, 03:00 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Ama

Originally posted by bigbigjoe
I think the AMA sucks. The insurance is only secondary insurance. The magazine is a joke. The dues keep getting higher. Who needs the AMA headquarters. They are spending too much money on themselves because they have a monopoly on this hobby. In my club nobody ever recalls AMA paying on any insurance claim of any kind. We usually have between 80 and 90 members and the club has been in existance since the mid 50's.
In an insane world the sane person would appear insane...

I thank you for sharing the same feelings I have reiterated here in these forums. We are not alone...change will be forthcoming...in the end we will all benefit from these changes.
Old 01-12-2003, 06:06 AM
Dave Bowles
My Feedback: (7)

Default AMA

:stupid: Nice Post Big Joe, well thought out and so much factual information, I am very glad non of the people in or around your club have not had to file a claim or had an accedent.

Just a slight correction, AMA is Primary insurance for the Land Owner and the Club, Many people think thier Homowners or renters insurance will cover thier butts and it probably will but does it cover the Clubs butt and the Land Owners butt? Most Likely NO , Because AMA insurance is not going to cover an accedent caused by a NON AMA member.

Your club is not forced to use AMA , AMA does not force anyone to be a member , AMA insurance simply will not cover anyone who is not a member . Your land owner is free to let anyone fly who he/she wants to.