Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Email

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 10:09 AM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Email

I joined the AMA this morning via the website which told me a conformation email had been sent. Its been a couple hours now and i haven't received it yet.

Is it because its the weekend ?

I'd like to go to the local clubs flying field today and tomorrow but without proof they might not let me fly.

Any thoughts on why i never received the email ?

Thanks,

"Edit to answer my own question."

The AMA does not work on the weekends and no emails will be sent until the following business day.
John
Old 05-19-2007, 10:37 AM
SSRCCPREZ

Default RE: Email

You should have printed out the page that showed you are all paid. I believe if you have an AMA number you can go into the website and check the status based on your name and number. Print this out....It should eork, but I would contact a club official to find out what is acceptable.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:36 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

I has been said, "Your failure to plan ahead does not constitue an emergency on my part."
ORIGINAL: wahoo

I joined the AMA this morning via the website which told me a conformation email had been sent. Its been a couple hours now and i haven't received it yet.

Is it because its the weekend ?

I'd like to go to the local clubs flying field today and tomorrow but without proof they might not let me fly.

Any thoughts on why i never received the email ?

Thanks,
John
Old 05-20-2007, 07:43 PM
wahoo

I asked a simple question about the AMA sending an email on a weekend and a moderator (of all people) tells me that my poor planning doesn't make it an emergency on his part.

Am i missing something here or what ?

John
Old 05-21-2007, 05:09 AM
Mode One

It's only a saying, John. Although the weekend is now over, I would hope you got an answer from someone in the Club you wish to fly at. The AMA has no control over how the local clubs conduct their membership programs, nor do the individuals responding to your questions, here. So, it would be best to ask these question of your local club. Good luck with this.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:12 AM
wahoo

I called the AMA. The woman who anwered the phone told me they do not process applications on the weekends and to give the email another 24 hours.

As far as the club. The guys there are a great bunch and had no trouble with allowing me to fly as a guest.

MODE ONE. I know and use the "saying" quite a bit in my line of work. The point being is the response i received had nothing to do with my original post.

Like my grandad used to say some people can talk for an hour and never say a word.

John
Old 05-21-2007, 09:37 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

had no trouble with allowing me to fly as a guest.
As the President and Instructor Pilot at my club; that is what I have done. You can fly as an Intro Pilot for 60 days with a designated intro pilot instructor without even having to join the AMA.

Rafael