Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Where's Oberdieck?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Where's Oberdieck?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 09:16 AM
Newc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where's Oberdieck?

I applaud RC Universe for inviting the three (3) AMA candidates for President to have direct communications with their potential constituency and am pleased to see that Rich Hanson and Dave Mathewson have chosen to allow themselves to be questioned about issues of interest to the individual modelers and AMA members.

I find it most interesting – but not really surprising - that Bill Oberdieck, the third candidate, has chosen to not accept the RCU invitation. The reason that I am not surprised to see Mr. Oberdieck decline the RCU invitation is that I was formerly a member of a club in his District (VII) before moving to a different state, and during the time that he has been a District VP he was known – at least by the club of which I was a member – as out of touch and arrogant toward individual clubs and their concerns and problems. He was never seen at our club or at our club’s two fields despite living in the area. The previous District VP was frequently seen at our fields, including flying there.

I haven’t yet decided for whom I will vote, but I know that I won’t vote for Mr. Oberdieck, and his lack of response to the RCU invitation should be quite telling to others as well.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:17 AM
KidEpoxy

Default RE: Where's Oberdieck?

Considering the good behavior we had in the candidate forum, I find it dissapointing that the third candidate didnt follow suit even after the other two tested the water for him.

I'm pretty sure thet if Hoss had been a candidate, we would not be having this conversation about his RCU attendance.

And in a few years when Jugflier runs, more than likely he will be posting a whole lot here at RCU.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Bill Oberdieck has always shied away from any discussions on the Internet. He probably shares the same view of it as does Dave Brown as inicated by statements like "It's just like 90% of the yahoo's who spent their lives on the mailing lists."
Old 10-04-2007, 11:15 AM
JUGFLIER

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield

Bill Oberdieck has always shied away from any discussions on the Internet. He probably shares the same view of it as does Dave Brown as inicated by statements like "It's just like 90% of the yahoo's who spent their lives on the mailing lists."

Sounds like someone who still flies single channel pulse control on a Heathkit.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:24 PM
704hank
My Feedback: (1)

HAY!
MY HEATHKIT STILL WORKS
Old 10-05-2007, 02:06 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield

Bill Oberdieck has always shied away from any discussions on the Internet.
If I am not mistaken he was a regular here under the name stalspin or something like that. He was particularly obstinate and obnoxious.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Newc

//snip//
I find it most interesting – but not really surprising - that Bill Oberdieck, the third candidate, has chosen to not accept the RCU invitation. The reason that I am not surprised to see Mr. Oberdieck decline the RCU invitation is that I was formerly a member of a club in his District (VII) before moving to a different state, and during the time that he has been a District VP he was known – at least by the club of which I was a member – as out of touch and arrogant toward individual clubs and their concerns and problems. He was never seen at our club or at our club’s two fields despite living in the area. The previous District VP was frequently seen at our fields, including flying there.

I haven’t yet decided for whom I will vote, but I know that I won’t vote for Mr. Oberdieck, and his lack of response to the RCU invitation should be quite telling to others as well.
When one gives the devil his due, one must at least allude to the fact that the Dist VII members have had ample opportunities to vote him out.

Now read his statement in the Oct. MA and you will find that Mr. Oberdieck takes issue with your statements. He says he has an open door 24/7 policy. He says he has served the membership with ".... intigrity and honesty.

Mr. Oberdieck promises to do considerable "encouraging" and "promoting" as he claims to have already been ".... instrumental in proposing..."

How can you deny all those ambiguous promises and claims? [:'(]
Old 10-05-2007, 01:30 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

Herr BO has actually answered a question in his campaign forum over on RCG.
guess he is just afraid of us over here.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:54 PM
Liberator

ORIGINAL: mongo

Herr BO has actually answered a question in his campaign forum over on RCG.
guess he is just afraid of us over here.

Hell I"M afraid of you guys and I'm not even running!

Clint Eastwood said (as Dirty Harry) "A man's got to know his limitations" perhaps that is what applies here.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:51 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is to gain?
Old 10-05-2007, 09:57 PM
JUGFLIER

ORIGINAL: PLANE JIM

what is to gain?

especially when you aren't supposed to win.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Mode One

Quote LCS "He was particularly obstinate and obnoxious". Is this is the pot calling the kettle black?
Old 10-07-2007, 12:28 PM
KidEpoxy

"Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post"
I read that somewhere, I think its important.

Maybe I'm just reading it wrong, perhaps Obstinate & Obnoxious is a term of endearment toward LCS.
If so, I'm glad you guys are getting along better.
Just dont start holding hands or people will talk about you as an Item.

Other than the shot at LCS, the rest of your post seemed insiteful & though provoking
Old 10-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not a member of his district, but I've called Bill from the west coast numerous times, forgetting about the time differences between the two locations. Some of those calls were a bit on the late side. Funny thing is, he always has taken the time to speak with me, at great length when required, without any rudeness or grousing. Some of the discussions were about AMA matters, some about engines. Whenever I send an e-mail I get an answer. Rather quickly I might add. That's more than I can say for some communications I've had with other AMA staff.

I don't know how his district is handled, but I know that if I was needing to contact someone in the AMA he would be one of the first I went to because he's always there for a response. That means a lot to me. I don't need anyone to hold my hand 24-7, but answers to questions and responses/actions to issues are what matter from where I see things. My vote goes to Bill Oberdieck.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:46 AM
BillyGoat

ORIGINAL: Hossfly
When one gives the devil his due, one must at least allude to the fact that the Dist VII members have had ample opportunities to vote him out.
You mean like the entire membership had plenty of opportunity to vote out Dave Brown? For some reason people vote for the incumbent.

I too lived in Bill’s district and had an opportunity to ask him some questions regarding the AMA. What a true politician, really knows how answer a question without answering it.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:18 AM
KidEpoxy

"For some reason people vote for the incumbent."

Are you talking about 1 name ballots, or something else?
Cause when there is only 1 name on the ballot, there is no mystery how incumbents win.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:49 PM
BillyGoat

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

"For some reason people vote for the incumbent."

Are you talking about 1 name ballots, or something else?
Cause when there is only 1 name on the ballot, there is no mystery how incumbents win.
Something else… I believe many AMA members are indifferent to who runs the show. So they vote for the incumbent (the name they know), even if they are not satisfied with the status quo.