RCU Forums - View Single Post - Where's Oberdieck?
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 09:16 AM
Newc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where's Oberdieck?

I applaud RC Universe for inviting the three (3) AMA candidates for President to have direct communications with their potential constituency and am pleased to see that Rich Hanson and Dave Mathewson have chosen to allow themselves to be questioned about issues of interest to the individual modelers and AMA members.

I find it most interesting – but not really surprising - that Bill Oberdieck, the third candidate, has chosen to not accept the RCU invitation. The reason that I am not surprised to see Mr. Oberdieck decline the RCU invitation is that I was formerly a member of a club in his District (VII) before moving to a different state, and during the time that he has been a District VP he was known – at least by the club of which I was a member – as out of touch and arrogant toward individual clubs and their concerns and problems. He was never seen at our club or at our club’s two fields despite living in the area. The previous District VP was frequently seen at our fields, including flying there.

I haven’t yet decided for whom I will vote, but I know that I won’t vote for Mr. Oberdieck, and his lack of response to the RCU invitation should be quite telling to others as well.