Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Should we pay PPP to renew as PPP?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.
View Poll Results: A poll
Nothing, we shouldnt buy renewals of a subsidized program
81.25%
$5 AMA merchandize object mailed to them
0%
$10 AMA merchandize object mailed to them
0%
$20 AMA merchandize object mailed to them
0%
$29.95 AMA merchandize object mailed to them
3.13%
$30 or over of merchandise for a $29 membership
15.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Should we pay PPP to renew as PPP?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 01:48 PM
KidEpoxy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should we pay PPP to renew as PPP?

How much should we give 2008 PPP members
to entice them to renew as subsidized $29 2009 PPP?

How much should Muncie buy 2008PPP's $29 2009Renewal with?

edit:
SWAG is free loot/booty/LogoStuff, such as an AMA/AMA* Tee shirt
(just looked at AMA store, no adult Tees under $12.9)

edit2:
I just went ahead and change 'swag' to merchandise to abolutely eliminate misunderstanding.
The $30 is like the others, but with more $ involved.

*PPP

Old 11-23-2008, 01:50 PM
KidEpoxy

Default RE: Should we pay PPP to renew as PPP?

With mine as the only vote so far,
the poll is 100% a) Give them nuthin

I think we can just project that out as an overall sweep of option A,
so maybe I should close the poll
Old 11-23-2008, 01:55 PM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

Looks like it's unanimous now.

They get an incredible value for their $29 now as do open members for $58. No need to sweeten the pot.

What's a "swag" listed in choice #6?

I know what's in post #1 though:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65079.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	1077419  
Old 11-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Muroc1

Will the results of this poll be forwarded to your DVP to let them know the opinions expressed here?

Frank
Old 11-23-2008, 02:54 PM
KidEpoxy

Frank
Sure, why not. I can shoot a link/quote of it to DM/JAC too... like what, Dec15 sound good?
Of course, that might be a little redundant given the recent lunkers from Indiana we've had.

. . .

<note>
I just went ahead and change 'swag' to merchandise to abolutely eliminate misunderstanding.
The $30 is like the others, but with more $ involved.

If either of the 2 folks that chose the $30 option before this edit would like to change their vote,
make yourselves known and we will understand.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:49 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why do we need to entice the PPP members?
Old 11-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Muroc1

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

Frank
Sure, why not. I can shoot a link/quote of it to DM/JAC too... like what, Dec15 sound good?
Of course, that might be a little redundant given the recent lunkers from Indiana we've had.
That's good. Since you are well aware, people can say all they want on these forums, but until it is brought to the attention of your DVP, that's where it stays -On the forums.

Although I doubt the 100 or so opinions expressed here will get the desired results you seek.

Frank

Old 11-23-2008, 05:30 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Look at it like this, we paid dearly for the PPP members who signed up so far, roughly $170-$200 per head. If all the PPPers who are in the fold now re-up every year for the next 7 years with no maintenance, administrative or upkeep costs, the AMA might break even on the original fiasco.
It would have been less expensive to just pass out ARF Strykers or free magazines for the next 10 years.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:52 PM
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

Look at it like this, we paid dearly for the PPP members who signed up so far, roughly $170-$200 per head. If all the PPPers who are in the fold now re-up every year for the next 7 years with no maintenance, administrative or upkeep costs, the AMA might break even on the original fiasco.
It would have been less expensive to just pass out ARF Strykers or free magazines for the next 10 years.
Or look at it this way: it cost you about a can and a half of Butt-wiper beer out of your 58 bucks to fund the experiment.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:16 PM
combatpigg

.....or you could say that it cost every man that ever walked the face of the Earth only .00000001 cents. You can either face the facts head on or you can rationalize.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:33 PM
abel_pranger

ORIGINAL: 804

Or look at it this way: it cost you about a can and a half of Butt-wiper beer out of your 58 bucks to fund the experiment.

804-

I think CP is on to something with the figures he cited. Give reformed PPP members a free year of Open membership on condition they never re-up for PPP, and AMA is way ahead of the game. I might even switch from Buttwiper to Sheitz if that happened.

Abel
Old 11-23-2008, 10:56 PM
KidEpoxy

The poll really is limited in scope as to just the numeric amount we should give PPP to renew as PPP.

I have seen some good ideas put forth, but lets just accumulate numerical data in this thread and discuss some of these retention/upgrade ideas in another thread.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:54 AM

.....or you could say that it cost every man that ever walked the face of the Earth only .00000001 cents. You can either face the facts head on or you can rationalize.
Nope. Only AMA members paid for it. If model airplane flying and AMA were like taxes, you might have a point.

But you don't.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:05 AM

I'm not for any more incentives for PPP. I've said before, let it stand on its own. If it can't, PPP should go away.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:11 PM
Kanain

As my AMA number shows, I am a Lifetime member. Any renewal 'incentive' would be considered WASTED by my frame of reference. Nobody "enticed" me to join or renew and I did not sign up for a tiered membership system, nor do I support it.

that being said, I am a rational human being. I do understand the potential loss of both revenue and membership by not addressing the park flyer demographic. However, there is also the potential risk and bad press associated with an untrained individual flying a "toy" airplane around - flying into person or property. How does any of that get addressed in the Park Flyer Program? Where is the drive or incentive for the PPP member to upgrading to an Opem membership?

I hope on some level this 'experiment' shows merit. As some of my prior post will show, I believe in the educating our children and involving them in aviation. I hold to the AMA's need for generating new membership and getting people involved in model aviation. I just do not know if this is the way to go about it. How many Open members down graded to save money?

Should we allow for ANY monetary incentive to renew - HELL NO.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:45 PM
combatpigg

ORIGINAL: 804

Nope. Only AMA members paid for it. If model airplane flying and AMA were like taxes, you might have a point.

But you don't.

Just as pointless as your assertion that $1.50 from each and every member is no big deal.

I think you're starting to catch on .
Old 12-05-2008, 01:22 PM
crash99

Look, I support the PPP. I do not see any reason the AMA needs to put anything into this program for 2009 excluding ads in the mag and talking about this at events. Now if the foamie folks want to give the AMA cupons to go with the renew membership I can see no problem with it. I don't want to see the PPP fail. Lets see how the membership works through May. If it seems to fail then we should address what needs to be done if anything.

Crash99