Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

MA, PP, & YP magazines?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

MA, PP, & YP magazines?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 02:20 PM
KidEpoxy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MA, PP, & YP magazines?

You guys saw this in the EC minutes, right?

8.d. Marketing (Appendix III)
Committee discussed an overall Youth Marketing Strategy which would incorporate a new youth membership structure/program.
Are we looking at a new program, the discount YPP and its own YP (Youth Pilot) magazine?

What new structure is being looked at to replace
[i]"You get everything for just $1, or $15 with MA magazine"[/i
Old 02-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Muroc1

Default RE: MA, PP, & YP magazines?

I think it's part of the spending package that Obama is looking to sign. Not to worry Ken.

Frank
Old 02-08-2009, 03:20 PM
abel_pranger

Saw it, yes. Looking forward to hearing more. Curious..........current youth program is $1/head for full-fare membership, so there doesn't appear to be much room to make it more salient. Ergo, initial reaction is it doesn't appear to be broke so don't fix it. OTOH, maybe the "program" is just an attempt to make the 'yutes' more aware of the existing opportunity (it was brought up in the context of Marketing).

If I had my druthers, the demographic group that AMA would be focusing on for retention is the ones that have 'graduated' from the youth program, and become starving students with precious little time to enjoy the benefits of AMA membership. That's something that does seem to be broke - AMA invested in fostering their interest in modeling while Mom and Pop paid all their bills, only to lose them when they go off to college because AMA dues take a quantum jump just as other costs and time demands become a priority. Seems to me more productive to promote retention of young folks already into modeling and AMA, rather than shotgunning the general population.

Abel
Old 02-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Kemosobie

I would tell you, but.......