Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Piper Cub ARC

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Piper Cub ARC

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 07:57 AM
Cyberwolf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piper Cub ARC

Hi guys
Just wondering if anyone has ever built an ISC International Piper Cub ARC
If so I would like to know the likes and disslikes of the build.
Thanks for any info.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:59 AM
mimoore67
My Feedback: (51)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Piper Cub ARC

I have built this plane back in the 1994 or 1995. I had a Zenoah G23, with a Super Cub Cowling that I got from Fiberglass Specialties and wheel pants. This was the Clipped wing version! It was a little heavy and very unforgiving upon landing, if you did anything other than fly it on. The gear was very stiff and if you bounced it, it was a tip stalling fool!

Good Luck!
Old 02-04-2011, 05:41 PM
Cyberwolf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Piper Cub ARC

Hummmmm Thanks for the input, I myself am building it for a fellow flyer due to mainly the lack of his building expertise. So far it been 100% nothing fits right *L*
I have 2 sets of wings the short one is 80 Inches and the other is longer but not the scale wing around 90-95 I would guess W/O putting a tape to it.
He just delivered a DLE-30 for the power, yours being heavy has me a little concerned now. I figured I would need to put all the servos in the tail area to offset the 30 CC engine but I have not got anywhere near that far yet.Sticking all the wood on the struts is a major PITA! and they also need to be interchangable to both wings.
Anyway thanks again for the input, I will do my best to keep the weight down as much as possible, but as we both know there is only so much a person can do and still have it air worthy.
Oh since I am not all that familiar with the engine you used did you go with a pits style muffler or just cut it up and use the stock muff ?