Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Escapade engine question

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Escapade engine question

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 05:50 PM
tes21966

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Escapade engine question

I have got a GP Escapade (small one) that I am getting ready to assemble. I also have an OS 52 FS that is currently without a plane. My question is: is this enough engine for this plane? It is on the low end of the engine spectrum suggested by GP and I wanted to get the expertise of this forum.

Thanks
Old 10-10-2012, 06:03 PM
proteus_X3
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Escapade engine question

ORIGINAL: tes21966

I have got a GP Escapade (small one) that I am getting ready to assemble. I also have an OS 52 FS that is currently without a plane. My question is: is this enough engine for this plane? It is on the low end of the engine spectrum suggested by GP and I wanted to get the expertise of this forum.

Thanks
IMHO if you use the OS 52 FS you will be very disappointed,I had a OS .46FS 2- stroke on my .40 size with a Mac tuned pipe on myEscapade and the plane flew well with it.In fact I have no use for the engine since I cashed my Escapade,you can have it cheap with the MAC tuned pipe,Pm me if your interested. Cheers: Rich
Old 10-11-2012, 04:45 AM
tes21966

Thanks Rich. I have a couple of TT PRO 46s. I have just had the OS for a couple of years and looking something to put it on. I last had it on a Dazzler and liked the way it ran. Since then everything has gone bigger and I just want a lazy flyer for the backyard on the days I do not want to go to the field.

Tommy
Old 10-11-2012, 05:43 AM
landeck
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of my flying buddies has the Escapade 40 with an OS 53 FS and it flies very well. I have a Magnum .46 XLS in my 4 year old Escapade and that is all of the power it needs. Either of your engines will be very satisfactory.

Bruce
Old 10-11-2012, 06:00 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: tes21966 ..........and I just want a lazy flyer for the backyard on the days I do not want to go to the field.......
[8D] Yes , your OS 52 will fly the plane in the manner in which you intend . I own an escapade also , and power it with the newer version of that engine , the OS 56 FSA .

If you looking for a fun flyer , and not too worried about proving to the world how big your nuts are by the amount of "unlimited vertical" your plane can attain , you will have a lot of fun with that combo .
Old 10-11-2012, 06:45 AM
proteus_X3
My Feedback: (16)

ORIGINAL: init4fun

ORIGINAL: tes21966 ..........and I just want a lazy flyer for the backyard on the days I do not want to go to the field.......
[8D] Yes , your OS 52 will fly the plane in the manner in which you intend . I own an escapade also , and power it with the newer version of that engine , the OS 56 FSA .

If you looking for a fun flyer , and not too worried about proving to the world how big your nuts are by the amount of "unlimited vertical" your plane can attain , you will have a lot of fun with that combo .
Hehe I guess I fit in thiscategory"better too have it and never need it..than to need it and not have it" Cheers: Rich

Old 10-11-2012, 07:20 AM
tes21966

Thanks. Dont give a rats ass about vertical. Generally I fly on the deck with fast stuff Dubb Jett equiped vipers and YS 140 Little Toni, Dubb Jett Magnum. The speed makes the pieces go into the bag easier. I have the gassers too but all these require loading up and going to the flying field which is several miles away. This plane will be something to grab and go behind the house just to relax before dark. Going to try the 52 and see if it will fit the bill. If not, can always back up and punt.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:41 PM
gmeyer-RCU
My Feedback: (9)

I flew my escapade with a Supertigre 40 and it had PLENTY of power still have it too I never understood all the posts about needing a 55ax got one of those too never even considered putting it on must be the ring hmmmmm. Greg
Old 10-13-2012, 05:21 PM
skysfallin
My Feedback: (10)

I built one of these with a Magnum 52 four stroke for a friend of mine,and didn't think it would do very well but to my surprise it flew very well. Not as fast as a 46 OS but none the less it did ok. I would not hesitate to put another one together.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:44 PM
tes21966

Weather permitting, I will know tomorrow.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:21 PM
tes21966

I LOVE THIS LITTLE PLANE!! Flew the Escapade today and it was a great. The little OS 52 was a perfect match. Several club members flew it and were also impressed. I pinned the elevator hinges last night as an added precaution. No it is not a speed demon or a 3D plane but it is a blast to fly.

I had stated that it was being built as a grab and go plane for just beating around with in the back yard but after today, it now has a spot in the trailer.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:06 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

[8D] Cool , I'm glad you like it .

I figured I'd show ya a couple of shots of mine . It's got the OS56FSA (and yes , the valvecover IS blue , , crappy cell phone pix [:@] ) , and also an electrodynamics co. on board glow plug heater , A123 receiver pack , aluminum spinner with wood prop , Dubro wheels , and all the decals stripped off . Pilots gone too , I never put pilots in my planes , I like to joke about that being MY seat ...

Once ya get bored , or just go lookin for a different low buck fun flyer , You could also look at the Uproar arf . It's even cheaper than the Escapade , and a really great little plane too . I do happen to have mine powered by an OS wankel , but any decent .40 will make a screamer out of it . This is a good candidate for an Unlimited Vertical kind of machine , just in case the mood strikes
Old 11-12-2012, 05:34 PM
jeffie8696

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ihave so far flown my Epade with an Irvine 36, 46 and 53, an OS46SF and a Magnum 52RFS. The Magnum flew it really well, not a speed demon but Iliked the way it flew with it. I will be bolting on a Saito 62 next,,,,,,,,,, and some skis.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtBmcXQpUYk
Old 08-19-2013, 08:34 PM
jeffie8696

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never got around to the Saito with skis, but I did manage to bolt on a Super Tigre V60 and Super Tigre GS40. Had trouble with the V60 and only got 2 flights but it will be going back on some day, the GS40 was a good match, at first with the 10X6 it was fast but didn't lift off very well (my plane is pretty well fuel soaked and heavy) so an 11X5 was perfect. I still like the way the 52 four stroke flew it.