Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

The Sig T-Clips 70 thread

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

The Sig T-Clips 70 thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 04:35 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Well, sad day for me on Sunday. I did something dumb, blame it on the weather. It was humid and sweat was getting in my eyes. I was practicing slow flying and stalled it without enough altitude and it spum into the ground. Thankfully nose first straight in so the damage is not too bad and the engine is OK. If it went in at an agle, good chance of breaking something on the engine or smashing the wings. Only thing for the wings is replacing the aluminum wing tube, or fly with dihedrahl! Need a new cowl and windshield, which are on back order of course.

So question for those with this plane, what are you flying it with? I see a couple here who mentioned the engine. I might replace the FG-11 with something lighter to get a little more speed out of it. One of the reasons I lost it was not enough power. I had throttled up just as the right wing dropped, and if it were my Something Extra it would have pulled up and out, but I just could not get any airspeed.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:15 PM
thebluemax
My Feedback: (151)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by acdii

So question for those with this plane, what are you flying it with? I see a couple here who mentioned the engine. I might replace the FG-11 with something lighter to get a little more speed out of it. One of the reasons I lost it was not enough power. I had throttled up just as the right wing dropped, and if it were my Something Extra it would have pulled up and out, but I just could not get any airspeed.

Sorry to hear about your mishap. Hope you can get it back together.

I finally got mine airborne today. I got 4 good flights on it. Nothing bad to report. I am running a Laser 70 on 15% nitro and the engine was perfect. 9800 on the high end with 1900 on the idle. I needed a click of left aileron and a click of up trim. Ground handling was no problem on take off or landing but I do have a gyro only on the rudder. Which I definitely used it since I heard some of the bad ground handling stories here. On the take off of the third flight as the tail lifted up she flew right off the ground with no up elevator. It was a nice and smooth the roll out and not a jump up surprise. In the air she did rolls and loops like it was on rails. Overall I am happy with today's events. No video of today's flights but maybe the next time out our club camera guy will have his camera with him.
Old 11-19-2016, 08:03 PM
thebluemax
My Feedback: (151)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default T-clips pics

I now have about 20 flights on this plane and so far it has been a real winner. It is drawing a lot of attention at the field when she is in the air. I don't have any video yet but here are some pictures during a couple of flights this past week.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Froeder T Clips5.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	2190665   Click image for larger version

Name:	Froeder T Clips6.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	2190666   Click image for larger version

Name:	Froeder T Clips1.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	2190667   Click image for larger version

Name:	Froeder T Clips2.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	504.8 KB
ID:	2190668   Click image for larger version

Name:	Froeder T Clips3.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	2190669   Click image for larger version

Name:	Froeder T Clips4.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	2190670  
Old 11-19-2016, 09:05 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Just watch it when you do stall tests. It doesn't recover well without altitude. I still need to rebuild mine from doing a stupid thing with it that I can normally do with my Something Extra, and the Clips doesn't act the same way, it will drop a wing, and spin. OOPS.