Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

CG

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 10:18 AM
cotman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CG

bought this Skyliner MSX-R 30cc from general hobby. Did not receiver the CD with instruction. Can anyone tell me the CG on this plane. been told 100mm and 121mm. Not sure which is correct. thanks for any help
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mxr-s-30cc-yellow-101.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	2125683  
Old 10-16-2015, 12:47 PM
oly 9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cotman, I don't know for sure where the cg is on this airplane, but I will tell you that most std wing configs. will have the cg from 25 to 33% of the chord at the root. I build a lot of scratch built and I find I like about 33%. This is my personal favorite location.. Some of the guys I fly with like 25% were all different. You wont go wrong starting in this neighborhood and moving from there. I would start slightly nose heavy if your concerned and slowly move back until you find the sweet spot you like. I have also seen some mfgrs recommendations and tried the plane there and they were awful. They will give a spec. that is safe for a general skill level. Remember thy are selling a plane to experts and beginners. Good luck
Old 10-16-2015, 02:06 PM
CK1
My Feedback: (60)

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

cotman , I would start with setting the CG at 4-3/4 to 5 " at the root , balanced inverted . Note : the elevators are very sensitive even if using a forward CG ,use reduced rates and plenty of expo for initial flights until you get the CG dialed in . There are several flight trimming charts to be found online that will help with CG fine tuning ,lateral balancing etc...