Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

World models skyraider Mach 2 tip

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

World models skyraider Mach 2 tip

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 10:46 AM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default World models skyraider Mach 2 tip

Abut done with the world models skyraider Mach ll
WING JOINING TIP About 3 inchs forward from rear of wing drill a hole in the root ribs and use a short piece of 1/4
wood dowel as a second joiner and then Glue her up Also I cut a piece of 1/16 ply 1x4 inchs
score in middle and install with epoxy or thick CA at trailing edge where the bolts go thru
(top side) make sure to remove covering under it before gluing then paint or cover it to match
Old 02-16-2004, 11:15 AM
jsn
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: World models skyraider Mach 2 tip

Dan thanks for the tips... I used some of them when I put mine together bout 2 weeks ago. I got a real bad case of LAZY arse and still need to mount the motor and servos..... I think I'll finish it up today and do the maiden in the morning( I said the same thing to myself yesterday). Have you flown your's yet? it looks like is should fly nice..I hope it makes as good of a trainer as my last sig kit did, the only reason I retired it was it was just so dam UGLY after a couple of thousand flights!

John
Old 02-16-2004, 01:10 PM
AMB

Not yet still to install motor and servos gooked up tank compartment and engine mount area
with epoxy now dry ready to procede irvine 46 davis diesel head as previous post floored in side front with ply and installing dural gear 3 1/4 wheels the tundra bit for rough fields benched
engine yesterday hand starts 1 or 2 flips WE ARE SET
Old 02-16-2004, 06:46 PM
Carlos Murphy
My Feedback: (72)

I bought one Thursday afternoon, put it together in 3 hours minus radio and took it to my club meeting that night.
Finished her up the next day and put 5 flights on it Sunday, 2 were mine and 3 other guy's wanted a turn.
We are going to use them for combat and use 36 size engines, we were flying World 25 size combat planes with 36's on them but they were too fast so we will use the same engines on the larger Mach 2.
The plane is faster than I thought it would be but slower than the World Combat plane and with a 30 foot streamer to slow it down a little more it should be fine, after all, can't go wrong for 70 bucks for a good ARF.
It took 4 1/2 oz of lead to balance with the T.T.36 and 9/6 APC.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:35 PM
hlallen867
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if anyone cares or not but just flew mine today and all I can say is WOW! Handles great on takeoff flies great and lands at a crawl. Very maneuverable will do everything you ask it to. I only had to give it 2 clicks of right aileron and 2 clicks of up to fly it straight and level. I can't believe they sell this plane for under 70 buck it has now moved up to favorite plane status.