Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Soldering pushrods

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Soldering pushrods

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 03:29 AM
paulsen
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soldering pushrods

I read in the tip section of a review here in RCU on a Goldberg 1.20 ultimate ARF were the guy replaced the carbon fiber tube and wire V'ing out the rear to the elevator for two 2/56 wires in tubes soldered near the servo end running STRAIT out to the elevator. I thank the R/C god's I found this tip because it seem's to be the solution to an issue I have been struggling with for along time now (upgrading this seemingly sloppy linkage system). I have silver soldered threaded ends on wire before with a big hot soldering iron with good results, but never two rods side by side. I am not sure if I should get a torch for this or if the big hot iron will work or to be honest I'm not sure if just silver soldering two rods side by side is the only thing I need to do, like maybe I gotta wind small wire around the two rods then solder, or if just the solder is enough. Anyway any help would be appreciated.

Another thing to while I'm posting does anyone think that wrapping a Cline regulator in foam rubber then sort of loosely strapping it to the fire wall would be mounting it "to rigid"? Or should I just wrap it in foam rubber and let it bang around? They say in the manual mounting the regulator to rigid causes erratic operation.

Thank's all, Ike
Old 12-08-2006, 07:28 AM
pettit
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Soldering pushrods

Definitely wrap it with fine solid wire after cleaning both wires with sandpaper and alcohol first, apply flux and solder.

You don't ned a torch. A gun or iron will do just fine.

Clean the flux off completely to minimize corrosion.

On the Cline regulator, the fuel hoses will keep it in place if you clamp the hoses tightly to the carb with a tie wrap.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:07 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Soldering pushrods

Yes, get some thin copper wire. It's available wherever soldering supplies are sold and also in some craft stores