Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

KMP Beechcraft Bonanza's!

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

KMP Beechcraft Bonanza's!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 01:15 PM
drdoom
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP Beechcraft Bonanza's!

Those are the "S" model tips or Late Model tip, Top Flite and Byron kits came with those tips.
They are the good ones.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:13 PM
DMiller3638
My Feedback: (1)

I am a huge fan of scale models.. Wish there were more of the General Aviation types out there.. How about a Baron 58?! Or the Shrike!! This A-36 is beautiful! However for the money, yes.. Exact scale is a must. How about a cockpit kit, Lights as with the Cessna 310 model, definately scale the wngtips, and Please enclose the empenage pushrods!! They should be internal, not hangin out as with traditional models.. Get those things and you'll have my 700 bucks without a flinch!!
Old 11-04-2007, 09:14 PM
DMiller3638

Old 11-04-2007, 10:08 PM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DMiller3638

I am a huge fan of scale models.. Wish there were more of the General Aviation types out there.. How about a Baron 58?! Or the Shrike!! This A-36 is beautiful! However for the money, yes.. Exact scale is a must. How about a cockpit kit, Lights as with the Cessna 310 model, definately scale the wngtips, and Please enclose the empenage pushrods!! They should be internal, not hangin out as with traditional models.. Get those things and you'll have my 700 bucks without a flinch!!

after further review, I have to agree 100%. I was going to get one this winter but I will wait and see if they make any adjustments to the design. That along with their proposed 120 sized Tucano I am sold
Old 11-11-2007, 08:45 AM
zob007

Hi,

is anybody building this beautifull bonanza and ready to sahre some constructions pics?
Old 11-17-2007, 11:21 AM
Mr.3d
My Feedback: (6)

The wingtip change is a definite must.The rest of the airframe looks to be on par.Also it would be nice to see a tip tank option available as well.Many fullsize are tiptank equipped plus it gives it a sleek look. If they made these changes I be willing to pay 850 for the kit...
Oh what the hell make it 900 for the pleasing effort...............
Old 01-10-2008, 09:37 PM
kingtight

would a zenoah 20 or 26 be ideal for this airplane?
Old 01-11-2008, 01:25 PM
B Shipp
My Feedback: (13)

Not sure the 20 or 26 would work. The structure that is in place to support the nose wheel extends from the firewall to the front of the cowl. There is no way to mount a engine in the inverted position. I installed a 4-stroke in mine. I thought about a 2-stroke, but fitting a muffler would be very difficult because of the nose wheel mount.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:25 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Earned by wings in a 140 and 180...building TF's Arrow as we speak...yes a Piper would be nice.....
Old 01-19-2008, 06:11 PM
molyhotdog

ORIGINAL: B Shipp

I installed a 4-stroke in mine. I thought about a 2-stroke, but fitting a muffler would be very difficult because of the nose wheel mount.

What engine and size? Have you had it out yet? How much did yours end up weighing?

Thanks
Old 02-24-2008, 08:08 AM
Thai-fly

Just wanted to see what size engine has been installed in this model. Because of the frontal configuration options are limited. Will a 120 size 4 stroke be sifficient?
Old 04-30-2008, 12:29 PM
SLONLOW
My Feedback: (26)

I have purchased the V-Tail Version myself. It is a beautiful airplane and again KMP has outdone itself. Packageing was superb and all the parts arrived in perfect shape. Only problem was the nose wheel was missing since I opted to purchase the retracts from them as well. This was quickly remedied as they sent it to me right away. It was a packaging error. No big deal. I have so far epoxied the ailerons and flaps and elevators to wings and stabs. Building is going slow due to my work, engagement, wedding plans in Vegas in June, Trip to Los Angeles and Vegas to meet In-Laws and family coming in from the Philipines, not to mention getting ready to buy a house. With all that said, my future wife is very supportive of my hobby. YES!!!!! LOL!. I have opted to use an ASP 1.60 Twin. I have used one before on an RC Guys Cessna. Works beautifully. I tried it just eyeballing it in the cowl and it will fit without having to cut cowl. BUT, an extension will have to be made to bring the shaft out for clearance. I have a buddy who owns a machine shop and built a similar shaft for my other 160 on the Cessna. 20 flights and no problems. Hope to post pics soon on working progress. Anyone else building one?
Old 04-30-2008, 01:21 PM
M64

pics!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2008, 08:26 AM
SLONLOW

Pictures as promised. sorry long delay, been extremely busy...building on arf going slow...The ailerons and flaps as well as the elevators have been attached to their surfaces. KMP provides some carbon fiber sleeves that you are supposed to insert your hinge into then insert into the pre-drilled holes in the trailing edges. I omitted these as I did not see any improvements of their use and the you would actually have to make the holes bigger because they dont fit the predrilled holes in the trailing edges. Good'ol 30 minute epoxy works fine. I will use my ASP 160 twin. I used the same type engine on my Hanger 9 Cessna which weighed 20lbs loaded, scaled, and it lifted up in about 100ft with slight flap use. So it ought to pull this plane with authority as well. Wings and details are very nice and gear sent is of exceptional craftmanship. Very well done. You wont be disappointed in this one. I cant seem to upload pics. when I do they take up the whole page, huge, can anyone tell me how to upload a link to the pics to small pics on here.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:33 PM
AKondor

Hi Guys:

The 1.60 twin is ideal for this plane! We have reports of marginal power with engines like the Saito 1.25
Old 05-12-2008, 10:37 AM
M64

pics!!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2008, 12:51 PM
SLONLOW

OK, building update. Installed retracts in wings and ran guide lines to pull my servo leads thru once I install them as well. Leads should be in today or tomorrow so I can install servos in wings. I installed my nose retract and stearing servo as well. All the retracts fit right in with no modifications necessary. Plenty of pull pull cable for nose stearing. Encountered another issue which I think will be a problem. The servo tray or ply installed in the fuse is much too thin and flimsy. It is made up of what I could tell was 1/8 ply. Much too thin to accept the stearing servo, two elevator servos, and retract servo mounted on it without warping under pressure. I will run 1/4 x 1/4 base wood from side to side along the servo screw holes so that the servos are rock solid on the tray. Also, the push rods provided for the elevators are some sort of fiberglass rods, much too thin for this type of plane. Instructions say to epoxy the brass end coupler to this rod. MMMMM, I would hate for the coupler to come lose in flight when the plane is pulling 3gs going verticle or in a loop. I will use either a steal push rod thru the already provided guides or install better NON Flex rods with bold on clevises. Better safe than sorry...Still no clue as to how to upload the darn pics !!!
Old 05-23-2008, 12:10 PM
SLONLOW

Building UPDATE:..Wings, Have been joined. They set in perfectly with each other. Checked for incidence and washout. Perfect!! Ailerons and Flaps have been installed previously, retracts, lines and servos have been installed as well. Control horns have not been installed as of yet. FUSE: Nose retract has been installed, retract/valve servo and air valve and air tank have been installed. After running the lines, I found out that I was short about a Foot of Air line. No matter, used some spare clear line I had. I strengthend the servo tray by installing 1/4 by 1/8 hardwood under the servo mounting holes. Installed both elevator servos as well as steering servo and steering cable. NICE !! I pulled the original elevator control rod guides out. These came out with no problem. I installed a pair of Semi-Flex carbon rods for the elevators. Much sturdier. Elevators will be installed tomorrow as well as cowl trial fit with ASP 1.60 twin. Building is slow I know, too much work and getting ready for wedding...my own.hehe..
Old 05-23-2008, 04:13 PM
M64

congrats on the wedding!!!!!!!!!
can you post some pics of your build?

M64
Old 05-23-2008, 06:13 PM
SLONLOW

Thanks...when I upload the pics from my camera to my pc then try to load them to RCU, the pics take up the whole page. I cant seem to shrink them down to the little squared pictures most members put on here. How do I do it? Is there a way to save the pics to my pc so that when I upload it doesnt take up the whole page?
Old 05-23-2008, 09:25 PM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SLONLOW

Thanks...when I upload the pics from my camera to my pc then try to load them to RCU, the pics take up the whole page. I cant seem to shrink them down to the little squared pictures most members put on here. How do I do it? Is there a way to save the pics to my pc so that when I upload it doesnt take up the whole page?
Hit the Reply button and a right below the text entry box there is a text link that sais:

Click here to upload images and files!

click that to upload the pics and your all set

Old 05-24-2008, 03:36 PM
SLONLOW

OK I will give it a try..here goes pic of engine to be used..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11798.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	955897  
Old 05-24-2008, 03:39 PM
SLONLOW

Thanks buddy..really appreciate it..now I can upload pics of what I have done so far..great..team work that is what Im talking about..These are of the parts and plane before too much work was done..NEXT series will be of work done so far..

Name:	Ki20466.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	955900   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc91971.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	955901   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk16427.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	955902   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tn33327.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	955903   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gr91442.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	955904  
Old 05-24-2008, 04:34 PM
SLONLOW

OK here are some more pics of the work done so far. Notice the before and after on the nose gear and also the old push rod guides and new white ones installed.
Notice the Elevator Servos installed, the Steering Servo and also the Air Retract servo installed.

Name:	Us52557.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	955930   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up46548.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	955931   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va71217.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	955932   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ib82244.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	955933  
Old 05-24-2008, 04:38 PM
SLONLOW

Here you can see the size of the wing with my son who is 6 holding it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.