Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Anyboby build the Sig Sukhoi 31

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Anyboby build the Sig Sukhoi 31

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 11:33 PM
seagul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyboby build the Sig Sukhoi 31

Was wondering if anybody has build the sukhoi 31from Sig and what was their experience like radio and engine set up etc, just started building mine and am putting a DA 50 on it. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks
Old 11-27-2007, 10:12 AM
sirmombo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyboby build the Sig Sukhoi 31

I started mine about two weeks ago and all tha's left is the fuel tank and the cowl. It's a beautiful plane and went together perfectly. My only complaint is with the green and black trim strips. They were falling off before I even took the fuselage out of the box. My kit was also missing the elevator and aileron pushrods and clevises. I am planning on using the foam main wheels, but I think they will flat spot quickly if the plane is left sitting on them.

I am using a FPE 2.4 engine, spektrum DX7 radio with primarily hitec 5645 servos. I mounted one rudder servo on the right side below the elevator servc. There is a slot on both sides so two rudder servos could easily be mounted, but I think one Hitec 5645 on 6V will be sufficient and I shouldn't need the weight in the tail. I know some people will say the plane will be underpowered because it won't be able to hover at 1/2 throttle, but it'll have plenty of vertical for any maneuver I'll ever do.

I am waiting for fuselage fittings from B&B Specialties before I mount the fuel tank. I fly off a sod farm and it's very important no fuel gets spilled. I don't like the valve referenced in the instructions. By the end of the week I hope to have it complete and balanced and ready to fly. I live in Wisconsin so it may be a while before I can fly it. I don't like to maiden a plane when the wind is over 10 mph and the temperature is below 30.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:06 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Default RE: Anyboby build the Sig Sukhoi 31

I have three years on mine. It is powered by a Super Tigre 3250. I am a little down on power in the verticle. The Da-50 would be my first choice if I was building another. I use 75oz JR servos in mine. (can't think of the #) These are strong enough but I should have used metal geared servos. I stripped both aile servos doing a high speed roll on high rate. Also the top front of the firewall needs to be beefed up. I was getting a lot of flex pulling the fire wall down when applying power. I am including a pic of how I fixed the fire wall.

David
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81099.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	813375